How to make my AEG more BANG than PEW?

AG1212

Well Im stuck at 1j over here so surely a high torque motor wouldnt be a good idea? Im more looking to get rid of that screech than drown it out, could it be the motor that makes that noise or is it the gears?

Sell it and buy a GBB?

But really, no AEG is going to get rid of the sewing machine noise.

I do recommend the Noveske-style flash hider though. I've sold all my AEG's now, but I did have a lovely little AKS74UN with a Noveske, and it changed the sound; albeit in a subtle manner.

I wouldn't say amplified the sound, just changed it.

Ben.

Step 1: Buy a non ported cylinder

Step 2: Assuming you have a shorter than 509mm barrel (a barrel that requires a ported cylinder in other words) do a volume check, 2 barrel volumes of water per cylinder.

Step 3: If the water level is way low, pick a point about half way to 3/4 away from the water and drill a hole in the cylinder.

What does it do? Lots of air, but not enough to actually cause accuracy issues, and a pretty defined muzzle crack. I did this with my G&G UMG's cylinder. Swapped it for a M4 cylinder. Creates the most horendous muzzle crack known to mankind, but is whisper quiet with the foam filled supressor :) I also adjusted the AoE by using a spare Cylinder Head rubber pad glued onto the original which took up some volume in the cylinder but corrected the AoE.

Well it has a non ported cylinder, its a G&G so the internals should be solid :/

How do you adjust a motor, IE whats the correct position? just to eliminate minor issues.

Im using a 9.6v, the sound isnt too bad I guess but could be better.

on motor adjustment its all down to the ears as every gun/body/gearbox/grip combo may be slightly different.

IF the sound is screechy then its too tight, (being pushed into the bevel gear too hard)

IF the sound is grinding then its too loose. (not contacting the bevel gear correctly)

(remember lefty loosy, righty tighty)

on motor adjustment its all down to the ears as every gun/body/gearbox/grip combo may be slightly different.

IF the sound is screechy then its too tight, (being pushed into the bevel gear too hard)

IF the sound is grinding then its too loose. (not contacting the bevel gear correctly)

(remember lefty loosy, righty tighty)

Motor height can, and should be done visually long before any adjustment done by "sound" The BEST way to measure motor height is with an Amp meter or some other form of current measuring device that is inline with one of the wires of the gun. Lower amperage is always better for the motor, regardless of sound quality. If it still sounds like ###### and it's at the lowest amp setting, you either have the bevel gear shimming too high (bevel gear is too far away from pinion gear) or too low (pinion gear is rammed into the bevel gear). Neither are ideal. Some motors (CA High Torque, and ICS Turbo3k) generally are whiney to begin with while others (EG700/EG1000) are quiet. Varrying harndess of pinion gears also tweaks the noise that the motor height contributes to the overall sound of a gun.

A Good Guide, written by none other than my alter ego :P

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=2604.0

With pictures!

Archived