Making the change...

cadetrichards

Who doesn't want a CIRAS? :D

HaVoC's post just reminded me about something I was going to say earlier. If you intend to use the ACU, then I would get your gear in either Tan or Coyote Brown. Apparently it matches the colours in the ACU much better than Olive Drab. Besides, not much point in having a uniform in a universal camouflage, then using gear that only works in one environment. :P

Well I believe TMC's selling/sold his Callahan in order to get one ;)

Just got a call from UK Customs asking to be paid. I told them to f**k off, and that I'd pay them tomorrow. However, this means that my TAG dumper, TAG rigger's belt, and Underarmour has made it here in ONE DAY! I just hope they don't try to deliver it when I'm in my French Oral Exam... <_<

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paraclete Triple M4 Pouch (holds 3 mags) = $59.00

3x SDS Double Rifleman Pouches (holds 6 mags) = $38.70

There really isn't any choice ;)

Plus, the Paraclete smoke grey colour looks great, but IMHO it just doesn't 'match' other OD colours. Not sure how much that matters to you, though.

Pah, I used to want a Paraclete RAV, but it's over-rated and over-priced. Now I want an Eagle Industries CIRAS... :D

optacticalgear_1841_7286416.jpg

Go on, tell me you don't want one ;)

OOOHH sexy vest. You CAN get Tru-spec ACU's at http://www.airsoftarms.com/ for $60 for a full set, I plan on ordering some soon.

Tru-Spec aren't...well...true spec... :P

Propper are excellent, but Tru-Spec aren't great quality - I've seen their stitching come apart quite rapidly.

My newest set is propper, my neighbor helped me make home-made raid bdu's, even if the stiching is a bit faulty, it can be reinforced. But, hey, ACU's for $60!

Speaking of real one's; my sister's room mate was a capt. in the 82 airborne, his job was "night vision technician". He said if I give him $280 something for parts and labor he'd make me an AN-PVS 13 monocular. Since then I've been hordeing money like a, well, a geardo with a good deal on NVG's. :D

IS that ciras really heavy + is it really 800 bucks and I want to get the guarder fsbe mod 2 vest but I cant seem to find a small,all they seem to ahve is large etc, im 5ft 2 (weeman) does anyone know good vest off optactical.com apart from one that costs as much as a M249

ps:havoc, how much was your vest

I wasn't impressed with TruSpecs MARPAT cammies, they have lost a lot of their colour after about 4 washes. I'd wait to get the Propper ACU repros. I personally wouldn't get the issue ACU yet. Most soldiers haven't even seen the ACU, so I'd want to wait a while until they have been distributed to the US Army. There is also the chance that the Army could modify the pattern leaving you with an out-of-date uniform that you have just spent about $300 on.

Edit:

IS that ciras really heavy + is it really 800 bucks and I want to get the guarder fsbe mod 2 vest but I cant seem to find a small,all they seem to ahve is large etc, im 5ft 2 (weeman) does anyone know good vest off optactical.com apart from one that costs as much as a M249

The CIRAS will be heavier than say an FSBE1 due to its cummerbund design, and also the release mechanism, but it should be entirely useable. It shouldn't cost you $800, OpTactical stock the CIRAS for $525, although you might be mistaking it for the Paraclete RAV, which although looks similar, differs in many ways.

You should be ok with a Medium FSBE, you can make them pretty short. If your worried about it not fitting in the chest, then you can buy a set of replica plates and this will make the FSBE fit a lot tighter.

For other good vests off of OpTac you should take a look at: The HSGI Weesatch/Wasatch (although by the sounds of it the Wasatch may be too large for you), the SOTech Hellcat/Tomcat series, the TT MAV and also the PPM Assaulter and Patroller, that list is by no means exclusive however, but I don't think you will be disappointed with any of those chest rigs.

I wasn't impressed with TruSpecs MARPAT cammies, they have lost alot of their colour after about 4 washes. I'd wait to get the Propper ACU repros. I personally wouldn't get the issue ACU yet. Most soldiers haven't even seen the ACU, so I'd want to wait a while until they have been distributed to the US Army. There is also the chance that the Army could modify the pattern leaving you with an out-of-date uniform that you have just spent about $300 on.

