Sniper Training

TheProfessional

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ace price! mine uses coated prisms too, i thought the golf one i mentioned did also. could you post a link? a couple of guys on my site are interested.

you will be surprised how much you do actually use it. they are ace for peeking out of dead ground, around walls etc. common sense really, but if you get one, you think "why didnt i get one of these ages ago?"

Here are some pic's of the periscope I bought....

in the carry case...

S6003251.jpg

out of the case...

S6003252.jpg

extended...

S6003262.jpg

with handle ane rubber hood for eyepiece...

S6003255.jpg

without handle with hood folded...

S6003259.jpg

the top optic/prism...

S6003261.jpg

Speedloader included for size comparison.

It is a bulky item, if I am honest and not easy to transport. The included case is too impractical for gaming situations so will maybe make some endcaps and fit a sling to the scope itself. I can't see me fitting this on a rifle without problems of encumberence. I'm guessing the golf periscope is more streamlined as it looks like there is no large optical tube; therefore I presume the golf versions only look straight ahead?

4 magnification is ample and the periscope has a wide field of view to allow easy spotting and acquiring of targets.

Going to be cammed up next and tested to see how it fairs.

I bought it from ebay .... HERE.

Good Hunting ;)

cheers bushman.

the golf one does indeed only look straight ahead, but you can view it from a surprisingly wide angle, so it will sweep a good bit, even with a fixed 'head'.

it doesnt seem to be much larger than yours either, but is a lower profile when extended, due to the extension part being just a bar, as opposed to a full tube. its almost invisible now its been sprayed.

i also have a transport problem with it, like you. it doesnt go into pockets, and a back-mounted holster/sheath would need to bend too much when crouching etc (i know, i tried it with a shotgun scabbard i made. perfect fit, but just not 'right'.) but it does hold on the side of my scope without problem, even on the bolt side of the rifle (L96, with a large 50mm scope).

nice find, i didnt get any hits for this type when searching ebay :)

edited for spellz

I think both our periscopes are very similar (from the same factory). Main advantage of the OUTMAN periscope is the cheaper price, I guess. Although it is nice that you can easily check behind you, with minimal movement, even if the image is inverted.

My rifle scope is far shorter than most (compact) so has no front bell to brace the periscope against. I would have to fit some kind of wire bracket to the side of the furniture to hold it inline properly, but to be honest am not keen on the idea of making my rifle, more encumbering.

I will fit a sling to the periscope itself, with endcaps and just take care with it when moving. Having it easier to get out/stow will encourage its use in my opinion. Either that or it will get put into my night kit and simply use it when laying up.

Finally got my finger out and after some trials included it in the latest vid (

).

Enjoy & Good Hunting ;)

nice work, bushman!

i agree with the similarity, and i understand about the compact scope/wire bracket thing. i went all silly with a large scope on mine, so its not really a problem for me. i personally wouldnt like to sling it, but thats what makes everyone different!

fun though, arent they? i find i use it a lot more than i thought it would. i just love the lower profile of them, nd ive not been spotted yet :)

Archived