GTA : San Andreas

Eddie182

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard a solid release date for SA on the PC?

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that it was due around the first week of June, but I can't seem to find anything now and all the local games shops are clueless as usual.

Also, those of you who bought it on PS2 all those many moons ago, how has it stood up to time. Do you still play it, or did you find it got boring after a few weeks?

whe this came out on PS2, i was all happy and couldnt wait for the XBOX/PC date.

but now, to be honest, i couldnt give a *beep*. if i see it cheap somewhere second hand or something, i might get it, but from what i have seen /played, it wasn't anything to get over excited about.

I bought a PS2 for it, and haven't bothered getting any other games since :P I haven't played it for a long time now, but then I haven't played *any* games for a good few months, so maybe I'm not the person to ask. I like the GTA series because you can just do your thing. Some nights, I just used to cruise around for hours without even bothering with the missions :)

Took me 45 minutes to cycle all the way round the map. I ought to get out more... :P

BTW Eddie, I don't know if you've played it at all on a mate's PS2 or what-not, but the map is epic. It has airports and train-stations, fer crying out loud! Need a bloody route-planner for some of the missions.

No, I've not had chance to play it on PS2 at all. I must admit I am looking forward to it now.

I've gone through at least 10 games so far this year, all of which lasted me about a week. Hopefully this one'll last a tad longer.

I've got £14 of credit at gamestation as well, so it should be nice and cheap.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard a solid release date for SA on the PC?

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that it was due around the first week of June, but I can't seem to find anything now and all the local games shops are clueless as usual.

Also, those of you who bought it on PS2 all those many moons ago, how has it stood up to time.  Do you still play it, or did you find it got boring after a few weeks?

For me San Andreas for the PS2 wasn't that good. I maybe played it for 2 weeks until Halo 2 came out and then maybe played it a couple of weeks ago. But the missions were just to plain. And I dont even want to touch the Co-Op. Just to let you know the thing i'm about to say isnt because im a Xbox fanboy. But im more excited abou the Xbox and PC versions of it. Custom Soundtracks and better graphics make that game a better one on the XB or PC. Plus I beated the Xbox version of Vice City but I didnt like the controls on the PS2 Version. But theres one thing I want for all platforms that support GTA, Online play. Does anybody agree with me about the online.

...But the missions were just to plain...

What!? The missions weren't plain at all, in fact most of them were pretty interesting and had humorous objectives (although some were a bit harsh, like the one where you had to trap the guy in the port-o-potty and then bury him in cement....I mean, that's an awful way to die, don't you think?)

I think you're being too critical...

What!? The missions weren't plain at all, in fact most of them were pretty interesting and had humorous objectives (although some were a bit harsh, like the one where you had to trap the guy in the port-o-potty and then bury him in cement....I mean, that's an awful way to die, don't you think?)

I think you're being too critical...

It is an aweful kill but for me the GTA games on the PS2 are plain for me. And the controller is to small. But im not saying that as a Xbox Fanboy, but I love the GTA Games on the Xbox.

San Andreas is to me the best game ever made!!! i just beat it yesterday and i'm starting it all over again.

I just saw some screen shots of the xbox version and i must admit that it looks much better than the PS2 version in terms of graphics. Dont really care much for the custom sound track feature cuz i mostly just listen to the talk radio station for it is the funniest stuff ever. I would get it for the PC, but my comp is way too slow for that.

BTW, True Crime: Streets of LA is also a great game but GTA is miles better. If you're into the whole driving around doing whatever you want type of thing.

There's one rap station. There's country music, a disco/funk one, talk radio, country & western, rave (remember that), classic hip-hop, reggae, alternative rock, classic rock, soul and a classic soul station (James Brown, Booker T etc).

That enough for ya? :P

My faves are the alterna rock one and the country music one. Which, being polar opposites of eachother, pretty much sums up my tastes in music :D

Does anyone have a link to decent review of the PC version if possible or failing that the PS2 version.

Preferably with screen shots and on a site that doesn't use any of the complicated web wizardry that my browser at work can't view (Basically anything thats not HTML).

Archived