G3KA4 - What parts?

Panoptes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking at doing the same with my JG G3 and IIRC the inner barrel also needs to be cut down or replaced as it will stick out of the end of the flash hider with the shorter front end. Hope this helps

The more I look at the pics, the more unsure I am.

Surely, the inner and outer barrel will need to be extended? :huh:

See below:

chop.jpg

Just about to drop a ton of money on this and don't want to be left with duff, useless parts....

Mating the cocking tube is not going to be a problem as long as you get a front end that includes a cocking tube. I went from a G3 SAS to a G3 SG1 and the only things I needed to change out were the cocking tube and the cylinder, as the original cylinder was for a shorter length barrel. And a new inner barrel, obviously ;)

If you are going to start with the FS51, you will need a longer cocking tube and handguard(like the ones mentioned above) and just a new longer inner barrel (probably around 420mm or so). That'll take care of both your inner and outer barrel.

Front wiring should be pretty straight forward, as long as you have worked with wires before. IIRC, it works just like on an MP5, the wires go out the back of the gearbox and then over the top of the gearbox to the front. Very simple, you wouldn't eveb have to crack open the gearbox to do it. I can probably find a picture of this somewhere....

Thanks, that's useful. I'm going for the folding stock FS51 so it should already be front-wired. :)

I had the feeling I'd need a longer barrel and cylinder so thanks for the confirmation. Longer inner barrrel is goooooood! ;)

Anyone seen a G3 sliding stock knocking around?... :unsure:

Surely you'd be better off starting with a CA G3A4? Only sliding stocks i've seen for sale are the TM ones in HK which back in the day were around £50 posted, i'd expect them to be around the £70 mark now.

Cylinder you probably won't need to change, i've had/got 4 G3 SG1s, 2 of which are TM and 2 CA and all of them have had single ported cylinders in them. Infact all of my guns (MP5k length to G3 SG1 length) have had a single ported cylinder in them!

:P

Surely you'd be better off starting with a CA G3A4?

I see your logic but I think the KA4 has a very different flash hider/sight. As far as I can see, the FS51 has 'almost' everything (although the flash hider isn't 100% spot-on).

Do you know if the TM sliding stocks are metal? I'm sure the slide is but what of the end cap?

Is there a grub screw on the underside? If its anything like any of my TM or CA G3s there will be a grub screw that holds the outer barrel/flash hider on which also tightens against a steel tube that runs under the cocking tube. If there is one and you haven't already undo that.

"standard" for a different gun, so yes.

You can get the M4"plus" length which is 407mm: Clicky

Or you can get what some companies do for the M14 socom, 420mm: Clicky

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the outer barrel? As for the front end attachments, I would imagine they are the same, but snap a picture of yours when they come in and I can compare it to my CA and TM

Archived