Making the change...

cadetrichards

Hmmm...it'd help if they gave the manufacturer...

If I were you, I'd go on the Wannabe Forums, and have a look on the Frontline Norfolk forum. I think Rick does a good line in Propper US BDUs in good used condition - by far the cheapest way to buy them.

TT pouches...I'm not sure. My TT plate carrier and leg rig are excellent, so I can't imagine the pouches not being of a similar standard. Besides that, I know a lot of people swear by their single M4 mag pouches.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well there are also some at flecktarn

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/uscct1na.html

I dont mind paying 18 quid as long as there good.

what kind have you got havoc?

+ im going to get a PASGT replica helmeit and bolle T800s is the replica a good choice or does it have its flaws? (is there anything better on the market)

also im going to get small sized BDUs as im only 5ft 2 and have a 30in waist

I've got those Flecktarn ripstop ones. I managed to rip a button of the back today, though...which shouldn't have happened. That said, they generally appear to be decent quality, but when the button came off, the material itself ripped ('ripstop' :rolleyes:), rather than just the threads giving way.

I'd really ask rick at Frontline Norfolk - he's super-reliable, and the used Grade 1 stuff is excellent if he has your size. Plus it's dead cheap.

The PASGT is fine, but the replica depends on who it's made by. Generally, though, they should be fine.

bit off topic here but do you think I should wait for the m14 sopmod to come out or get a ca m15 a4. If I get tah sexy sopmod I will have to wait a while before I get my gear (because I need specific pouches for the m14) or get the m15 now? what you think?

BTW what are those tan boots those marines are wearing in those pics and I think it may go well with my woodland.

post-5142-1116021425_thumb.jpg

Meh, just get the CA. They're fine (mine is anyway ;)), and the G&G and G&P ones are sometimes over UK limits, sometimes unreliable...meh, they've just not been around long enough to know much about.

DCP00557.jpg

DCP00558.jpg

Finished off my jungle gear earlier today, 5 grenades Wooh! Its a heavy load on the vest, it just makes over night skirmishing more fun.

ps I usually paint my face for games.

This is my "Undercover Chav" gear for when I'm in the UK. :P

DCP00555.jpg

hay cadetrichards i'm also switching to us woodland i got a weesatch vest in woodland its a mod vest plate carrier and it has some mag pouches on it already theres a pic of me wearing it in this thread http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=17062

i haven't got the plates for it yet toysolider plates are 27 pound posted from onpatrol

my bdus are raid style i ordered them from here http://www.uktacgear.com/

oh and i got my vest from here http://www.skdtac.com/category.asp?categoryid=64

I cant seem to find the GUARDER MOD II BODY ARMOUR in a small. All they seem to offer at wgc is Large, medium and extra large. Well im not very big and have a 32 in chest but the medium is 37in-40in so that would be too big. Im also 5 ft 2in so it cant be too long, so I think a small is the only option.

please help

hi again guys, I just found something nice on lightfighter.com that looks like a fsbe and has 6 mag pouches installed for £200.

http://www.lightfighter.com/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=1430

what do you think?

what size should I get for my BDU's, I thought small + short for trousers and small +regular for shirt. I cant find a size chart but im 5ft 2in and have a 30in waist. are these sizes correct for me or can you sugest any better

I don't think getting a small is really an option, seeing as how Guarder don't make one.

However, there are solutions to your problem.

You can buy replica plates, this will really tighten the FSBE up around the chest.

Or, you can fold the velcro over at the sides. This will allow you to tighten the FSBE up a little more than if you use the full velcro coverage. The fastex buckle will hold it in place so don't worry about it being less secure than if you used it in the normal fashion. I've attached a picture to try and show what I mean.

If you use both of these in conjunction you should be good to go with medium armour.

Cheers,

Bolleh

Edit:

hi again guys, I just found something nice on lightfighter.com that looks like a fsbe and has 6 mag pouches installed for £200.

http://www.lightfighter.com/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=1430

what do you think?

what size should I get for my BDU's, I thought small + short for trousers and small +regular for shirt. I cant find a size chart but im 5ft 2in and have a 30in waist. are these sizes correct for me or can you sugest any better

Cadet Richards, in regards to the Warhammer, it is likely to be the same sizing as the FSBE, if not larger. The mag pouches may well not be the most suitable for greenside, although I'm sure it will work great for direct action/ door kicking, the combination of a lack of active retention system, and also the fact that airsoft mags (excluding the ICS ones) are an inch or so shorter than real steel mags, will mean that this is most likely less than an ideal solution for you.

Are you set on a FSBE style armour carrier? If you're really worried about sizing you could always go with a smaller chest-rig, for example the Tactical Tailor MAV, or any other similar chest rigs. Or you could commission someone like EssTac to make you a custom chest rig, it will work out cheaper than you expect. I recently had an EssTac custom chest rig priced up for me and it worked out at £58, so that may well be something to consider. If you are interested in commissioning EssTac to make you a custom chest rig, you should send an email to contact-us@specforcesgear.com, as EssTac will no longer deal direct with the consumer, and I can recommend Special Forces Gear.

In regards to BDU sizing, here are some size charts.

post-1324-1116085180_thumb.jpg

you know on the guarder mod II, how many mag pouches could I fit across the front on my stomach area. 4? 6? anyway about those tactical tailor mag pouches (open top ones) im very interessed in them but whats this about malice clips cause I dont know what the heck they are and is it only tactical tailor that need malice clips.

finally does lightfighter have back-orders on pouches,boots, knee pads, gloves and BDU's and are they reliable to deliver to the uk and how long is shipping?

http://www.optactical.com/macllopkgof4.html

These are malice clips. Theyre used to attach molle pouches to the molle webbing.

The attachment process is really quite intuitive.

I would really recommend avoiding lightfighter. They have such a huge clientbase that most of their stuff is out of stock.

Id highly recommend www.optactical.com as they ship extremely fast and i know that they ship to the UK.

Archived