Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just recieved a Khaki Flyye PACA from Japan, is it me or has anyone else found these to look more like coyote brown? the advert showed a very light almost sand coloured vest and what I recieved is almost dark brown... Is this normal RE flyye vests being slightly off colour? Even so, would a CB paca be wrong?

This is is going to be a pain to send back.

I don't have any coyote stuff yet to compare to, but I have noticed in the advert and all pictures I've seen online, the mesh on the inside is white. Mine's is brownish.

Here's the one I recieved:

IMG-20140113-00266_zps0f5bf21f.jpg

IMG-20140113-00267_zps34bedcbb.jpg

Heres the advertised one, note the white mesh :

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Flyye-SVS-Personal-Body-Armor-KH-1000D-Cordura-FY-VT-T004-KH-/00/$%28KGrHqV,!hUE3uG%28kQ-SBOKvwhnpd!~~0_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Flyye-SVS-Personal-Body-Armor-KH-1000D-Cordura-FY-VT-T004-KH-/00/$%28KGrHqV,!mEE4l7OmerzBOKvwj%29Czw~~0_3.JPG

Here is the CB version they stock :

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Flyye-SVS-Personal-Body-Armor-CB-1000D-Cordura-/00/s/NTExWDQwMA==/$%28KGrHqIOKpcE6d+LCEEyBOvOu0w!dQ~~60_3.JPG

What I've recieved seems to be darker than the advertised one, yet lighter than the CB version. I looked up the khaki one on youtube and it looks like that one, however the one in the advert is clearly not the same colour so should I try and return it? I'm just worried as my other half's binned the packaging it came in already so all I have is the invoice/receipt and the PACA still with Tags.

• 1 month later...

If you are going to use a CIRAS then I would suggest using plates and Kevlar since the CIRAS is an armor carrier and is meant to carry both. Camping mats work well as fake Kevlar, but the replica SAPI plates that are made of hollow plastic are very easy to break around the molding seams if you put any weight on them. Some people have used expanding insulating foam typical for carpenting work to fill the hollow plates in order to make them more rigid without adding much unecessary weight. I have also seen people use really dense closed cell foam cut into the shape of SAPI plates, as well as cutting boards made of various plastics cut into shape and formed to better contour the body.

Personally, I use one sheet of currogated cardboard with two layers of open cell foam camping mats behind the cardboard. Obviously, they are cut into the shape of a SAPI plate and though they are a little bit slimmer and much lighter than a real SAPI plate, they fill out my LBT-6094 quite well and does not make the rig any less comfortable.

Nice kit Aeros.

So over the last week I've gotten maybe 8 packages with CB gear, and out of it all I've got a few questions. The biggest ticket item was a MBSS the front panel is definitely good, but I wonder a bit about the back panel which has no tag w/ nsn# etc. Is that normal? Is it a giveaway that it's repro?

Second thing, now that I have a backplate I'm getting a hydro carrier. What's preferred for those now? The Eagle one with molle and buckles at the top?

I'm waiting for a few more things to show up, but I'll post some pics in  the next week or so. 

JimmyThor - I currently run a CIRAS-esque PC. It's a relatively cheap option so I can decide if I'm going to run a PC enough to spend the money on a better one... Anyway, I've made some dummy plates out of a couple of gardening kneelers! They fitted pretty well front and back - they were too long, but the pieces I trimmed off fitted in the side pockets. Even better, they were only £1.25 a piece from Wilkinsons and are made of the same EVA foam as the typical dummy SAPI plates.

post-75885-0-10057600-1393771045_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted here in ages since I lost access to my other account, and the Arnies account recovery system is....... bad.

Anyway here's a few updates:

Bought a CPC:

QlhOUxR.jpg

ChFzfkU.jpg

l76z7e0.jpg

8x6agYG.png

Kitlist:

CPC

FSBE Double M4

FSBE FB

FSBE Flashbang

FSBE MBITR

FSBE FB .45 x2

Bought an SFLCS CIRAS and never used it:

NL9CtKf.jpg

Pouches are more or less the same as CPC, with the addition of:

SFLCS shingle

SFLCS IFAK

FSBE admin

CAT

Ran my wannabe FR kit, and lent my CPC to a friend:

tlICTil.jpg

FSBE MBSS

FSBE Double M4

SFLCS horrizontal MOLLE thing

FSBE FB .45 x2

1911 MEU in Serpa on MOLLE thing on vest

FSBE hydro on back

fake PACA

Last use of the CPC before I sold it:

