how much of a hassle was it to actually get there, with the guns and gear?

For us, from Bulgaria, the cost of airplane tickets, rental cars, hotel for the last night, food, etc. around 700 euro. But it was well worth it. We had no problems with getting there with the guns and gear. The airlines only required that our guns are in a separate hard case and they were labeled as special cargo. We had to pay 60 euro a case.

@Varry: been there this year, with a delegation of BCRG and Airsoft Gent!

First off, it's a 30 hour drive from Belgium incl. pee-breaks, 2 ferry trips (Germany-Denmark & Denmark-Sweden) etc. included.

We were with 9 people and had a convoy of 3 cars in total; of which one car carried all the replica's and the other 2 all the gear, food(MRE's) and a tent. The car with the replica's had to go AROUND the Netherlands, all the way through Germany because we didn't want to break the dutch law. Don´t know if you need permission to carry replica´s through Germany though, while i didnt arrange the trip. The more people you are with, the cheaper the trip gets, we payed around €250,- for fuel, ferries and a campsite (to rest before the return-trip). It's possible to take the plane, but you are not allowed to take your replica's along, if i'm not mistaking. There is a possibility to send your stuff beforehand, to a certain address and collect it with the organisation (this is what the portuguese did), but things tend to go wrong in the process? Atleast I was told that it isnt recommendable. The trip is awesome, we really had a blast! send me a pm if you wanna know more ;)

(we were in NATO's Oscar coy, second platoon, Echo squad btw!)

Piece of the terrain near the "miner's hut"

img8010i.jpg

Pic made by Andy "warGOD" McClane

Edited by [NL]Infinity
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Infinity' date='04 July 2009 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1246733938' post='2124612']

@Varry: been there this year, with a delegation of BCRG and Airsoft Gent!

First off, it's a 30 hour drive from Belgium incl. pee-breaks, 2 ferry trips (Germany-Denmark & Denmark-Sweden) etc. included.

We were with 9 people and had a convoy of 3 cars in total; of which one car carried all the replica's and the other 2 all the gear, food(MRE's) and a tent. The car with the replica's had to go AROUND the Netherlands, all the way through Germany because we didn't want to break the dutch law. Don´t know if you need permission to carry replica´s through Germany though, while i didnt arrange the trip.

Note: Be very careful when transporting guns through Germany as a few berget travellers have lost their weapons to the german highway police. So my advice would be to mail the guns to berget-events if you are travelling through Germany or Netherlands. Might cost more but the cost of losing your guns is a bit more, aye? :)