US Marine MEU SOC

Crimson

Following my recient post on PGCs uber sexy MEU 2011, Socom gear have finally released their version for retailers to buy (it was announced early october), of which will no doubt be much cheaper. They are finally ready for retailers to buy and stock their products in the US. I do believe this is a Re branded WE Pistol but ile need to confirm this. Either way it comes with as cool HSS gear lanyard.

So come on retailers lets get an RRP

Pictures:

6edad7ca9a1b9d0303c4357c28f74718_im.jpg

WEmeulanyardhiE_01.jpg

ca8da50d4b9fadc9b2f3fb9182f5cb33_im.jpg

Source:

Socom Gear

http://socomgear.com/english/index.php?mai...;products_id=14

yeh it was but i never posted it ;)

Its avaliable now in the uk and us, hence the post :)

WE Colt 1911 M.E.U. Details

The MEU is a modified M1911A1 .45 caliber pistol sometimes referred to as near match or combat accuratized. The MEU(SOC) Pistol is the designated backup weapon of Marines armed with the 9mm MP5-N Close Quarters Battle weapon. The M1911A1 was chosen for this role because of its inherent reliability and lethality, and because the MEU(SOC) modifications make the M1911A1 design more user friendly.

The unique characteristics of the MEU(SOC) pistol are: commercial/competition grade ambidextrous safety, precision barrel, precise trigger, and rubber coated grips, rounded hammer spur, high profile combat sights, and an extra-wide grip safety for increased comfort and controllability (which aids in a quick follow-up second shot). The issue magazines are replaced with stainless steel competition-grade magazines with rounded plastic follower and extended floor plate.

A solidly built pistol, this WE MEU replica is made completely of metal with a diamond textured rubberised grip, it feels very realistic in your hand. The blowback action is nice and smooth. Featuring realistic markings machine stamped into the body, and has a loop for a lanyard.

STATS

+Power: 300 - 330 FPS

+Magazine Issued: 15 Round Magazine

+Weight: 1.4kg

+Full metal

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Gas_Pistols.html

£90 ! But no mention of the lanyard

honestly, no, its not worth it. i could have fixed it, but, ive come to the realization that pistols just arent valuable in an airsoft skirmish. i loved that marsoc i had, it was perfect; but as soon as i took it out to the field, something ALWAYS went wrong. and i spend so much damned money on it, i just couldnt take it anymore; in addition, i needed to buy a few plane tickets for about $600 each and just couldnt do it. i NEEDED to sell the pistol. selling it helped me so much because it enabled my fiancee to come down to arizona for the USMC ball and for me to go home for Xmas one last time before i deploy.

finally, the $600 difference between my marsoc and a WE MEU is not worth it; sure, my marsoc performed far better than the we i used to have, but not $600 better.

i do thank you for your help with the problems i had, but more and more ive thought, and while having a pistol is COOL, they just arent useful enough for gaming. they are more for collecting. ive owned many airsoft pistols, and ive had the exact same problem with them all; they dont work for some reason or another, when you need them most.

i am done spending close to the cost of a real pistol on an airsoft pistol that wont work right. if i get another (long in the future) it will be an inexpensive one for novelty, and not for skirmishing. but most likely, i will just stick to real pistols, as they have a real use for me.

on the flip side, i find AEGs to be extremely reliable for airsofting, so i will stick with them.

sorry for the off topic post, but i do have reasons for my madness.

-Joe

no, these trademarks arent more realistic at all; the real MEU is a SFA M1911. these are made up to look nice... and look nice they do.

-Joe

Good be wrong but wheren't the real ones simple refurbished 1911A1 as such thay could of been made by anyone from Ithica to Colt.

no, these trademarks arent more realistic at all; the real MEU is a SFA M1911. these are made up to look nice... and look nice they do.

