Sniper loadouts

Whitehawk

primary realsword SVD

secondary KSC m93rII heavyweight

Uniform- Flora bdu, gorka E summer suit, or 1987 dated Afghankas Bdu uniform

Canteen, flora Cap or Tan Panama Hat, Radio, Dump pouch to hold spent and fresh magazines

Either holster for m93r, or if I decide to wear my rifleman chestrig I put it in the far right pouch and put water/radio in the mag pouches

A very light loadout,

it uses proprietary gears and pistons, but that doesnt matter much when you can upgrade the important thigns like spring, barrel and hop rubber. The gears show no sign of wear after almost a year of owning it. Read a review on it, I am to lazy to right one on it though. Overall great gun, I dont snipe way to much so it wasnt the smartest choice of gun, but as I am starting to like being designated marksman more its getting better for me as time goes by

Currently using: (still needs a lil tweaking here and there)

Digital Woodland Combat Shirt from HELIKON-TEX

Digital Woodland Trousers from HELIKON-TEX

UK Sniper Systems Recon Ghillie

Tokyo Marui VSR-10

KWA Glock 19

AITES Molle belt with:

Flyye double pistol mag pouch

Blackhawk general purpose pouch

Blackhawk radio pouch for Kenwood TK 3101 with Cavalvy Bowman and PTT

Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster

Gemtech lanyard

If you read this article here, it will show that heavier weight BB's, even though they travel slower, they gain greater range and accuracy. They also hold their power better. Read it up, it's a great documentation. http://mackila.com/airsoft/ATP/

Thanks for that, I was using the FPS calculator to get my theory. This looks like its thought out properly. I'll be ditching the 2's, be using my 36's and the replace them with 3's as according to the data provided, they are the optimal weight!

Good stuff so that is!

I feel that document should be read by every person that is or wants to be an airsoft sniper, it's pretty essential to getting the maximum performance out of your gun and understanding how your shots can work. It really puts to rest all the weight and velocity myths. That info being known, really shows how hurtful gas operated sniper rifles can be. Considering they always push the BB regardless of its weight at maximum power.

• 6 months later...

Lol no pics yet but....

Maruzen APS2 w/more upgrades than i can list(second hand), multiple springs and .4's

One mag

Camelbak

Eye pro

Boonie hat

Multicam(soon to be Flecktarn)

Havent had enough prep time before games to bust out the ghillie lately, but i haven't been shot while playing the 'true' sniping role(I DM depending on the game)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is what I currently own in the ways of a sniper kit.

Rifle: Tanaka Works M24 SWS

Upgrades: Laylax 6.03 Barrel, 2Roy Hop up system, Falcon Double point hop up rubber, King Arms parts (Hop up Chamber, Rubber set, Plunger set, cocking piece), and gas route spring. Its been painted nicely by the original owner.

Secondary: KWA Mp7 and 2 additional magazines.

Gear: (Now keep in mind that I worked (and still sometimes work) for Vel-Tye LLC (a gear company), so some of the things on my vest were simply made by me or my bosses for fun on off time.

Vest: Some random Load Bearing vest I found in the back of the shop. Cut and made by a previous customer. Molled in are a hydration bag, suppressor pouch, custom pouch for mp7 magazines (since I could not afford them at the time), Vel-Tye dip pouch (for bbs), large compartment pouch, propane pouch, and lastly, a custom mat molled into the back of the vest.

We made this mat as an experiment to see how useful it would be for stationary (especially urban) positions for a shooter or sniper. It rolls up nicely on the back of the vest and if I am doing something that may call for it to be removed to make less of a profile when moving, it can be snapped off or put on another vest (via molle). I treat the vest I wear as a more comfy backpack, and when I remove it, that is when I deploy the mat. When it is deployed, I have full access to my secondary (modified bag straps hold it to the back of the vest) for emergency contact break, water, ammo, binos, and the like. The mat can be rolled up and secured in seconds and my vest slipped and snapped back on. I've used it quite a bit with great success for hard or uneven surfaces.

Just a whacky idea that seems to work for me. Took the idea from a SEAL team sniper that came into the shop and wanted a similar design but never had it built. Ill post pics soon enough!

• 3 weeks later...

well as being a gd section to read a little bit dissapointed that i havent seen a pics of what you guys have... 2 at the most on here i think thats a bit sad, as someone thats getting bk into it it would of been nice to see some loadouts to give me some ideas to use, lets hope we do see some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

My advice is to wear and carry as little as possible.

I use a hunters belt, with 2 shell pouches and a poachers pouch. My pistol is on the belt in a fobus holster. I also use a 3ltr camelback.

