Bankz STANAG AUG Build

bankz5152

Hey,

Got an AUG not too long ago in a trade, came with 2 hicaps but i hate hicap mags so i thought id convert it to accept STANAG mags.

I followed Treadheads guide most of the way (very helpful btw) however i used a different magazine catch.

I cut up a G36 - M4 mag adaptor, just for the catch. cut a whole in the side of the Aug body and installed it.

Then padded up the sides with some plastic sheet, although the mags are still a little wobley and needs some more bulking out so the dont wobble.

Also completley rewired the inside and modded it to full auto only using a micro switch, simple short trigger pull depressing the micro switch. Also been deans'd.

Although i did work out a way to make it work semi & auto although only worked it out after id installed the micro switch! When installing the micro switch i ran into a problem, i couldnt remove the gearbox without splitting th body, so i added another set of deans connectors inside so most of the wiring says inside the body.

Basically inside theres trigger rods similar to that of a P90 but its shaped to that of an AUG mag so it wouldnt work with an M4 mag inside, although its would be easy to mod.

Have to make a new peice the shape of an M4 mag easy peasy.

No production pics as i forgot :rolleyes: but got the final pics.

Its far from finished, just had a quick krylon OD to see what it looks like and i like it OD!

Theres alot of body work to be done to make it look nice again and bits need painting black (screws etc) fo a bit of variety.

Pics -

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

Pictured with my EGLM & custom built trigger!

Once all the body work is done and its all smoothed out ill put up some better pics!

Josh

lol it would, i have to say that eglm does look very fetching on you aug, im still thinking of mone for my g36, i do have to say though the mag release youve made looks so good and in keeping witht he curvature of the aug.

would it be possible for you to move the eglm back further so that the trigger is inside the handguard thing that protects your knuckles while you hold the pistolgrip? (sorry the word eludes me at the moment, today has been one long hard brainfart!)

I was considering that, it could be done and look v cool although I use the EGLM on other guns as well so the Aug would look 'off' without it attached.

However it's still a possabillity.

Cheers man, i'm having a new feed nozzle made as the one I installed broke and won't feed!!

It could do with semi and auto though - does anyone know how the semi & auto works on the TSI TAR although it's *suitcase* it has an electric switching system. Could help with this.

I can mount the EGLM further back but the way its designed to mount is FUBAR you have to line it up with 6 different 'bumps' other wise it will not fit, the main reason why the VFC EGLM will not fit most guns properly, although i modded mine so it does.

You can actually fire the EGLM without the large trigger mech, theres a push button similar to that of a Madbull launcher, but i like the trigger.

Obvs short mags would look way sexy but unforunatley i have none... So these will have to do for the time being.

One thing ive noticed is the mags are a little wobbly i must fix this asap.

Im going to do some more body work today so ill put more pics up then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there!

A question for bankz5152 : how does this modding works to drive the BBs from the M4-G36 magwell to the hopup?

I have a JG AU3G and I´m trying to get working with M4 mags too.

Thx in advance!

should hav documented it better! Basically you have to extend the AUG feed tube to accept the M4 mags - then split the body and make the magwell much tighter to fit the M4 mags and install a mag catch, easiest way is to use a battleaxe g36 - m4 mag converter but only for the release mechanisim.

Only bad point about this conversion is you loose semi auto and must replace the entire trigger mech with a micro switch (great for an AUG H-Bar) the only way around it is to make a new set of 'trigger arms' to fit an M4 mag or use an electric selector - I toyed with the idea bt AUGs are so tight and crisp there's literally no room for an electric selector unless you use an exernal battery box.

It's a good mod, easy-ish but can cause problems (semi auto) see Treadheads thread for more details than mine.

I'm currently trying to get semi auto buy no joy. Also run into some gearbox issues (unrelated to mod). Other thing is it looks cool! Stanag AUGs look very cool! And unique, except it's a ottos difficult to insert mags, they don't stick somtimes which can be highly annoying but if you get used to it then it's fine.

My modding project is at this moment at this point :

PICT4260.JPG

A bit...ugly if you want (need painting, of course) ...maybe displaced, but reverseable.

I mean : two minutes plus a screwdriver and the machine accepts AUG standard mags again.

I have more pics of the process. Easy DIY .

Buuuut, I´m in the last step : driving the BBs from the magwell tho the hopup. Any idea anybody?...

• 3 months later...

@jotaerre: Can you "plunge" the 2 black screws? Would look better. Or use a reamer and countersunk bolts. Very nice job! Thinking of also doing this because its reversible. Can you make some more pictures of your mod? Would like to see how you fixed & modded the G36 adapter and how things work inside. Thx in advance!

@bankz5152: You can remove the gearbox without splitting the body. Just remove the plate behind the gearbox (2 screws) and loosen the screws of the body. Than slightly slam the body on a book (or something that is not too hard) and the gearbox comes out.

For Semi & Auto working, you have to change the left part (fixed with 2 screws) of the "triggerfork" so that m4 mags fit.

00resize.jpg

@jotaerre: Can you "plunge" the 2 black screws? Would look better. Or use a reamer and countersunk bolts. Very nice job! Thinking of also doing this because its reversible. Can you make some more pictures of your mod? Would like to see how you fixed & modded the G36 adapter and how things work inside. Thx in advance!

Well...I think I could...perhaps for the 3.0 update...;)

It all started with a M4 mags adapter for G36 :

PICT4221.JPG

The magwell needed to be carved a bit :

PICT4229.JPG

And...

PICT4663.JPG

Internally, a plastic piece from a hopup was added and the BBs run trough a rubber pipe (more pics...soon)

• 1 month later...

Archived