NLJPovb.jpg

PCU L4

FROG pants

Current rig:

14ofJou.jpg

FSBE MBSS w/ MSAP retrofit kit, purchased from a MARSOC guy

More or less same pouches as what I had on the CPC (I move pouches from carrier to carrier, if you haven't noticed)

Added an MLCS canteen

Put the Nacre QP on a MOLLE thing on my chest

Run a glock in an SFLCS double M4 because I'm too cheap to buy a $30 Safariland for it.

bEeN8OO.jpg

Another pic of the current rig I'm using w/ the gun I use as well, also have a block II upper for it, but it adds a bunch of weight, and I don't like it too much.

Oh, I also bought night vision:

WLoYZph.jpg

KMbV3ed.jpg

d5Ylp5s.jpg

(Ignore the Pro Tec, I haven't taken any pics with it mounted to my MICH yet)

Apparell for the most part a Crye G3 woodland top with normal BDU pants, boots are Merrel sawtooth.

Kit isn't a 100% super duper accurate MARSOC impression, but it looks and works good enough for me.

Questions, comments, or concerns are always welcome :D

Also, to Black ASKZ

"Why do you guys persist on putting up MARSOC photos up in here ?"

People post MARSOC kits and pictures in here because there's no dedicated MARSOC thread, and no one can be bothered to make one when this thread works just fine. :)

z7YcQWM.jpg

@nixonsbak, All that *suitcase* looks gorgeous to me. Do you have any issues with those .45FBs holding mags sideways like that? My old M9 ones were loose like the cheapest in the bordello.

@Aeros, good and muddy. Is that a Raiders-inspired team patch on your rig? I kinda dig it.

You can't call that a MarSOC impression. What period of time are you focussing on? Never seen a (*suitcasey* looking) china PTT on a marsoc operator. Lots of pouches missing. Do you have any reference pics for that canteen? Glock in pouch, wtf. VIP and/or ms2000 strobe missing. Acogs on M4s are more of an ODA thing, Marsoc gets the Leupold Shortdot and SpecterDR only. Eotech 552s are not issued. Lots of smaller things missing...

You can't call that a MarSOC impression. What period of time are you focussing on? Never seen a (*suitcasey* looking) china PTT on a marsoc operator. Lots of pouches missing. Do you have any reference pics for that canteen? Glock in pouch, wtf. VIP and/or ms2000 strobe missing. Acogs on M4s are more of an ODA thing, Marsoc gets the Leupold Shortdot and SpecterDR only. Eotech 552s are not issued. Lots of smaller things missing...

Okay, so I guess you didn't even read anything in my post:

"Kit isn't a 100% super duper accurate MARSOC impression."

It's based around a 2010-2011 kit.

The "*suitcasey* looking" PTT is a Nacre Quietpro system, which was issued to Marines..

I don't care what pouches you think I'm missing, this is my kit.

I'm not going to bother justifying using an issued canteen pouch..

I specified that I haven't gotten around to buying a safariland for my glock yet.

I have an MS2000, I don't see why you're bothered about it considering I didn't post a picture of the back of my helmet..

faMKIDn.jpg

Here's a picture so you don't have to get all buttflustered about it ever again :)

Any short dots you see in use by MARSOC are private purchase or are purchased on a unit to unit basis, but are not issued with the Block II SOPMOD program.

UlRmEnl.jpg

You should familiarize yourself with this diagram.

This also should explain the ACOG.

5dWQSPv.jpg

(ACOG in use as of last year)

Regarding the 552, I've seen MARSOC with them:

8qbhT2f.jpg

pgs2ljE.jpg

I'd also like to see your 100% accurate MARSOC kit :)

Can I just point out this a Force Recon thread, Not a MARSOC thread..

Here you go: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/179539-usmc-loadouts/?hl=usmc

Also if you're going to post a loadout on a specific thread especially saying "Questions, comments, or concerns are always welcome  :D" expect to get nit picked about things.

My one bit of advice would be to get some fake plates in your rigs and PACA to beef it up a little as it all looks very thin, and its often little things like that, that make a laoodut look that much better.

marsoc kit pics have been posted here for quite some time, despite originally being the FR thread, and quite frankly nixon got nit picked on silly things, i wouldnt put it past the guy to have been trolling him honestly, especially considering the comment on the quietpro 'chinese ptt' lol that one made me laugh

Archived