I'm 18

ollie_ty

When I turned 18 my parents forgot about it.

And my friends got me totally newcastled, then tricked me into drinking a pint of absinthe.

I woke up the next day suddenly barred from my favourite bar - apparently the only thing I didn't paint vividly in stomach juice was myself.

A PINT OF ABSINTHE :death:

:)

A pint of absinthe? Christ almighty...

My 18th is coming up this November, and i'm kinda not looking forward to it... But kinda am at the same time...

I'm not doing anything mad for it... Just going to the local with my old man for a pint or two... Then head home and have a family meal... I haven't been one for parties and such wince I was about 10!

The night of my 18th i spent fixing up a mates gun XD went out with my mates for a meal the night after, we were meant to go to town ut none of us had money. finally went for proper town drinkages just shy of a month later when i had money. guess why i had no money. - TM MEU.

But, I don't think I've been less enthusiastic about a birthday in all my life!

Any pearls of wisdom from you guys?

i turned 18 last week, went down to pub, had a few drinks with my mates. a quiet birthday like i usually have.

to be honest i lost most enthusiasm and excitement for birthdays and christmas years ago, they're like any other day to me.

a surprising amount of people seem to think their life will change when they turn 18. this isnt the case. you wake up and feel exactly the same, you typically go to sleep nicely inebriated and wake up feeling the same as the previous day albeit with a bit of a headache ;)

agreed with skarclaw, birthdays are fun when you're amused by plastic dinosaurs. once you get older it always seems to be money and practical stuff (e.g. i got a satnav and some new car cleaning gubbins).

edit:

You are lucky in the UK we can't drink till 21.... Thats the last good birthday.

i know, thats awful. legal sex at 18 and no drink until 21... that said you can drive at 16, and everyone seems to drive automatics. christ, i could have probably passed my test in no time in an auto, they're just bigger, faster versions of my old moped :P

still, autos are boooring

When I turned 18 my parents forgot about it.

And my friends got me totally newcastled, then tricked me into drinking a pint of absinthe.

I woke up the next day suddenly barred from my favourite bar - apparently the only thing I didn't paint vividly in stomach juice was myself.

Its ALWAYS the bloody absinthe. My mates did that to me too, not during my bday tho. Last thing I remembered was breathing out and thinking "oooo iceeeeeeee". Apparently after that we went for supper and someone was "smart" enough to put me in the front seat where I then proceeded to attempt to crash the car and kill us all on the way to supper by grabbing the steering wheel while we were at speed.

Don't believe a word of it officer. :waggle:

As for RAF, I reckon he's getting tired of having to pee standing up...

i know, thats awful. legal sex at 18 and no drink until 21... that said you can drive at 16, and everyone seems to drive automatics. christ, i could have probably passed my test in no time in an auto, they're just bigger, faster versions of my old moped :P

still, autos are boooring

I've gotta correct that, at least in my home state the age is 16, and it's not no drinking, it's no legal drinking. Completely different subject.

I've gotta correct that, at least in my home state the age is 16, and it's not no drinking, it's no legal drinking. Completely different subject.

Troof here, Age of Consent in Nebraska is 16, Legally we can drive to and from school at 14 (if you live in the country) 15 with parents and 16 anywhere in the state, 17 anywhere in the nation.

BUT, at 19 we can vote, what a crock of poo. Nebraska is one of two states with the Age of Majority of 19 which means no voting in state elections (federal yes, state no) and technically you are not a legal adult.

Having said that, I just turned 21 in january, and from 16 on till now I've not done a dang thing for my birthday. You know what my 21st birthday was? I went on a Ride Along with a Police Officer friend of mine rather than getting plum frak plastered like 90% of my other friends did on their 21st. I still dont find drinking all that fun, I have a beer a night when alcohol is left at my place, but other than that I dont drink at all. No desire to I guess, lost all care.

The biggest thing about being 21 for me was being able to apply to the local Police Department, which is a big deal for me.

Archived