More Tokyo Marui guns to be released!

Inspector

Never understood the whole coloured frame thing (IPSC not included) tbh. I mean, the bulk of the frame is covered by the shooters hand so surely they should place an emphasis on colouring the slide instead?

That said though, they do look nice :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never understood the whole coloured frame thing (IPSC not included) tbh. I mean, the bulk of the frame is covered by the shooters hand so surely they should place an emphasis on colouring the slide instead?

That said though, they do look nice :)

Given that OD is the old Black and Tan is the new Black... and that you can see the frame but not the slide when the weapon is holstered....

Now, if they were 34s instead of 17s, with, say, Warren sights, they would very definitely be "tacticool" comp guns.

its good that they are expanding the ebb range, keep them coming if only so they get these out the way and get on to some other new versions.. m16, xm177, ak47, mp5, all with lock out when empty would be sweet additions to the range, but i honestly think tms all blown out for the next year till jan shot show again.

i think tms variation line was a good idea it allowed tm to expand with minimum investment and it showed they are taking other competion seriously by trying to expand there range in a new direction.

Well, it sortof has.

The bolt head is locked in the closed position after firing the last round (as with most weapons that don't have a lock-open device), requiring manual charging for it to fire after a new magazine has been inserted.

With the MP5 (much because of its hard magazine spring) it is often recommended to lock the bolt to the rear (or actually, lock the charging handle to the rear), then insert a full magazine, and then do the HK-slap.

With a full 30rd MP5 magazine, it can be hard getting it all the way into the magwell if the bolt isn't in the rearward position.

There's just isn't enough room for the spring to compress; it's like trying to load 31 rounds.

Replicating something like this would be sweet, kindof like they did on the M4 SOCOM.

Admittedly I should have used the word 'open' in conjunction with locked. An MP5 that required cocking and was well built enough to HK slap (along with the recoil features etc) á la the SOPMOD/SOCOM would be very nice to see. But, I'd imagine TM would be much more likely to do something like a HK416 or some other general AR-15 variants first since they could just bosh the current system in to a slightly different outer shell; which to be fair wouldn't be so bad since you can't majorly customise much at all on a SOPMOD at the moment with all the proprietary bits.

i read some where the mp5 had already been planned by them i think that bad boys next years release. They just need a way of fixing a full stock on the v2 recoil system. Once they do that i can see them rolling alot out. Either way i love tm, i openly admit to wanting there babys.

Well, it sortof has.

The bolt head is locked in the closed position after firing the last round (as with most weapons that don't have a lock-open device), requiring manual charging for it to fire after a new magazine has been inserted.

With the MP5 (much because of its hard magazine spring) it is often recommended to lock the bolt to the rear (or actually, lock the charging handle to the rear), then insert a full magazine, and then do the HK-slap.

With a full 30rd MP5 magazine, it can be hard getting it all the way into the magwell if the bolt isn't in the rearward position.

There's just isn't enough room for the spring to compress; it's like trying to load 31 rounds.

Replicating something like this would be sweet, kindof like they did on the M4 SOCOM.

A bit OT here, but the MP5 (und G3, HK33 etc) requires the HK slap to properly seat the bolt fully forward due to the resistance of the roller-locks. If you "baby" the bolt forwards it might not fully return to battery and the firing pin won't drop. Same with the AK, to reliably seat the bolt fully in battery you want to pull it all the way back and let go.

On topic again, I hate to say I quite like the look of the AK102. :unsure:

Yeah, but unlike on the G3, the bolt should be in the rearward position to insert a completely full mag.

On the G3, you usually just insert the magazine, yank the charging handle back, and then let it fly forward again, chambering the round.

So not quite the typical HK slap, where you sorta "chop down" on the charging handle to release it from the locking notch in the cocking tube, although that is done at a few occasions, it's not needed when re-loading, and generally not recommended either as it takes too much time.

