Can the TM MEU fit standard TM 1911 mags, and are the TM and SOCOM gear MEU's compatable

-=OGGY=-

Hi, Basically what the title says....i'm looking for a 1911 for a MEU kit I am doing, and I don't know which one to get.

My instict says TM because I can trust them, but if it can take standard TM 1911 mags than it's a no-no (I can't stand the chrome one's.)

The SOCOM gear also seems like a decent offering; full metal and all. The tan one coming out also looks pretty promising, but if it isn't TM compatable, than I can't justify purcasing it.

Thanks, OGGY

EDIT: and sorry, I just relized how long the title is :blush:

yeah thats what I have decided on...all things considered i think it will be my best bet. I think I want to get a VFC metal frame/slide and maybe replace the VFC slide witha zeke one (I cant stand how they machine the *serations?* straight through the ^&%* Springfield custom logo :P)

I cant stand how they machine the *serations?* straight through the ^&%* Springfield custom logo tongue.gif)

I think that that may actually be replicating some RS custom work (like they would re-machine a factory slide to give it the front serrations).

I don't have good photographic proof of this though, I just recall hearing it someone and thought that it sounded like a good explanation.

not surprising at all, consider that MEU really is custom works done by the Marine Armorers to use any off the shelf/surplus parts of 1911 to make them up-to-date for field works.....It is said that no two are the same...

Not exactly the same, but the parts would be interchangable still.

It's very hard to make identical parts when making things by hand.

Thanks for all the replies; I understand why the trades are the way they are, it just really annoys me.....idk why :P

Anyway, ROUND TWO OF QUESTIONS (I may have to make a new thread)

1.) I want to run an M6 light on a MEU-ish pistol; I though TM would be the best for a base, but I can't find a Springfield railed frame. Is there one even made for a TM?

2.) Can the TM MEU take MBK kits for the TM 1911?

3.) Can the TM 1911 take TM MEU mags?

4.) How do you think a TM 1911 with Kimber slide and frame done up to look exactly like a MEU (trigger, ambi-contols, hammer, barrel, sights, grips) would look? (I am looking for alternatives to a MEU slide and springfield frame since I know they make Kimber kits.

5.) If I did that^^^^^^and stuck an M6 on there, could I fit it in this holster http://www.lapolicegear.com/sa60tahoforp.html ? (it would be the one for: Springfield Operator 1911/A1 w/ M6 or M3 5in) I only ask because If I did the kimber set-up, I would want to run it in that set-up. If you are wondering why I don't just go with the holster designed for the Kimber, it only has accomodations for a Surefire X2000 and it doesn't come in FDE. (yes I am very paticular :P)

6.) what other kind of stuff should I upgrade to have a good gun?

Re-cap:

If the TM MEU can't take TM 1911 slides, I would want to run a TM 1911 with this set-up:

-Kimber slide and frame

-MEU style trigger

-MEU style sights

-MEU style hammer

-Ambi-controls

-Pachmayrs

-MEU mags (if compatable with the TM 1911)

-Insight M6

In this holster:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sa60tahoforp.html (if the gun fits)

Also, would a WA be a better choice? I think you can get the same small parts for it to make it an MEU, and i think you can get a Springfield railed lower. Not sure about the MEU slide tho.....

Thanks, and +1 to anyone who actually read all that

• 3 months later...

To the first question yes they are basically the same bar colour and buttplate.

For the second one the slide of a WE / SG will fit the frame of a TM, as will the safety, the outer and inner barrel and the grip safety, the main frame of the WE / SG however won't fit the TM.

@darkeviloverlord, yes they are interchangable between WE1911 models.

'FireKnife'

Edit: The 1911 and MEU by TM are totally interchangable, the differences between them are cosmetic, such as they ambi safety and better sights, my TM MEU runs on 1911 mags and has a 1911 safety, trigger bar and set of grips. It does work, and looks kind of like an early TRP now.

'FireKnife'

Archived