The more you wear/carry; the more encumbered you are. Fatigue comes into play. You are also physicaly larger, which makes a difference when stalking through under growth or crawling.

be minimal, to have maximum effect.

If you are on a 2 day game, have a seperate webbing set with your camp equipment and supplies. Dump it in a hidden stash in the day and only recover it when you need it (after dark).

Good Hunting ;)

I disagree with that for the most part. I feel airsoft has too short of a maximum engagement distance for sniping to make use of true stealth manuevers. Most of them are limited to 300ft effective range, many, less. I don't bother with ghillie's or light load outs, I carry everything I need on me. I also feel ghillie's are useless since many terranes vary from step to step at times. That and no one really wants to both with changing it around constantly or each time they play. Besides, if you are a sniper you wouldn't need to be up with the rest of people, most of the time you can sit back and pick off with out much danger. You wouldn't have to worry about being the most mobile.

Anyway, my newest addition is a Classic Army M24, loving the gun sofar and have a nice list of upgrades I'm gonna sink into it.

Drake, you obviously play a different game from me. Perhaps your games are very fast paced with little chance to use foliage as concealment? No offence, but if you feel that true stealth is out of the question, you would end up tagged, time after time (in my environment). You see, people who are not stealthly here, are simply targets 9 out of 10 times. Once you are detected, you become the prey, not the hunter.

Even when players stick together, here, they have different firearcs and lines of sight, due to restricted angles in UK woodland. Being in a team doesn't guarantee security. Indeed, I have taken out full teams before in close proximity of each other, without even being shot at. I never shot 2 of them from the same position either. I moved around inside their small perimeter and was undetected. I just made sure I took out the team leader with the first shot. Was funny as the rest of the team reacted by presume I was on the other side of the adjacent field, but I was actually only 10 yards away :)

In the UK woodland, there are so many opertunities to sneak up on people. My own experience in such places, is that if you go undetected (by not being seen or heard) you get oppertunities to take targets, with minimal cover and at easy distances. This gives you the best chance of a result. It doesn't matter who they are, or what they are using, if your first shot hits the mark.

That is how I used to get the majority of my tags, when I played against regular teams of AEG's. They would simply be unaware of my presence. The majority of my tags were hard earnt by actually stalking the prey, sometimes, silently sneaking upto point blank range.

New players would come along and have more kit than I had; it really confused them. Yet the logic of only carrying would you really need; paid off time and time again.

I played one 2 day game, that resulted in me getting 18 hits with one against. The entire opposition, only scored 17 with 33 against them. I used a 310fps APS2 MK2 SPORTER, with no sidearm, while the opponents all had AEG's.

Your idea of Airsoft sniping, sounds like sitting behind your front line of AEG players and taking pot shots at fleeting/firefighting targets from the front angle. This is not a very good way to play with a bolt action, due to the variations of accuracy at range and time involved before the pellet arrives. I guess that is why so many people buy a bolt action and soon return to an AEG.

One team admitted to me once, that they felt our team, of sneaks, won time after time due to having great mobility. They said they had tried to counter mobility, with plain firepower, as they simply could not move, like we did. They said it had failed and that mobility beats firepower. They were right.

Good Hunting ;)

I second the above post. Had a game on the weekend, playing in a mix of dense-ish bush/scrub and open grassy plain. I was playing with a TM VSR Gspec (with god knows what upgrades, i bought it off someone else) and a TM Glock 17. Majority of my kills were with my pistol from within 10-20 meters. One was a knife kill. I was running only a belt with my pistol on it, 2 spare pistol mags in my left breast pocket of my NZDPM Fatigues, 2 spare rifle mags in my right. Grassed up boonie and some grass tucked into the straps on my pack. At one point I was lying in the open plain with 4 of them no more than maybe 15 meters from me. Got one, put shots into two other (must have just missed them) before I was taken by the third. One of the best games I have ever played.

Later that day me and my friend won our "rugby" game (push a central objective over the enemies "try line"). 39 vs 39. Me and my mate won it by dropping everything bar pistols and sneaking our way around the side of the field. We got the ball over the try line without firing a single shot.

As a result of this and other previous games, I am a massive advocate of stealth and stealth done properly.

The wooded areas here in our area are likewise suitable for stealth and concealment. I, like many, used to believe that scouting/sniping had no real place in airsoft realistically. I see it now as everything simply scaled down in range. Most AEGs wont normally reach the ranges a decent upgraded bolt action would putting the sniper out of the opposing forces' range. It just seems like a scaled down (and of course ranges slightly less proportionate to the real thing) version of effective ranges.

Archived