Airsoft tool kit thread

Pkekyo-Nor

I figured I can't be the only one in the world that has an airsoft tool kit, portable or otherwise, so I'd like for you lot to join me in posting pictures, discussing tools and giving one another tips and pointers regarding tools in an airsoft context.

I guess I'll kick it off with a photo of my tools and hope you'll join me and that my search-fu (couldn't find another thread like this one) has not failed me.

- Pkekyo

1162580ly5.jpg

My bare-bones toolkit that goes with me to every game is a G&P Screwdriver set (Hex ends and Torx's for the win!) and a multitool I got from RSOV for dirt-cheap.

Serves me well and lets me do, well, whatever I need to do, with the exception of taping stuff up :P

One problem though, Dobey/Candyman will find this thread and destroy it by owning us all with an entire machine shop's worth of airsoft tooling. :D

To be honest, if they blow loads of their hard-earned cash on something, they kinda earn the bragging rights to go along with it as well ;)

I sort of look forward to seeing their (and similar) stuff, as it can educate the rest of us as to what possibilities are out there if any of us decide to try walking that very path ourselves...

And indeed, post your stuff, I'm fairly certain I haven't got everything there is to get and learned all there is to learn about airsoft tooling yet, despite myself being a complete tool in some people's opinion :P

I don't own this particular tool kit but this thread reminded me of it.

Brownells 1911 Tool Kit

Obviously suited to RS but I was impressed anyway. "That special something for the 1911 lover in your life"

Personally I started out with no tools that were suitable for fixing my GBBs but slowly and surely I've built up quite a collection.

Remember kids, always use the right tool for the job :P

Isn't one of the fun things about the 1911 the fact that you can more or less get it to the component parts without needing ANY tools, apart from those you can improvise from the gun itself?

Eh, I can strip almost any gun I've come across so far into its component parts using just my jack of all trade tools. The only ones I can't do with them are ones with weird and fiddly screws - the KSC MK23 is a prime example, as it uses a *fruitcage*-off teeny hex screw in two places.

All I need fits in a container the size of a box of soap:

1 set precision drivers

1 set star drivers

1 set allen wrenches + one really small one for the grub screws found on many handguns

1 Swiss knife

For specialized jobs:

1 really long flathead driver for M500 stock removal and M4 buffer tubes

1 electrical repair bag (soldering iron, flux, paste, stripper, assorted loose terminals, wires, shrink wrap and tape)

The KSC MK23 is a prime example, as it uses a *fruitcage*-off teeny hex screw in two places.

0.89mm, got one of those.

When I skirmish I take a toolbox that has every tool I need to strip and build any of the guns I take with me and a car booster battery with a built in inverter so I can run my chargers and soldering iron if needed.

I also generally have enough spares to repair most failures, piston, set of gears, motor, some grease etc.

Quite often I find myself missing a couple of games while I repair some guy's gun.

Archived