Airsoft vs Paintball Matches

DCAP

theres just something about paintball that airsoft cant match.

maybe its the "oh heck, theres a .68 caliber ball of goo flying right at me, if i only i could duck fast enough..."

and taking it in the face...

i've played a few airsoft vs paintball matches. they might run in fear from a 40mm airsoft launcher, and carrying a gbb sidearm to my tippmann 98 custom is a lifesaver. but getting green paint outta my M4 RIS is total pain in the a-hole. plus if the electrics get wet....

true story, i once sold an old paintball gun to a friend and we were at work in the parking lot messing with our equiptment i with my AEG he with his paint marker. And thinking his ammo box was emptied i used it as a taget. I threw my M4 on full auto and emptied a clip. Soon green ooz started seeping from the holes in the box, I almost died lauphing!!! :D

I once asked a tourney paint baller if he wanted to have a go at airsoft as it was on at the site he ran. He just said no, 'cos he'd cheat, couldn't help it. In PB games he'd wipe paint and do what was needed to win, so it was pointless him airsofting. Atleast that was an honest response.

i still cant get my mate who paintballs into going airsoft. To be honest paint ball was more fun. But i prefer the aeg looks AN cheapness of bbs compared to paintballs. I just wish i could dive around in airsoft without breaking a gun. A problem paint ball does not suffer often.

One of the sites I go to skirmish at is used by both airsofters and paintballers. But no, the two never mix.

We even have a segregated 'ready area' for reloading and leaving our stuff. The marshalls are different too. Having said that, the paintballers do walk past us on the way to and from their games staring at all our lovely kit and guns while they wear horrible overalls and carry some bizarre form of hosepipe with a saucepan on the top.

The only thing I don't like is that the gaming areas are often covered in unexploded paintballs, lol.

Having said that, the paintballers do walk past us on the way to and from their games staring at all our lovely kit and guns while they wear horrible overalls and carry some bizarre form of hosepipe with a saucepan on the top.

Lol nail and head anyone? for me this was the reason to go airsoft. Well that and the far cheaper costs!

true story, i once sold an old paintball gun to a friend and we were at work in the parking lot messing with our equiptment i with my AEG he with his paint marker. And thinking his ammo box was emptied i used it as a taget. I threw my M4 on full auto and emptied a clip. Soon green ooz started seeping from the holes in the box, I almost died lauphing!!! :D

You must have a double figure IQ.

Archived