Aep laser battery box

Maekl

So after I upgraded my aep with a stronger spring, I found out the 7,2V's were incapable of pulling the spring. Since I have decided to stay away from lipos I started thinking of making a batterybox diguised to laser unit to fit a NiMh mini battery inside. By the way, 11mm wide vsr10 upgrade springs fit aeps after shorteninng them. : D I discovered this few days ago. So there is a way to upgrade and aep to 300fps and maybe even over.. but I'll stay at max 260.

So I starded out by making a template.

DSC01866.jpg

Then I cut the parts out of a 1mm thick aluminium sheet I had lying around... with scissors

And after sanding I glued them together with chemical metal.

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

So 4 of the mini cells fit the battery box, and the rest will go inside the original battery space. The tools on the backround are all I used to cut and shape the parts.

DSC01865.jpg

Then I added some details and paint.

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

Now I just have to way until I get the battery cells... : P

Thanks for the comments ! : ) I used plastic padding chemical metal to bond the aluminium together. When it hardens it feels like metal to touch and is extremely durable. I painted the slide to match the battery box and I modded it to fit 100 round long mags.

Archived