But you are correct in that it should never be babied forwards because of the delaying-rollers on the bolt head.

If needed (if you have to be quiet or something) it can be done on a G3A5 (like the Norwegian AG3) as this version has a thumb-notch in the bolt carrier that works like a forward assist.

(not recommended, though)

But yeah, OT.

A new G3 from Marui with this recoil-system would be sweet too, btw :)

How would they do it in the MP5 and G3 series though?

The recoil mech for the current system is in the buffer tube right? In an MP5 or G3 the rear of the gearbox behind the piston runs above the tops of solid or sliding stocks so where are they going to put anything like that in them?

Granted i'd love a G3 with that system, but I can't quite see how they'd fit it all in even with a solid stock.

I'm not sure exactly how it works with the current V2 recoil GB, is the whole recoil mech directly bolted to the rear of the pistol/spring guide etc line of parts? If it is and that's the only way they can transfer the force they might be a bit stuck what with the layout of MP5/G3/HK5x. Then again, some of these recoiling AKs have folding stocks, where does the whole gubbins go inside them?

The SOPMOD has all the recoil gubbins mounted in the buffer tube right behind the top of the gearbox, the TM AK EBBs have a different system in them which probably could be put into a G3 or MP5, if anyone can get the 'Real shock' system into those guns though it'll be TM.

So I am the first to notice (appear to notice) that Marui will probably be making a 4th style of AK magazine then?

The magazine on this Ak102 looks rather correct especially if you are comparing it to the lower AKS74N image below.

The next question after that would be - will it feature a new top (why?) or would the original 74 magazines be able to fit, thereby giving someone the 'chance' to do a mix-mash of stuff.

2ndly .. http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/ak102.htm to me is an AK102 - this is using the stock of the AKS74U.

Maybe it is a copy of some Arsenal gun?

Either way.. still nice to see Marui putting items out. :)

So I am the first to notice (appear to notice) that Marui will probably be making a 4th style of AK magazine then?

The magazine on this Ak102 looks rather correct especially if you are comparing it to the lower AKS74N image below.

The next question after that would be - will it feature a new top (why?) or would the original 74 magazines be able to fit, thereby giving someone the 'chance' to do a mix-mash of stuff.

2ndly .. http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/ak102.htm to me is an AK102 - this is using the stock of the AKS74U.

Maybe it is a copy of some Arsenal gun?

Either way.. still nice to see Marui putting items out. :)

TM announced its magazines will be for the correct NATO style. Magazines are fully interchangeable with current blowback AK74 series, and to also add the AK102 was designed to be more of a PMC style weapon, thus the RIS and Noveske style compensator are included in that package.

i love the new marui magazines epecially for the sopmod, honestly you have to use them to see how much of a step up they are to other mags.. in a heart beat i wouldnt blink at having to buy other proprietary mags.. Its just such a step up. i have confidence in the mags you cant put a price on that when you going out into the field.

i think with regards g3 and mp5, they will run the stnadard buffer tube recoil setup, but just attach the stock in a different way we saw with the sopmod and it only having 1 gearbox mounting pin that they will change the original design if they have too, too accomodate the new tech while keeping the asthetic looks the same. I had a g3 lying around here that was about 12 years old .. i think its about time it had an overhaul by tm, theres plenty of lovers of the g3 and mp5 out there.

wasnt it one of tms first few guns it did the g3 sg1 ? like 15 years ago now ?

Any word on mag compatibility with normal TM Glock 17's? I'd sure hope so. Redwolf has them on Pre-order for $158 for the FDE and $8 less for the FG which I guess isn't too bad I guess, more than the Dessie Warrior so I hope its worth it!

Excellent close-up pics of upcoming TM guns can be found here > http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_show_album/m...i2009/index.htm. Starting from the 5th row.

I can't read Japanese but it seems like the G36K won't have a recoil engine in it. They are however, releasing another variant of the recoiling M4, this time in the CQBR configuration.

Archived