TM AKs74u released

WhutJP

Wrong. The VFC also uses a stamped steel receiver. So does my DBoys, though the rest of the gun (unless you get the all-steel version) is pot metal.

The VFC also has 100% correct markings, the Unicorn doesn't (wrong selector locations, for instance), and the AKs never used OAK. Real Russian AKs use Russian plywood, pressed together and laminated.

Please stop posting dribble.

Lol didnt know that the VFC was stamped steel :angry: With oak i was refering to bin ladens version (apparently popularised this gun) which has (apparently) been reported on extremist sites (where afgan people carved and created their own grips for their ak as it was so easy to do so). i was saying the price is much lower than the VFC version :P

the price may be lower but the unicorn needs alot of woork to be half of what the vfc is.

True though price is an issue to people who cant afford the VFC, dont get me wrong i wanted one but was happy with the d boy version :)

TM and unicorn AKs dont come even close to the VFC AKs. i have a VFC AKS-74u and it is made to perfection. it is more accurate than many of my other guns i've owned even tho it has such a short barrel. it is also more sturdy, its stamped steel NOT aluminum, way more durable than the TM AK's or any stock AK in the airsoft market. when you fold the stock to the side on a TM AK, it makes a clicking sound when it locks. on a VFC, it makes a more metallic clanging sound.

i was using my vfc aks-74u to climb steep hills 2 wks ago during an airsoft game by digging the pistol grip and magazine into the ground and pulling myself up to the gun, and i weigh 180 lbs. you can't do this with an aluminum or even a steel unicorn. the vfc is more rugged and solid than the unicorn

i've also used my VFC in rain and i roll around in mud a lot, and to this day, for the past 3 years, my VFC AKS-74u has never jammed or failed on me. again, i'd never trust any of my TM's or unicorn to accomplish this

VFC customer service is also better. i was missing the pin that holds in the rear sight for my VFC AKS-74u. they replied to my email in a day and they sent a replacement pin overseas to me for free. as for tokyo marui, i tried getting a stock screw replaced because the one i had was stripped, and they never replied to me.

i'd take any VFC AKs over the TM's or unicorn's anyday.

eh, I own an Unicorn AKS74U. Since when can I not do what u did in the dirt? I've accidently let clumps of dirt go down my Unicorn AKS74U barrel and it still fired great with no problems. I have abused it by dropping it 3 feet onto the concrete floor. I've tripped on a mountain slope and done flips, landing on my Unicorn AKS74U first.

Frankly, sure VFC is great caused u paid for it. but don't underestimate an Unicorn AKS74u. sure it needs work, but i don't care if i break something on this hubby of mine.

The Badger has to say, Tokyo Marui has really failed to impress him recently. He remembers a simpler time, when TM made guns that no-one else did. They made Sig's, G36's, Augs, p90s, FAMAS', and m14's. Now they are making a model that at least 6 other companies have already done, but they are changing magazine's so those who bought one of the other brands (or even an older Marui) have to buy brand new ones. Perhaps the rein of Marui is at an end...

badgerdancing6.gif

(replace plastic to wood, sand down etc) but its still great, the VFC version (DX) justs costs way too much. Unicorn has the best externals but ###### internals :(

When did DBoys use plastic handguards (and when was aluminium magnetic?)? :P

Archived