Most soldiers, no they haven't, but I have ;) don't care if anyone believes me, but ACU's am teh cam0fAulge. Just wait till you get your hands on some, you'll be in love. Even the flekkies won't be able to resist. :P

ps:havoc, how much was your vest

About $80 ^_^

With the pouches...god knows! :P

If I were you, I'd avoid the plate carriers - after a while, you'll be in the position that I am now, of wanting more real estate. You've got all those pouches and nowhere to put 'em! They also move around a lot in woodland, and are quite restrictive.

I'll be moving to a Guarder FSBE myself, I think.

EDIT: Or maybe a MAV. MAV = Sexy! :D

In fact, if you play woodland, I'd recommend the TT MAV. It's a top bit of kit, allows you a lot of freedom of movement, and is perfect for smaller people as it's very adjustable. The TT plate carrier would be too big for you, but the MAV should fit.

http://www.optactical.com/noname25.html

droooooooooollllssssssss what a sexy vest. But WTF is all that no name stuff about

It just means that they haven't added it to their system fully. Give it a week or so and it should be updated with all the information you need and purchasing details.

Edit: Damn it Havoc! :P

It just means that they haven't added it to their system fully. Give it a week or so and it should be updated with all the information you need and purchasing details.

Rather like the way they finally updated the 6004 page about a week after I ordered my HSGI holster... <_<

I was originally planning on going with a plate carrier. Either the TT, DBT or paraclete.

I decided against it simply because you HAVE to position your mag pouches directly on your stomach. I prefer having the ability to mount things off more towards my hips.

Alright Heres the skinny on the equipment. I assume your going for an Army look so here We go.

With any Army general Infantry unit you are gonna get the issue gear. Issue gear right now for GI's Is an Interceptor Vest, you will usually See some soldiers with woodland but recently we've been ordering 3-color desert cause It actually goes better with the new ACU pattern. Knee pads are also a must have because you can only drop down into defensive position so many times without these bad boys. There are 3-color Des knee pads out there you just have to look for them.Next are Elbow pads, Not really a Must have unless you plan on being in defensive on the ground alot and you rarely are when playing airsoft,I guess you guys are just worried about getting your Set dirty cause I have not once seen an airsoft that hasnt been in the mil go to the ground. Anyways next up Is the load gear. Now you could use an interceptor BUT Ill be honest I dont like the feel of interceptors for load carrying purposes. I feel if its a plate carrier It should have more modular use then the interceptor does. There are some units in the national guard still using the old issue GI LBV which works fine and is alice compatible. Theres also Molle II which is a nice load carrying system. Now for boots Black is still issue for jungle but we sometimes buy Des and just use them cause we are switching soon A tan boot soon anyways. Now into BDUs and DCUs. Well here the thing Jungle is still issue and it will be untill summer when the new recruits will be getting them in boot camp BUT Its will still be awhile untill you see everyone walking around with them on. ACUs are meh there ok not to great but not bad but there are actually get redesigned so you should actually wait and see what they look like later unless you like the now look. Ok now if your going for a more specializied unit then I can assume its gonna be rangers. While Rangers are issued gear just like any other unit theres is alittle different They have the Ranger Spear Balcs. Nice vest and modular but most Rangers buy there own stuff to take with them. You will see anything from a simple Chest Harness-an EAGLE CIRAS. So really you dont need to pinpoint that look to perfection. lastly the Infamous SF look that everyone seems to love to replicate. Well issue is Spear Balcs and Spear ELCS. You will also see operators with a multitude of gear and different painting scheme on them becuase really its not about uniformity once you reach that level its all about getting the job done quick,fast and hard and you are allowed to use any piece of gear that can make that happen the best for you. You will see alot of operators usuing the RAV vest just because its really simple and there are alot of them but lately you can find some people packing some CIRAS vest up for themselves.

Thats all I really have for you I could go on but hey I think I probably filled up a page already. Like I've mentioned before my PM inbox is open if you ever wanna ask about a specific look of a unit be it Army :) ,Marines, Air Force :( , Or the infamous Navy Seals just wip me up a pm and Ill get back to you.

ok well Ive been seaching for BDUs and I found this uk store (look at the bdu's at the top left of the screen. http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/8...hopscr2684.html

I was wondering if there are different types of BDU's and which one is the best, is the one in the link a good one.

Ps: havoc, how good are tactical tailor pouches

Archived