-Joe

In my opinion the Socom version looks like *suitcase*! The history of the MEU pistol is well documented, they are not just SFA 1911s. If you do your research you will find that some slides have SFA trades, some have Caspian trades and some have no trades.

yes, i was just saying what was most common. or more accurately, what is percieved as most common, since NONE of us have ever seen any real MEU(SOC) pistols.

however, i still love the looks of this one. anything with an Eagle Globe and Anchor is AOK by me, ESPECIALLY firearms. while i geuss this wouldnt really be a MEU pistol, is definately has MEU influence on pretty much everything aside from the trademarks.

-Joe

honestly, no, its not worth it. i could have fixed it, but, ive come to the realization that pistols just arent valuable in an airsoft skirmish. i loved that marsoc i had, it was perfect; but as soon as i took it out to the field, something ALWAYS went wrong. and i spend so much damned money on it, i just couldnt take it anymore; in addition, i needed to buy a few plane tickets for about $600 each and just couldnt do it. i NEEDED to sell the pistol. selling it helped me so much because it enabled my fiancee to come down to arizona for the USMC ball and for me to go home for Xmas one last time before i deploy.

finally, the $600 difference between my marsoc and a WE MEU is not worth it; sure, my marsoc performed far better than the we i used to have, but not $600 better.

i do thank you for your help with the problems i had, but more and more ive thought, and while having a pistol is COOL, they just arent useful enough for gaming. they are more for collecting. ive owned many airsoft pistols, and ive had the exact same problem with them all; they dont work for some reason or another, when you need them most.

i am done spending close to the cost of a real pistol on an airsoft pistol that wont work right. if i get another (long in the future) it will be an inexpensive one for novelty, and not for skirmishing. but most likely, i will just stick to real pistols, as they have a real use for me.

on the flip side, i find AEGs to be extremely reliable for airsofting, so i will stick with them.

sorry for the off topic post, but i do have reasons for my madness.

-Joe

Three thoughts:

- You should try a stock TM pistol. No need to dump $600 into something that is perfectly skirmishable out of the box.

- Maybe let someone else do those expensive upgrades. An upgraded GBB is by no means necessarily the sum of the upgrade parts. It takes some skill and knowhow.

- Practice. Pistol skirmishing against AEGs takes some skill. When I do it, I do it for fun, not because I get more kills that way. There's this guy at the local skirmish site who regularly uses pistol only, and he pretty much runs circles around many of the AEG users. Literally. The key is mobility. :P

Finally, why this sweet-looking full metal gunzer may look tempting for the price, don't expect it to be any less problematic than your previous pistols. Especially if it's a rebranded WE.

- You should try a stock TM pistol. No need to dump $600 into something that is perfectly skirmishable out of the box.

An upgraded GBB is by no means necessarily the sum of the upgrade parts. It takes some skill and knowhow.

- Practice. Pistol skirmishing against AEGs takes some skill. When I do it, I do it for fun, not because I get more kills that way. There's this guy at the local skirmish site who regularly uses pistol only, and he pretty much runs circles around many of the AEG users. Literally. The key is mobility. :P

Finally, why this sweet-looking full metal gunzer may look tempting for the price, don't expect it to be any less problematic than your previous pistols. Especially if it's a rebranded WE.

My thoughts exactly, I'm not touching any integral pieces of my TM meu until they brake (with exception for the barrel), and then all I'm doing is getting a new grip and sight, and my moneys on this baby working better with about 50 in her than with anything else I could install.

- Maybe let someone else do those expensive upgrades. An upgraded GBB is by no means necessarily the sum of the upgrade parts. It takes some skill and knowhow.

Very true. When I get pistols these days, I have the upgrades all done professionally. If the gun doesn't work, I send it back. Gone are the days of messing with the fitting of a metal kit over months, pulling out hair and swearing while working metal filings into the internals. I've gotten some great pistols for under $600, which never seemed to happen when I did it myself. Also, WE are tempting, but then again so are many bad things.

Archived