VFC AKM Series

ComradeMP1

mmm... i'm between this and the LCT Airsoft AKM.

Havent seen a review of the LCT yet, but, if it come with the glossy finish like their first offering, the AMD 65, imho it will be a HUGE cosmetic plus over the VFC, as in terms of furniture LCT/Ino/Guarder/RMW have been always ahead of VFC.

Havent seen a review of the LCT yet, but, if it come with the glossy finish like their first offering, the AMD 65, imho it will be a HUGE cosmetic plus over the VFC, as in terms of furniture LCT/Ino/Guarder/RMW have been always ahead of VFC.

I dont know, lately VFC has been putting out some really good looking wood. Check out the wood on the AKM:

http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/vfc_new_web/eng/...tail_ak_akm.htm

VFC > LTC.

while LTC have been better furniture wise VFC have been better at everything else. the wood on the AKM looks nice anyway :)

VFC > LTC.

while LTC have been better furniture wise VFC have been better at everything else. the wood on the AKM looks nice anyway :)

What "kills" the VFC to me is that awful matt textured finish,

what were they thinking when they put out of production their much more realistic glossy finish in their 74 line???

Er, ive only seen a few real russian AK's from a distance but honestly, the finish on my VFC ak's (newer matte finish) looks almost the exact same as any finish ive seen on a modern US import AK.

Real steel AKM... does it look matte finished to you?

AKM-Polish_by_peter.jpeg

Real steel AKM... does it look matte finished to you?

Looks a hell of a lot more matte than my AK74SU from VFC...

Anyway, what im trying to say is, besides russian AK's, what is so unrealistic about the Matte finish that VFC is putting out? Like i said previously, it appears to be similar to US import AK's. Unless you guys desire the EXACT same finish of the russiam AKM, there's nothing "unrealistic" about the finish that VFC is putting onto their replicas.

Anyway, what im trying to say is, besides russian AK's, what is so unrealistic about the Matte finish that VFC is putting out? Like i said previously, it appears to be similar to US import AK's. Unless you guys desire the EXACT same finish of the russiam AKM, there's nothing "unrealistic" about the finish that VFC is putting onto their replicas.

Of course, everything is a matter of personal tastes.

You may be fine with the matte textured finish, but VFC is replicating Russian AKs (except for the AIMS), so the matte finish is not accurate for what they are replicating.

What is curious, is that they used to apply a "closer to russian-RS finish" to their 74 line, but instead of improving it, they dropped it in favour of an Arsenal-like finishing.

like i said, neither are entirely realistic. the early finish was too glossy (FYI it can be fairly easily dulled to acceptable levels with gentle use of a scotch brite pad) and this new finish is too matte. as i said, a middle ground would have been nice VFC :(

i think the main reason for the change of finish was that people whined because they thought that it was a totally unrealistic finish.

• 3 weeks later...
Found some pics of the VFC AKMS on a vfc blog

that wood looks amazing, but i wish the finish was a more glossy

the wood doesnt look bad at all, but i have to say the finish does look rather *suitcase* compared to their older finish.

firefly: both really. it will have blowback, but it is only a standard V3 with a small slot milled in the top, none of this fancy TM blowback i'm afraid :(

the wood doesnt look bad at all, but i have to say the finish does look rather *suitcase* compared to their older finish.

firefly: both really. it will have blowback, but it is only a standard V3 with a small slot milled in the top, none of this fancy TM blowback i'm afraid :(

Fair enough. I'll be going with the LCT in that case. This blow back craze is overrated.

Archived