gbb + longer barrel = higher fps?

zeaken

Alright, i have my first gbb rifle coming in and i am lucky enough to have it take aeg inner barrels. I dont remember where but i remember reading gas rifles expierance and increase in fps if the barrel is made longer.

Does anyone know if this is true or am I just crazy?

P.S. regardless of what i hear here i am going to chrono with a stock aks74u barrel and a prometheus psg1 barrel for my own amusement anyways.

+28.759 FPS increase per every 13.7MM added to the inner over 180MM. Ambient temp must between 70º and 72º for the formula to work.

LOL. Na i'm just kidding.

EDIT: But yes it has been done, and it does increase the FPS. Here is a good example http://airsoft-barracks.com/forums/index.p...ic=3724&hl=

the KJW/ASG MK23 (Silent Assasin) is a good example of longer barrel increasing the FPS.

Those are NBB not GBB.

Not only a longer barrel, but tighter one (not too tight) and grade A bb's will give rise to higher FPS. But don't expect any miracles.

The true power of a GBB lies in it's gas consumption (the amount as well as the type of gas) and surrounding temperature.

Yes its a lot put it this way when i was doing my Sig this is what i found

PDI 6.01 = not so good, you actually have less accuracy !

6.03= Power+Accuracy=Best

The extra inch you get on the Comp barrels makes 20 to 30 fps difference !

For a joke i bought the longest barrel on WGC, used a silencer to cover it and tested the fps

421fps on green gas (cold), stuck the mag on the heater and tested the fist shot 501fps !

Way way too high so i had to take it out, plus the slide jams when the silencer is to heavy

Read this thread here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=139137&hl=

EPower Airsoft got their NBB Socoms to do 650FPS

When I had my Tokyo Marui MK.23 I ran a custom cut DBC tightbore barrel that extended half way up the suppressor. (Has universal hopup cuts so I can use it in ANY gun I want), although it is not a GBB it did result in a monster power gain. It yielded FPS gains of over 120. I went from 320-330 on green gas to 440-450 on green gas. It dramatically increased the range and accuracy of the gun.

On gas blowbacks the amount of gas diverted behind the BB is controlled by a valve inside the loading nozzle. The "dose" is set to achieve a good velocity from a short barrel, and increasing the barrel length a little bit will increase the velocity a surprising amount sometimes. But if you go really long, then the amount of gas is not sufficient to accelerate the BB all the way, so the velocity increase is not linear.

Note that you can adjust the switch valve to give a larger dose of gas with upgrade parts, such as the Nine Ball valve spring (included with the Dyna piston head), RCC brass floating valves and so on.

In non-blowbacks you can sometimes see gas fumes come out of the barrel, which indicates that there's lots of velocity to be gained with a longer inner barrel. The trick doesn't work indefinitely here either, but the "dose" of gas is typically much higher.

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

Crimson, my theory with longer barrels and tightbores is the bb actually rubs the side of the barrel on the way out which alters the hop spin, causing it to vear off.

This is the only explination i can come up with as to why my MP7, MP5K and G36K and AKS74U are far more accurate than my G3 and G36. I have spoken to others on this topic and they concur.

Archived