Ares Shrike

BadAssTronaut

The standard Shrike mounts the box mag in the same manner as the MINIMI, at least according to their site (where you can even take a 3D tour).

I would suggest buying an after market feed tray cover and making the feed tray itself rather than hacking a MINIMI apart (though I guess that would be your choice anyway)...

I'd suggest using a hop unit like the P90's or MINIMI's so that you can feed from the side rather than trying to work out a way of making the box mag feed into the normal AR15 magwell, you would also be able to run your power cable alongside the feed spring and store your battery in your box mag; I wouldn't normally reccomend it but with the MINIMI you already have a good sized and easy access battery compartment - here you don't.

Would you be looking to attempt the modified lower receiver?

Cheers Corp, its the EXP. 1 I'm attempting to build, I havn't taken the 3D tour so you could well be right, but going by the phto's on GunTech.com its looks like its mounted on the side.

I know, I don't like the idea of hacking a Minimi apart either, but if I want to get the look of the EXP.1 its looks like I don't have much choice. Don't worry, I'm not gonna use my NATO CUSTOM ;) hopefully I'll be able to source a knackered one for cheap from somewhere :)

Cheers for the info on the hop too BTW, thats very helpful ;)

See what you mean...

That one looks a lot more like a MINIMI with an Armalite stock than the production model - which looks a lot more like an Armalite LMG (if that makes any sense).

Ares Website

That's the one they sell, the only one they sell (though they do seem to custom tweak things), Feeding will be more difficult with a side mounted box, the production model has the advantage of offering a modified lower or a standard allowing the use of a standard or saddle drum mag as an alternative to the belt...

does anyone know wat are those exe files?

They're much better quality versions of the same video. They're .exe's because it's a self-extracting bit of footage. Same thing though, just bigger (102MB!).

A .22 version. Hehe!

http://www.lakesideguns.com/title1/22bfup11.jpg

I found some more vids, but dunno if it's ok to post them... :huh:

take an M4 body, slap a 249 tray with rails on top of it. get some plastic mold thingy to make the bullet feed. The hardest part is actually finding an RAS that looks like the SHRIKE's. And yes, you can make the thing feed into the M4 magwell, not that hard. Ronin of Island Airsoft thought this method. You can use this box mag: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i..._srch_box%20mag, or get this: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i..._srch_box%20mag, cut a hole at the top, butcher a high cap and stick it in there. Of course, you'd need an electric motor thingy to feed it. Replace gearbox parts with the systema high speed parts, and you've got oyurself an LMG.

DSC00070.JPG

Paul's (islandairsoft.net) SHRIKE

Archived