TM uzi aeg gearbox

Maekl

Hey,

Im sure that there are not much people who know precisely how version 5 gearbox works, so I decided to take some photos to show you. As far as I know (have googled) im the first who posts detailed pictures of it in internet. Only one I have seen is just blurry image taken from the outside of the gearbox. These are from my friends uzi which got locked up and burned fuses. Reason for that found out to be stripped spur and sectorgear.

Here's what it looks like when you open the gearbox

DSC00866.jpg

The motor is EG1000R and it has more teeth than usual

DSC00832.jpg

The gears at closer look

DSC00867.jpg

I dont know whats this one called but you know what it does...

DSC00838.jpg

The gears

DSC00844.jpg

There is actually no cylinderhead, its part of the hopup unit. And the barrel goes all the way through.

DSC00847.jpg

Spring guide is small : D

DSC00848.jpg

The air goes through those two holes and from there in the nozzle.

DSC00850.jpg

Cut-off lever and nozzle. There is no tappet plate at all.

DSC00851.jpg

Piston and pistonhead are fixed together. There is a o-ring inside the hole where the barrel goes through.

DSC00852.jpg

The weak link of the gearbox

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/Maekiii/DSC00853.jpg

That little nub releases the piston.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/Maekiii/DSC00857.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/Maekiii/DSC00861.jpg

For more pics go to http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj98/Maekiii/?start=20

The gearbox is made from polycarbonate, and because of the design it could hold m100 springs. But gears and some of the other components will not, so at this time there is no way upgrading this gun. I hope that some ACM brand such as JG would make their own version of this gun with metal gearbox and steel gears.

What's the reason for the latch on the piston?

Probably just to reduce stress on the piston teeth on shooting which is made separate from the piston itself. If the piston were directly pinned with the teeth, the teeth would slam rearwards with the same amount of force exerted by the spring and would likely break something. The latch is disengaged at the rearmost stroke of the piston making the piston and the teeth return separately on their own. As for the recoil, its simply that the piston is oriented to hit rearwards so your shoulder would feel it more so than one that slams forwards.

Question for thread starter or anyone else who might be able to help me out. Just purchased a brand new Uzi and have run into trouble right off the bat. The gun is firing but for what ever reason no bbs are coming out. My first thought was "*suitcase* the tappet plate is screwed" then I remembered your thread and that you had mentioned that it had no tappet plate. I would really prefer not to send it back being that it took forever to get in the first place. Any ideas where to start?

I had the exact same problem when I got my UZI nacho. I know what happened to yours. There is a little plastic piece that holds the spring from releasing the nozzle to shoot the bb. If the plastic part is broken, the spring is no longer retracted. This is actually a very simple fix if you can open up the external body of the gun. The solution is to get a tiny screw and drill it in where the platic part broke off (note: the plastic piece is essentially a hook for the spring end). Then put the spring over top the head of the screw and it should be fixed. I will post a pic here so you know where it is...I actually had a local airsmith do this for me because he said it is quite a common problem in TM UZI's. Let me know if you get it worked out.

This is where you will find the spring after removing the lower reciever.

uzifixpa1.jpg

Also one more thing. Did you buy your UZI from Airsoft Atlanta? That is where I got mine and if so you will not be able to remove the barrel cap which secures the barrel at the end of the gun. These were all super glued on. When mine was taken apart, we had to take a dremel and cut the cap off in order to remove the UZI body and reach the gearbox. Luckily my airsmith had UZI parts available and replaced the cap.

Yep that's exactly the problem. Unfortunately I pulled the gear box apart before I noticed it and am having damn hard time getting the gearbox haves back together. I'm getting hung up somewhere at the front of the box.

Got it from AEX and they did not glue barrel nut. That would have really sucked.

Edit: Fixed the problem got the whole gun together and now I have no semi and it's shooting about 100FPS. Well at least it's shooting now.lol

Archived