P90 accessories?

Frontiers

thanks, now if you could get picture of only the piece we need, those pictures are too seamless hehe hard to see where its at. im googling now also if they would have good picture of the part in Laserex site if they have one *edit here is one but still looking for picture of the actual laser

http://www.d3lf.net/p90/images/p90_after_laserex2.jpg

looks very nice, like this is very easy to make. i try to fetch more pics and info, this is definitely doable and easy :) *edit i got the pdf also that have good pictures of the installation.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2294122_install-la...l-laser-fn.html

does this link have pictures of the installation progress? as im in China this link is blocked so i had to use proxy to access it but i could not see any pictures?

The laserex unit would be great to see!

The only thing that I can think of is I would like to see a metal receiver kit with a spare rail that matches the one on the reddot version, and pre-drilled holes on both sides of the receiver. This would allow you to not only upgrade to a metal receiver, but also to a dual rail setup without the headache of hunting for a spare rail. Despite TM, CA and even a Chinese company or two producing the reddot P90, for some reason the rail is still a pain to find separately, so it'd at least be nice to see a spare offered in a kit.

The laserex unit would be great to see!

The only thing that I can think of is I would like to see a metal receiver kit with a spare rail that matches the one on the reddot version, and pre-drilled holes on both sides of the receiver. This would allow you to not only upgrade to a metal receiver, but also to a dual rail setup without the headache of hunting for a spare rail. Despite TM, CA and even a Chinese company or two producing the reddot P90, for some reason the rail is still a pain to find separately, so it'd at least be nice to see a spare offered in a kit.

if you could provide pictures of those setups you meant, full gun picture no problem.

It's basically the same setup that's on the right side of the reddot P90 (seen here), and replicating it on the left for a dual rail setup. So, the end result would be a metal receiver that allows you to do a setup as shown below without any modifications needed from the buyer.

P90-DualRailexmp.jpg

Hope that helps. :)

I too would like a cheaper version of a Laserex kit, even if it isn't exactly the same as the real one. $259 before shipping for an uninstalled module is a bit much, but a potential problem I see with having cheaper kits available is that it would require user installation, and for a lot of people (if the kit was cheap enough), I don't think they would put it in well or screw up their gun trying to put it in. Maybe I underestimate people though. Maybe not as feasible, but if they could be preassembled into a lower receiver and have that for sale as a whole, it would make it potentially easier to just swap your gearbox into the new body.

Some other possible accessories I'd be interested in seeing might be scope mounts or sort of P90-specific scopes with built in mount for the red dot upper, kind of like the pictures from http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry2184982. You could change out the red dot for a different optic that is larget without having to add a top rail, then add the optics, since with specific mounts, they would potentially be closer to the barrel. Only people with the red dot upper receiver would be able to use them, and the following suggestion might negate the need for these scope mounts. If it's possible to make http://dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=2618 or http://dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=5874 for cheaper too, that would be nice. As it is now, if you wanted one, you're limited to very few options, if they are even in stock anymore.

Other parts I'd like to see would be upper receivers for both TR and RD (I don't particularly care if they are plastic or metal, since I haven't seen the KS upper receivers sold separately, and G&P ones are kind of expensive) with proper trademarks, as well as the parts that go in them, like the piece that has the spring loaded mechanism that locks the upper receiver in place, and all those other pieces that you'd need to transfer from one receiver to the next to make it usable. I'd like to make a somewhat modular P90, but if I only have say one or two sets of those pieces, I can't just swap receivers without having to transfer a bunch of pieces.

Maybe I'm imagining it, since I can't seem to find a picture, but on the real P90, does the selector switch have 5 positions (A1S1A) instead of 3 (S1A)? If that were the case, would it be possible to create a new trigger piece that gives that functionality. I don't know how much work it is to take apart a P90 to replace the entire trigger and selector switch, but it would be an interesting part to make a more unique P90.

Edit: I forgot one idea I had. I don't know what sort of capabilities the manufacturer has, but would it be possible to design a V6 gearbox that had a quick change spring system?

I'd like to see the USG optic (non-magnifying black reticle optical sight) can't find any decent photo's though, it seems on this my google fu is a bit weak.

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=334 has some decent pictures of the actual sights. I don't know how easy it would be to replicate some of the features the real sights have, but for something like the black sight (or white one), I think it has a light collector (or tritium in the white one) that allows the T to be illuminated. IT would be interesting to be able to get something like that cheaper than the real ones. The last time I looked, the black ones were somewhere around $600-700, which would be a crazy amount to spend on an accessory for an airsoft gun.

I too would like a cheaper version of a Laserex kit, even if it isn't exactly the same as the real one. $259 before shipping for an uninstalled module is a bit much, but a potential problem I see with having cheaper kits available is that it would require user installation, and for a lot of people (if the kit was cheap enough), I don't think they would put it in well or screw up their gun trying to put it in. Maybe I underestimate people though. Maybe not as feasible, but if they could be preassembled into a lower receiver and have that for sale as a whole, it would make it potentially easier to just swap your gearbox into the new body.
i check on this, how would be easiest way, that laser is definitely on the list to try to do.

