Load-out

Right, one for all you geardo's out there.

I think this is the most appropriate section of the site for this, if it isn't, sorry Arnie/mods, could you please move it for me.

I've decided to completely revamp my loadout, and basically need some suggestions on what look to go for.

I'm looking to base it on some sort of US SF load-out, though no Delta please ;)

I like the idea of some sort of airbourne unit, but I don't know a heck of a lot about US SF, unlike most of you other guys out there.

I like the look of the gear the guy in my sig is wearing, does anyone know what unit he is with and what gear siad unit would use?

If it helps I play in the support role so pouches etc. need to be applicable to said role.

My primary weapon will be a MK46 SAW if that helps any.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy in ur sig

-Interceptor with neck protection (Name tape sewed onto left chest area?)

-Standard Mag pounches

-Mich helmet (with nvg mount)

-SF patch on velcro on left arm (heres the BDU)

anywho i think a mich helmet, interceptor vest, the dcu shirt linked above and a BHI ISSAK 60/SAW Gunner/Flotation Kit

Been looking for some pics of the Rangers, however I'm not having much luck. These are the only pics I could find of Rangers, and they are pretty poor quality to be honest, with the exception of this one.

Anyone got any better pics of the Rangers and/or a list of the gear these guys use?

Cheers ;)

Right, well I'm definitely going for the look of the guy in my sig. I understand wasted_youf has a company that make Raid BDU's right? If so I guess I could ask him to provide me with soem of those so thats that sorted.

I have the Interceptor and MICH with NVG mount already, but I need to find a US tri-colour desert helmet cover with button holes, any idea where I can find one of these?

Also, I guess we're are still undecided on what unit this guy is with so keep the ideas on that one coming guys ;)

Major_Payne, what did you have in mind when you said standard pouches? Do you mean 4x Double M16 mag pouches and 2x grenade pouches? Since I'm going for a support gunner set-up, if I do go for the ISAAK wouldn't these pouches just get in the way of this?

I'm after a pair of desert boots too, I know the US military use Danner boots, but I'm pretty sure there is another manufacturer who provides similar boot to the US military, so if anyone could provide some suggestions that would jog my memory I could do a comparison between the two.

Cheers ;)

Eh? :huh:

Ok, so far it looks like I'm keeping the Interceptor and MICH (Might ditch the goggle sling though)

I've managed to source an MICH tri-colour helmet cover and will probably pick up a few other bits there too, nameley a Shemagh Desert Headress - Brown, a pair of Nomex Flight Gloves - Large and a pair of Desert Tan Combat Boots :D

I've still gotta ask wasted_youf about the Raid BDU's, any one have any idea what version of these the guy in my sig is wearing?

Cheers ;)

Archived