Need help on choosing a sidearm

Rambo Kid

I've been looking for a sidearm thats pretty cheap but not totally terrible. I've ruled out GBBs and NBBs because 1. I know nothing about gas guns and 2. They're too expensive. I love the 1911 model and have narrowed it down to the UHC 1911a1 and the KWC Tanfoglio Witness. Both of the springers can be found on this page. I've seen reviews on both of the guns and they both look pretty solid for springers. Does anyone own one/both of these springers? Which one do you think is better? Have another recomendation for a sidearm that wont break the bank ($30-)?

Thanks for your help,

Rambo Kid :gun:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Cyma 030... I may have to take that into concideration. My problem(s) with the glock are that its hard to be stealthy with the whiney noise and its not a 1911.

it isnt that loud mate :) your target wouldn't be able to hear it very clearly if you were shooting from a distance.

probably no louder than the cocking of the springer slides!

I don't know anything about the Tangfolio, but I had a UHC a while back. They're very good for their price and should last you a long time. The CYMA G18 AEP is probably your best bet though, to be honest. It will cost a bit more than your average springer, and you'll need to charge batteries and all that, but they're automatic (both semi and full), and their report is no louder than a spring pistol, and the gearbox wind-up noise isn't any louder than a proper spring pistol cocking action(rack then release as opposed to rack and ease the slide forward). As Stealth said, they also have much better range (around 115 feet) than a spring pistol (as IIRC the UHC only threw BBs out to 80 feet).

The range of my Marui AEP is pretty good, certainly skirmishable, but the BB kinda 'floats' out to the target and doesn't really hit with much force. It's fine up close but at range it's not unusual for someone to not realise they have been hit.

And when they OpFor turn on you with their tricked out AEGs you soon realise that you are outgunned!

To be honest mate, you would be better off putting your money to good use with an AEP; you're gonna gonna get too far with a springer pistol, even if you do get a half decent one.

You've got the M93R AEP and USP if you're not after a Glock, and I'm sure there will be plenty more where they came from in the near future!

Go with the AEP and a handful of spare mags and your set to go. There is no need for a "after market" battery as the one that comes with the pistols will do just fine. You may want to look into getting a spare battery so that you always have one ready to go.

Battery charge time for the CYMA CM.030 is 2 1/2 hours. You'll get over 1000 shots out of the charged battery. Battery replacement takes less than 10 seconds!

Range over 100 ft. FPS is at 220 (you were not going to get that from your UHC springer using .20's). Accuracy is very good. Takes several hundered shots for the hop-up to really settle in, but then your set to go. Easy maintenance. Selective fire-you certainly were not going to get that with any springer. Very dependable.

There are loads of add ons and you can make your pistols look as mean or as plain as you want.

In my opinion, AEP's are the most versatile pistols on the market. I currently own 4 CYMA's and 1 TM and always have at least one with me on the field.

Archived