Making the change...

cadetrichards

Hi guys I have decided to change froma dpm set up toa us set up. I was wondering if anyone could help me with camo, vest, pouches, kneepads and hemet. I have searched and theres on topic about doc gettinga molle vest but I need help on which is a good vest without having to pay too much. The most Im willing to pay for a vest is $300 (good one) and have noticed some vests selling for $800 plus, do they contain armour plating which makes them expensive etc.

Also Im looking fora newer type of camo like ACU

All im looking for is a good quality one that will fit me (im 5ft 2in) I would like a molle system a bit like the one in the attachmet.

CHEERS EVERYONE!!!!!

post-5142-1115847403_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

800 dollars for a vest is outrageous, for airsoft. 300 for a vest is a bit overboard as well. Get like a guarder m.o.d II vest they come in woodland black and desert, possibly more. Those are less than 100 US and then you can get all the pouches you need for your airsoft needs. Or just a cheap us surplus load bearing vest, as I find the mod2 is a bit bulky, and Im 5'10. The mod2 in black goes good with woodland, urban, tigerstripe, black, and olive drab bdu's. Woodland load bearing vests really only look right on woodland bdu's

none just my own thing but I was hoping to get the guarder mod 2 vest in olive drab I was also wondering if those new tigersripe, ACU's, digicams etc were better than the classics and were to buy them. I dont know anything about US units so please edjucate me on that aswell please, Is it the navy seals, marnies etc.

ps: What are the proper/quality m16 mag pouches for the guarder mod 2

thanks for your help!!!

Personally digital woodland camo looks like puke to me. If youre going to get ACU's instead of BDU's (I think they only come in digital) the digital urban looks really nice. The digital desert and tigerstripe are also pretty good looking. I believe the marines wear digital camo. Really I dont know too much, just check out militaryphotos.net and find a picture of a setup you like, post the picture or a link, and hopefully Ill be able to tell you what they are wearing and who makes it. As for the mag pouches search the airsoft website you order things from for m16 mag pouches, I dont really know since I bought my mod2 from a friend with 4 mag pouches free

ACU's are brand new to the public (Possibly to the government as well) I believe, so yeah youre looking at spending an aweful lot on acu's. As for bdu's, you have two options, well probably more but Ill tell you the two easiest. You can order new ones from a surplus store at about 35 dollars for bdu pants and 35 dollars for the bdu jacket. OR you can go on ebay and find a used surplus store with lightly used bdus and buy each for 5 bucks. I just spent 5 dollars on the top and 5 dollars for 2 pairs of pants. They are like brand new, the shirt just has a few stitches sticking out where patches were removed. Then youve got like 10 dollars shipping so buy them both from the same guy and combine shipping so you only pay like 22 dollars for an entire outfit as opposed to 70+ bdu/300+ acu

Um depends who you buy the bdu's from (on ebay that is) most us surplus stores on ebay are located ..in the us though :P i dont know the us issue boots, i wear cheap 20 dollar jungle boots that i got from an army/navy store down the road.

ACU's haven't even been issued to all the US Army yet, much less released for public consumption. I've seen a few different boots issued with them, mostly Bellevilles and Desert Acadias from Danner. For a really good boot that'll save you some money, look into Wellco Tuffcushions. Their desert boot matches pretty well. The most current set up is the Point Blank Interceptor body armor, with pouches attached to the IBA (Individual Body Armor). If you order pouches from Hong Kong, you're gonna get ripped off. Its ususally cheaper to get real pouches. The least expensive will be Specialty Defense Systems (SDS). Blackhawk is decent stuff, but it'll run more than SDS will. If you can find it over there TAG has a new line of pouches that is as good as anyone else out there. Its comparable to Paraclete in build quality, and SOE and SOTech in toughness. In terms of gear, $300 isn't all that much to spend on a good rig. I have a gear bag with well over a thousand dollars worth of nylon in it. You only have to buy the good stuff once. Under no circumstnaces should you even contemplate black gear, with the possible exception of a Police impression. OD is probably the most universal color, with Coyote Brown following close behind. Woodland gear is fading from the market, so I would recommend avoiding that as well.

Yuck - stay away from copied MARPAT, it'll probably fall apart.

As for pouches for a MOD II, I'd recommend SDS pouches. They're rugged, cheap, yet they're issued to a lot of US soldiers.

Lightfighter do them, but you'll want to email them for a stock check on the items you're thinking of ordering before you order, or else you may be in for a long wait with little or no contact from Lightfighter.

You can also order straight from the SDS site, but I believe you'll wait a while if you do so, as they have military contracts to fulfil.

By the way, you'll notice that the prices are ultra-low, yet the gear itself is said to be some of the best for the money.

I clicked the submit button and went to go make myself lunch. Stupid internets been ###### out all day long, it finally managed to register my post about 15 minutes ago.

So again, i say, damn you HM!!!!!!!! :D

The PC TX-II should be fine depending on what you want to use it for. For MOUT you should be good to go, but I would recommend something more secure for greenside, however they seem to be pretty popular as something to go on a subload.

As has been said, SDS are pretty tough to beat for bang for buck, but any pouches you can find on Lightfighter should be of a pretty good standard. You can also get SDS pouches from Entry Gear.

One word on Paraclete, in my opinion, they are over rated. Especially after hearing about the elastic on the mag pouches and other stuff failing, I don't think that their gear is worth the price tag, especially when other, and sometimes superior, products can be had for less.

Paraclete makes awesome gear. However, alot of people tend to think that they're overpriced considering alternative manufacturers make gear thats just as good if not better for almost half the price.

Paraclete Triple M4 Pouch (holds 3 mags) = $59.00

3x SDS Double Rifleman Pouches (holds 6 mags) = $38.70

There really isn't any choice ;)

Plus, the Paraclete smoke grey colour looks great, but IMHO it just doesn't 'match' other OD colours. Not sure how much that matters to you, though.

Pah, I used to want a Paraclete RAV, but it's over-rated and over-priced. Now I want an Eagle Industries CIRAS... :D

optacticalgear_1841_7286416.jpg

Go on, tell me you don't want one ;)

Who doesn't want a CIRAS? :D

HaVoC's post just reminded me about something I was going to say earlier. If you intend to use the ACU, then I would get your gear in either Tan or Coyote Brown. Apparently it matches the colours in the ACU much better than Olive Drab. Besides, not much point in having a uniform in a universal camouflage, then using gear that only works in one environment. :P

Archived