US Marine MEU SOC

Crimson

i just dont see the point for people to buy an airsoft pistol for $600+ that they wont use in a skirmish, and the real one isnt much more

thats where the WE fits in. but hey, to each their own. as i said, im dont with airsoft pistols, at least for a long time.

-Joe

Some cities like chicago or new york don't allow handguns to be purchased...

But your right, airsoft is sometimes way too expensive and if your not gonna use it, might as well get the real thing (just in case the zombies come)... You could get a used kimber for about 700-800 bucks, but a full metal WA with all the bells and whistles could cost as much as a new one

Glocks cost about 450 new, a fully upgraded KSC cost around 300 bucks

a G&P 870 cost around 400 bucks, a real 870 cost about 400 bucks also.

Or if you are a Canadian...in Canada you can get handguns, but the anti-gun lobby constantly messes with those. Or if you are a Canadian in US(in my case, non-permanent US resident legal alien), where 2nd amadment don't apply...

besides, you can't shoot a real steel in your own home...GBB is the next best thing...

Ok, received my samples.

Similar quality to the Socom Gear Wilson Combats, ie very VERY nice. Triggers are a little squishy but have a solid break, hammers are the same.

The magazines are disgusting looking. They basically took standard WE magazines, affixed the wilson combat baseplate, milled out some cutouts on the magazines and then REMOVED the already existing black finish. Yes, these are NOT new production magazines. These are old stock that they converted to the "new" look.

The engraving on the slides is deep. The trademarks and the USMC globe and anchor are really well done. There is no laser etching on this pistol which to me is awesome. I cant stand laser etching, it drives me nuts.

The paint is a cut above old WE's. On older WE's every pistol had a shiny almost plastic like finish. These pistols, while still painted still appear as though they've got an anodized finish. I havent tested the durability of the finish but it appears fairly robust.

Sights are novak style and functional. Much better than 1911A1 sights.

Grips are rubberized and VERY nice in the hand. I prefer the wilson combat grips but regardless, these grips are indeed, tacky and very robust.

Guns come with 1X horrible looking magazine and 1X retention lanyard.

Blowback is strong, accuracy is exceptional and i am able to empty 15 shots on each magazine.

Slide locks back after the last round. Im fairly certain either WE or socom gear fixed this issue (probably WE) with the wilson combat and the new MEU's by increasing the tension on the mag springs or revising the slide stop so that the slide would lock back each and every time when the magazine runs empty.

Long story short, these are nice pistols. WE has come a long way.

Anyone got any questions?

My responses are in bold.

How's the cooldown with rapid fire? Its a single stack 1911, its not exceptional but its decent. The last two to three shots will drop down to about 260-280 fps

What does the slide (with internals, minus barrel) weigh? Uh, not a clue. I dont have a postal scale

Accuracy is exceptional, compared to what? An assortment of KWA pistols, TM 226, TM 1911. Its not quite as good as tm pistols but i care about practical accuracy, not 2 inch groups at 100 feet. Groupings dont mean anything to me.

Cold weather performance? Sorry brother, i live in Florida. The coldest its been down here is 68 degrees fahrenheit. I havent been able to test the gun in weather below that. Obviously, we all know that gbb's suffer in cold weather so this one is no different than any other, especially since its a single stack 1911.

• 5 months later...

Archived