Secondary weapon for a Sniper

TheL96Sniper

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who here actually snipes?

Because I've been doing it for a few years now, and I think I'd find it pretty hard to do carrying around a secondary gun like an AEG or a GBB SMG.

All you need is a pistol. Good ones can be had cheaply. You won't be using it much anyway.

Ben.

From the replies this is the way i see it...

1. Scorpion is a very good secondary weapon but couldn't be used for primary purposes.

2. Gas pistols are good for carrying but don't work in certian weather and cost a lot to run.

3. The Glock is a good weapon because it is low maintiance and easily holstered but its low range and low velocity.

4. A shotgun is great for CQB and is very cheap but is heavy and hard to carry round.

I'm very confused!!! lol

Aaron

Gas pistols don't really cost a lot to run, and as for cold weather, it depends what gas you use and if your gun is all metal or not.

If you HAVE to have a full metal gun, then it might suffer bad cooldown in the extreme cold, or even refuse to fire.

If you're happy to compromise for a plastic slide, you'll find you can use it pretty much all year round.

Try a KSC pistol for reliability. They come with either plastic or metal slides.

Ben.

get a pistol, aegs.aeps are okay, but pistols work best for the role.

you should only be using it as a last resort anyway.

if you want a good pistol for sniping and arent bothered about blow back get the tm mk23,its made for a sniper.

you wont get one any quieter

get a pistol, aegs.aeps are okay, but pistols work best for the role.

you should only be using it as a last resort anyway.

if you want a good pistol for sniping and arent bothered about blow back get the tm mk23,its made for a sniper.

you wont get one any quieter

Yeah ok pistol it is but the TM MK23 is way too expensive.

i want to keep the price down to under £80.

Atm anyway.

Aaron

S'quite big though, and difficult to holster. But they are accurate, and quiet.

Some pistols have full auto, like the KSC Glock 18C, and KSC Glock 23F. If you really want an automatic backup, get one of those, and get a couple of extended mags, so you can let rip with FA if you get in trouble?

The gas really isn't an issue. If you get a full auto pistol, then you'll go through it quicker, but as long as you're using the pistol an average amount, I doubt you'll need to refill the magazine during a skirmish.

I have two mags for all my pistols, but I never use them. Loads of wasted gas at the end of the game day!

I have the following, Aaron;

Tanaka M40 U.S.M.C.

Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S.

Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro Sniper

WE M16A3 DMR

Ben.

S'quite big though, and difficult to holster. But they are accurate, and quiet.

Some pistols have full auto, like the KSC Glock 18C, and KSC Glock 23F. If you really want an automatic backup, get one of those, and get a couple of extended mags, so you can let rip with FA if you get in trouble?

The gas really isn't an issue. If you get a full auto pistol, then you'll go through it quicker, but as long as you're using the pistol an average amount, I doubt you'll need to refill the magazine during a skirmish.

I have two mags for all my pistols, but I never use them. Loads of wasted gas at the end of the game day!

I have the following, Aaron;

Tanaka M40 U.S.M.C.

Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S.

Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro Sniper

WE M16A3 DMR

Ben.

Whats your opinion on Warrior L96??

For starting off of course.

Aaron

I looked at it to.

If i want to upgrade i think i will just get an expensive one but that won't be for a year or so.

Like i want to start off cheap.

I can get L96 two-tone with scope rings, scope and bipod all for £149.

But i agree on the fact that its not upgraded easily.

Also what do you think of KWC USP compact?

Aaron

I've got the KSC version. I love it, it's awesome.

I've heard the Warrior 1's are ok out of the box. If you just want to try sniping, then sure, I'd go for it, but just know that you'll need to buy a new rifle when you get serious about it.

Ben.

I've got the KSC version. I love it, it's awesome.

I've heard the Warrior 1's are ok out of the box. If you just want to try sniping, then sure, I'd go for it, but just know that you'll need to buy a new rifle when you get serious about it.

Ben.

Ok its pretty cheap and you can get looks of extra for it.

USP that is.

As for L96.

I have been airsofting twice at proper skrimish sites and my mates are creating a teasm and I want to try sniping so I'll buy a better 1 if i really get into it.

Aaron

USP Compact is a great choice for a sniper backup.

It's a great performer, but also nice and small.

If you're set on the L96, get it, but as I said, I think the BAR 10 is a better buy.

Ben.

Well how much can u upgrade the BAR 10??

I mean how good can it get??

Oh yeah, I'm sorry if i'm being a pain, but how much is your M40 and is it good??

Thanks

Aaron

My M40's great! It was pretty cheap, in a sale. I don't actually remember the cost. I needed something lighter than the AICS!

The BAR 10, depending on how much money in parts you pump into it, can be potentially as good as any fully-upgraded TM VSR.

Swing by the Sniping sub-forum. There's loads of info in there, including upgrade guides, etc.

Ben.

My M40's great! It was pretty cheap, in a sale. I don't actually remember the cost. I needed something lighter than the AICS!

The BAR 10, depending on how much money in parts you pump into it, can be potentially as good as any fully-upgraded TM VSR.

Swing by the Sniping sub-forum. There's loads of info in there, including upgrade guides, etc.

Ben.

ok will do...

Aaron

So who here actually snipes?

Because I've been doing it for a few years now, and I think I'd find it pretty hard to do carrying around a secondary gun like an AEG or a GBB SMG.

All you need is a pistol. Good ones can be had cheaply. You won't be using it much anyway.

Ben.

I think a lot of airsofters need a definition for sniper .... as i garuntee most wont get it right...

a SMG or aeg or shotgun will get very much in the way when prone, crawling, or moving quietly. I find the less kit the better. Belt kit, pistol that is reliable, and has the range out to my MED. Anything else is superfluous. If i NEED the pistol, ive done something wrong. If i need a smg? god, Ive screwed the pooch very very badly...

pete will agree that our art is about being sneaky... the vast majority of airsofters I see with sniper rifles run around like an aeg player with longer range, or so they think... the majority seem to think a 500fps sniper rifle is a longer range weapon to give them an advantage over an aeg player. they rack like the speed of lightning and need 5-10 mags...

I have ONE mag for my maruzen type 96a1, and thats PLENTY, i have never had a time ive needed to reload faster than a speedloader to the mag, or if needs be, a round at a time by hand.

My recomendations? Tm Socom if you are big enough and have a nice secure holster. or a silenced nbb p99.

Odly enough, I find my Maruzen PPK or tm 226 the best steadfast sidearms. I know they will fire, and if i need more than the 22 rounds each holds in a mag, im screwed.

On the bar 10 and l96s.... personally? i have both the maruzen 96, and a vsr10gspec... I do actually prefer the vsr for sneaking and being able to get in position. Its smaller, lighter, and packs the same punch.

The l96 however is my first choice... Its by far my best rifle, and Dispite its larger size, I prefer its action and the grip. Its all personal really.

With the maruzen/warrior system, or bar/vsr systems, you cant really go wrong. they are the two main systems available in spring, and in the entry market. However, be prepared to put money in... without it, its simply not worth it.

The Warrior uses an APS/2 system, right? Not sure if it's fully compatible with the APS upgrades, though?

I'd imagine it uses the L96 sytem, and takes PSS96 upgrades. Being a clone of the Maruzen L96?

I think a lot of airsofters need a definition for sniper

I've got a bolt-action, that makes me a sniper. True facts.

Archived