G&P m120 won't pull a madbull m110?

DFM56

I got a ASGI custom m4 (G&G combat machines gearbox) about two months ago, and I've ben running into problems whenever I try to use anything but the stock spring. I'm getting 290 with .25gs after a few compression fixes, but I would love to see that a tid higher. I have a madbull m110 spring kicking around, but whenever I put it in, it cycles once (max) and locks up when the piston is almost at the back of the gearbox. the 1st cycle always sounds very strained, and takes about twice as long as a cycle with the stock spring.

I have a G&P m120 motor (stock motor does the same thing) and 8mm bearings, and a mosfet as far as upgrades go. I'm getting close to 25 rps with the stock spring, so I can't see the motor being too weak to pull the 110, especially with people around here getting 30+ rps out of them with 110s and 120s. 

Any ideas? I would love to get away with not needing to order any new parts, since I'm probably going to ditch this soon for an aug. 330 FPS AEGs just don't sell well in a place with only woodland sites unfortunately  :rolleyes:

Check your shimmimg clearance, it may be too tight. It should be free wheeling without any resistance. G&P M120 can easily cycle a SP120 (440-450FPS) spring at 25-30ROF (one of the stiffest springs offered in the market today). Thru experience, guarder springs are way off, too much powerful. Our set up here at SP90 can easily reach 340-350FPS, SP100 at 370-380FPS.

Running an intellect 2200 mah 9.6v crane battery, shimming is pretty loose (looser than I would like it, looser than all of my other guns that pull more that a 110) on all gears, they spin freely without the spring and piston in the gearbox. I reshimmed it after the first time this happened to me, and it still won't pull it.

This is seriously confusing me. The shimming is good, and I don't see anything that the should be binding. it sounds like a dream with the stock spring in.

Have you checked that if there's alot of length difference with the springs? While working on my mates M14, I noticed that the Cyma stock spring is over 2cm shorter than a Modify M100 or a M110 spring (M14 is just an example, your M4 may have a shorter spring too).You can try cutting a M110 or a M120 spring to match the stock spring and then try again. Remember that cutting the spring affects the FPS (the more you cut, the more you loose FPS).

Running an intellect 2200 mah 9.6v crane battery, shimming is pretty loose (looser than I would like it, looser than all of my other guns that pull more that a 110) on all gears, they spin freely without the spring and piston in the gearbox. I reshimmed it after the first time this happened to me, and it still won't pull it.

This is seriously confusing me. The shimming is good, and I don't see anything that the should be binding. it sounds like a dream with the stock spring in.

There is your problem, that combined with motor height issues I would assume would be the two primary issues. That or the spring is long enough that it's causing it to bind up. Does your piston head have bearings (on the inside of the piston?) as well as a Bearing spring guide? If so, remove one of them, either the bearing spring guide or the bearings on the piston head and that should seriously help.

Intellect batteries are seriously hit or miss. I avoid their packs like the plague. All of their Smaller than Sub C packs have serious voltage droop under load and cant output enough to save their lives. Buy an Elite celled pack to go with your Crane Stock or use LiPo's but avoid the friggen Intellect batteries.

Thats my personal experience with them anyway...

Problem was indeed caused by the battery, combined with low shimming on the sector gear. I'm not used to shimming bearings flush with the gearbox, and forgot to properly shim the sector in relation to the semi-auto cutoff lever. Shimmed it again, ran for a while, but as soon as the battery got a tid low it would lock if I stopped the cycle in the middle of a semi-auto shot. using a friend's 9.6 3300 mah batery fixed it right away.

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

Archived