Do Eotechs shatter?

Panoptes

I would worry about a real one just ###### the bed before i would worry about glass shattering

(They have a pretty poor track record among real world users... The contacts tend corrode very easily and they dont get along with heat very well)

I have yet to see that on mine. It really annoys me when people who have no first-hand experience just parrot this kind of stuff.

On topic, there are protectors sold that you can slip on to cover the front piece to protect it from BBs. Element made one IIRC.

The guy who made this for me had a pretty good business going building them just for real EOTechs. he just started branching out into the clones.

Since right in the bumpf for the sight they mention that a holo-sight will still work with a cracked lens I'd guess they will shatter.

Now if they'll shatter when hit with a BB, I'll need one volunteer to step forward.

EOTech-Shield.jpg

I have a shot out clone here that was part of a package deal I got, somewhere on here there's a picture of it.

Also tons of shosts of shattered ones in the EOTech photo thread.

This is how the protector looks on a real EOTech. That's the same kind of protector that Danke posted.

There are several versions for each brand of replicas. It's not like the China made ones that has a distortion and a general fit for all different clones. These are crystal clear and are specific made for each brand for that custom fit. The rear view shows how the protector is clipped in place for a secure fit. Up to you guys on how you want to protect your sights but I think mine looks great. ;)

76409251.jpg

76409257.jpg

yes !

I have only had real ones and i will tell you eotech's will shatter

lense protectors are good , the best one i had was the one i had made by a player on this forum a few years ago

only the 556 does not break it can take a real .22 round

Archived