Some other possible accessories I'd be interested in seeing might be scope mounts or sort of P90-specific scopes with built in mount for the red dot upper, kind of like the pictures from http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry2184982. You could change out the red dot for a different optic that is larget without having to add a top rail, then add the optics, since with specific mounts, they would potentially be closer to the barrel. Only people with the red dot upper receiver would be able to use them, and the following suggestion might negate the need for these scope mounts. If it's possible to make http://dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=2618 or http://dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=5874 for cheaper too, that would be nice. As it is now, if you wanted one, you're limited to very few options, if they are even in stock anymore.
similar was suggested already but i check this also

Other parts I'd like to see would be upper receivers for both TR and RD (I don't particularly care if they are plastic or metal, since I haven't seen the KS upper receivers sold separately, and G&P ones are kind of expensive) with proper trademarks, as well as the parts that go in them, like the piece that has the spring loaded mechanism that locks the upper receiver in place, and all those other pieces that you'd need to transfer from one receiver to the next to make it usable. I'd like to make a somewhat modular P90, but if I only have say one or two sets of those pieces, I can't just swap receivers without having to transfer a bunch of pieces.
i look into this.

Maybe I'm imagining it, since I can't seem to find a picture, but on the real P90, does the selector switch have 5 positions (A1S1A) instead of 3 (S1A)? If that were the case, would it be possible to create a new trigger piece that gives that functionality. I don't know how much work it is to take apart a P90 to replace the entire trigger and selector switch, but it would be an interesting part to make a more unique P90.

i think this would not have that much commercial interest, so i doubt it would be made.

Edit: I forgot one idea I had. I don't know what sort of capabilities the manufacturer has, but would it be possible to design a V6 gearbox that had a quick change spring system?

anything is possible, they have created many gearboxes themself. i can ask about this.

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=334 has some decent pictures of the actual sights. I don't know how easy it would be to replicate some of the features the real sights have, but for something like the black sight (or white one), I think it has a light collector (or tritium in the white one) that allows the T to be illuminated. IT would be interesting to be able to get something like that cheaper than the real ones. The last time I looked, the black ones were somewhere around $600-700, which would be a crazy amount to spend on an accessory for an airsoft gun.

if you could get better pictures or exact picture of the part you need? i couldnt see pictures from here, maybe because im in China (sometimes some sites no open properly)

Not too sure how well the laserex kit would work out TBH.

Sure, it's a good idea but it's quite a job to make it all fit into the P90 and work - bearing in mind that the P90 stock is glued together and it's a helluva job to split it.

I recall that there was a guide to fitting a laserex laser on one of the older airsoft websites (dentrinity/endoshoji ?) and it DID require the guns stock to be split in half so they could fit the operating switch as well as a battery compartment.

The actual laser unit itself is the least of your worries.

The hard part is positioning the switch and finding a power supply for it all.

If it was me I'd try to make it so the wires run to the back of the gun and have the laser powered from the guns battery.

I'd also be looking for a snap-in button switch (a bit like THIS but smaller) to activate the laser.

Fact is, you're never going to be able to produce an "idiot-proof" laserex kit because it's always going to require the buyer to do quite a bit of custom fitting.

I just had a few more ideas of possible accessories. Sorry for any rambling, but I've been brainstorming various projects I might do to my most recent P90 acquisition.

First, to go along with the potential idea of having pre-installed Laserex clones in standalone aftermarket bodies, I think it would be interesting to see P90 bodies in different colors, like tan or OD. I can't see a basic P90 body being too expensive to produce after the initial costs of making a mold, assuming there wasn't one already, since I can buy an Echo 1 replacement P90 body for $45 or the price of an entire new P90 can be below $100. Maybe it's not as simple as just changing the color of the plastic, but if it is, it would be a simple accessory/aftermarket part. Adding a pre-made laserex system in the body could potentially create too many different products to keep in stock (3 colors, with/without Laserex, complete gun with TR/RD or just the spare body, etc).

Second, instead of a Laserex module, why not create something simpler to just add to the gun, like a P90-specific laser module. While there wouldn't be a real steel counterpart, couldn't a simple and cheap laser system be created such that it attaches to that area that the RIS thing mounts to (those two rectangular holes on the sides of the receiver at the front)? You could have a laser that is 2.5cm from the bore, which would be closer than the ~4.5cm that a laserex module would be, and it would also be lined up with the center of the rifle (compared to a rail mounted one) as well as adjustable. Basically, I was thinking something like below, but made to look better (freehand mouse drawing in paint takes too long...). If designed right, the power source could be CR2032s vertically placed inside those mounting pieces, which would reduce how much the unit would stick out of the front. And, since the P90 is made to be ambidextrous, the pressure switch piece should be able to go on either side. While not as integrated as the laserex, it would require no extra work done to existing P90 models, and would maintain the compact size of the gun. I have a similar idea that would put the laser below the barrel, but it might require a more permanent attachment. In either case, using it in conjunction with a silencer may be an issue depending on how big the actual unit ends up being and how far it juts out.

th_P90Laseridea2.jpg

Third, I don't know the commercial viability, but a pre-made hop up tracer unit would be nice. I doubt there would be enough of a market for them, since usually hop up tracer units are custom jobs, but seeing as there is a fair amount of extra space to the sides of the hop up chamber when the gun is assembled, you could fairly easily put two CR2032s on either side or underneath. I'm in the process of looking at how to make my own and where to put the power source so that it is convenient and would essentially be a drop in replacement for the current system without having to make any major modifications. The only problem with CR2032s or the like is that in some places, retail prices are expensive, the batteries themselves don't have the greatest capacity so run time would be an issue, and there isn't much space to just stick a CR123 with wiring in the gun without significant modification.

Also, somewhat related to a hop up tracer unit, just having standalone spare hop up chambers would be nice. I don't know if there is anything that prevents them from being commonly available already, and it might just be a retailer's choice. The Echo 1 spare ones are fairly cheap at about $17-20 and are readily available, or the Classic army metal ones at DEN Trinity for $20 are the only two spare hop up chambers that I've seen around. So, basically, it's similar to what I had mentioned earlier of just having some spare parts available in case you need them.

Archived