First VFC HK416 GBB to hit the Market

jond36

So, heard back from Pyramid Air... I asked if they would have the guns in stock, ready to ship out on the 30th, got this back: "The date is estimated. Items shipped from overseas can be unpredictable as they are freighted and then can spend upto 2-3 weeks in customs."

Can't say I'm surprised, but at least they're being honest :/

Umarex = CA for the 416, NOT VFC.

Thats only half the truth.

First Umarex gave a licence to CA to copy the VFC 416 design. But as predicted by a lot of people the CA 416 became a 500 Euro shelf warmer and only a fistful of CA 416s have been sold (most of the guns are still in stock at several retailers in Germany). After this flop, Umarex heard to some of the complaints of the consumers and decided to order a second batch of "licenced" 416s from VFC. Unfortunately they still insist on appling those ugly Supersize Hk-Trades.

So actually there are two "oficially licenced" HK416s from Umarex: one from CA, one from VFC.

That website have no mention of Umarex at all. Where did you hear Umarex license HK to VFC?

Umarex = HK Exclusive Worldwide Licence.

Every licenced HK-gun is licenced by Umarex.

Maybe I'm blind today but I did a text search and no where in that link does it mention VFC, Vega, or Force. I see it in the lead in text now.

Still it seems off key, most of these guys just cut and paste from the manufacturers site, the description does not seem in sync.

I was skeptical myself, as it DOESN'T mention anything about VFC on the product page at all.

HOWEVER: http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?...Koch&Type=3 (Second one from the top, read the description) ;)

Intresting. I really don't like the trademarks either. But I could manage most likely. I'll wait for a bigger description before buying one though.

Well so far we know this is the only website that has it, this is the first time anyone has mentioned that VFC took over for CA on Umarex lic due to price issues (even though the price is unchanged, also info was from a poster with a small number of postings), the website info states info for both AEG and Gas actions, VFC has no listing of this on their website and stopped making 416's about 2 years ago, and the appearance of the gun is that of a CA not VFC (especially since the model JUST debuted as looking totally different)....

I'm gonna say that it's yet another retailer either trying to make a buck off people excited over the release or that they don't know the product they sell well along with a misinformed poster that stated VFC paid for Umarex licensing.

What I wanna know is: is that REALLY the VFC 416 GBB that is pictured? Take a look here: http://airsoftguns.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20813

thats a VFC 416 pictured with the military issued stock and grip.. so I'm confused..

*Facepalms* That's obviously just a place-holder pic until they get it in stock...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived