Airsoft Miniguns

Manstoat

I have saw that video in March when the autoloader was released. In the very begining, a few seconds in, there looks like a connection screwed or clamped onto the fill tube. Still, it looks like I would have to add another line on the bottom of the feed chute from my backpack in order to run the gun. It looks like the bbs run through a hard plastic line, similar to the airline. Technically, I could run the airline, bb line, autoloader powerline through the chute. I would need to remove the 4 feet of dummy cartridges to make room. The plus side of that would be the 6 pound or so weight savings. :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard plastic lines just didn't work out for me. Most would stop the BB's if bent too far, and even if not bent, had length limitations due to friction inside the lines.

McMaster-Carr to the rescue!

#9664K49 continuous length spring. 36" long. $3.36 each.

Need something longer? You can connect lengths up using silicone tubing segments.

It just so happens that the perfect size is handily available. The nearby Wal-Mart has replacement slings for the "Wrist Rocket" slingshots, at a measly $2.25. Cut into 1" to 1-1/2" chunks, it makes cheap, secure connectors.

KillBucket, how much do you reckon that Micro Mini will end up costing as a completed unit?

or

do you ever foresee selling it as a build at home kit will instructions, I dont have the CNC mill to cut the parts?

I would be very interested in either depending on the price.

Sometimes, money is irrelevant. I have more than enough work lined up for now, I have to admit.

A minigun body is one thing. Adding a working airsoft mech and ancillary components into a WORKING assembly is entirely different.

I may offer all the flat parts cut and bagged, so you just have to get the tubing locally. It is possible there may be production capacity for this next year, but for now, it's an R&D project.

However, I'm getting bugged silly about making these NOW, so...

The patterns are available, and you really don't need a CNC. These are intentionally simple shapes, a $14 coping saw (or better, a $99 scroll saw) and a drill, maybe a rat-tail file, are all you really need.

The HailForce Pattern kit

Looks really uncomfortable to hold...

Not like that'll matter, though. XD

-Vic

You are right. I was out in the garage looking at my homebuilt "Giant Stingray" (24-speed Giant mountain bike plus bannana seat, plus butterfy handlebars =big stingray bike!) and spotted my handgrips. DUH!!!

skullgrips0.jpg

Off to find something akin to these...

Thank you for you fast replies KillBucket. I just might order that pattern and give it a try. I am just torn between the Hailforce or the 616 full sized mini. But unfortunately I do not think there is anywhere locally I can buy the sheets of plastic I would need to cut out the parts.

Would there be any way I could get one to some sort of a waiting list to have you cut the flat parts for one of the two minis then I could just find the rest locally and build the monster down in my leaky basement?

I need minions.

0001MINMINI_grip0001.jpg

The grip was a bit bulky, but really wasn't hard on my mitts.

This is more comfy, and works really, really nice.

0001MINMINI_grip0003.JPG

You can firmly grip the handle without activating the switches.

A bit more pressure at the points indicated, and you can feel the buttons snap on/off readily.

0001MINMINI_grip0004.JPG

It folds flat against the body without any worry of accidental activation.

The pivot bolt is adjustable for tension, and the grip can be operated in its folded position, or anywhere up to 60degrees from the barrel axis.

Since I have a few hundred servo leads lying about, I pressed one into place as a handle disconnect. The grip controls a set of relays with low current, so the wires can be tiny with no problems.

0001MINMINI_grip0005.JPG

The BB-fill port glued in, I'll use a plastic cap as a closure, maybe fake a "motor power cable" coming from it.

0001MINMINI_grip0002.JPG

The front grip will be a foam-covered tube. It's Photoshopped in for the moment.

I also made a panel for the "delinker", more on that in a bit...

0001MINMINI_delinker0001.JPG

0001MINMINI_delinker0000.JPG

I have to confess:

I ran the parts on the shopbot, but the actual assembly was done by a "neighborhood gnome" (the paintwork, however, is 100% killbucket).

He doesn't know he's been working for himself assembling it (as far as I know, he doesn't do the Forum thing). I'll keep the M14 gearbox for safety/legal reasons, but the rest is his when I consider it "done".

This way, I still have complete control over the creative process, he just gets to do the "fun" pasting.

I just do not have the time available to make up even one complete right now. Maybe after I get some key customers shipped, the first of the year. I WILL pull the pattern sets for these then, and only market the bodies themselves.

Seems I read somewhere that the rails on the front are off a motorcycle.

I like the idea of guns that never-were.

Pick ANY gun in a movie, and somebody has already applied a CNC to the idea.

Nothing wrong with having a movie clone, but once you've built a copy of the BladeRunner pistol, what next?

Anybody got any REALLY off the wall projects to share?

Extra points for duct-tape!

Archived