More Tokyo Marui guns to be released!

Inspector

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The video shows the bolt, charging handle and gas system reciprocating on the G36, so I think its safe to say it has a "recoil"(as far as AEGs go) engine.

Hmm you're right. I just managed to see the video (from the other thread)... I'm surprised they don't plaster the 'recoil engine' label on the display, like the M4 CQB.

Arnt the new glocks the same as the old one with only new externals?

I am worried that with the addtional magwell the regular mag won't fit since the magwell looks to extend beyond the grip by some margin...

also the new magwell and bumper is supposed to be magnetic to aid reload....odd....

I wonder if the new Marui M4 CQB-R is any better than my Sopmod in the materials used for the lower receiver ? ... My buffer tube has eaten through the threads in the lower receiver, and now I'm SOL and need to find another solution to keep it in place.

The problem here is that the manufacturers look at what's popular, and what will sell well as a gauge as to what to manufacture. In Hong Kong (and most of Asia), WA type GBB's have been crazy popular. And as a result we've seen a lot of after market support for it. The new TM SOPMOD platform on the other hand has not been all that popular. So most manufacturers see making parts for it very low on the priority list and much higher risk when compared to GBB and traditional AEG platforms that are more of a sure thing. It's a shame as I think the new TM system has a ton of potential, but until other manufacturers start making sufficient spare/reinforced parts for it, I'm just not going to waste my time with it.

Archived