AABB Hera Arms Conversion Kit for Glock

Priced at $60 from Airsoft Global, I just had to get one of these puppies.

I have a KSC/KWA Glock 17 GBB with a metal slide as well as a TM Glock 18C GBB. I opted to go with the conversion kit specifically made for the Marui version. There is a KSC/KWA version of the kit available as well. From what I was told, the Marui version has a wider cut out for the slide (so the KSC/KWA version will not work).

Installation was a breeze as it only required removing a front screw (which clamps down on the rail frame of the pistol) and replacing the trigger pin with the one supplied. The pistol then needs to be inserted in the kit and holes for the trigger pin matched up to the correct slots and then locked in place with a couple of hex cap screws.

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

Do note that KSC/KWA Glocks will produce a louder noise which really adds to the intimidation factor (How loud is it? Its louder than a WE SCAR GBBR or any other GBB pistol in the market). This is due to the system used by the pistol. The Marui Glock DOES NOT make as loud a noise...however, as with Marui GBB's...you get excellent range as well as accuracy over longer distances (something that KSC/KWA Glocks can not match).

----------------

For those wondering what the packaging looks like...its just a cardboard box. No foam, no inserts. Just a box for the kit and a slot made with a cardboard divider for the 2 side rails (and screws) and charging handle...all of which were in small zip-loc bags.

----------------

The kit is not a straight drop in for the TM G18C as the selector rubs slightly on the inner part of the body kit. I needed to Dremel some material down to make some room for the slide assembly to move freely. With a TM G17, the modifications I did need not be done.

Also, the screw that clamps down onto the front of the rail frame will end up making marks on the slot of the rail frame as you screw it in place. Just make some adjustments as you see fit. Personally, its not a big deal to me as you don't really notice it so I just removed some material on my lower frame for easier assembly/ dis-assembly.

BTW, the trademarks were covered with electrical tape. No orange tip was painted onto the kit.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm ordering one of the kits that is set up for the TM but I'm going to see if it will work with one of my HFC G17's as I just put a new PGC slide on my TM G17 and It looks so good that I dont want to "hide" it inside the Hera Arms Kit (lol).

It would be interesting to compare one of these kits all set up to one of the new GBB rifles that are out there and see how much of a major difference there might be.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to double post but I can't edit my original one. I have another question, in order to switch between shooting styles on the G18C, do you have to take it apart to flip the switch, or is there an opening that allows it? I know the trademarks say "Not for 18C slide or barrel", so I am guessing that you have to take it apart?

I am probably going to be picking one of these up, so I would just like to know so I'm not surprised by it! Thanks.

I have another question, in order to switch between shooting styles on the G18C, do you have to take it apart to flip the switch, or is there an opening that allows it? I know the trademarks say "Not for 18C slide or barrel", so I am guessing that you have to take it apart?

You have to remove the gun from the kit in order to access the selector. If you notice the side where the logo is on it is slightly elevated to accommodate the selector switch when installed. Real HERA's don't have this relief but AABB went with the design change because most airsofters have G18C's than any other model Glock. On the real HERA, it says "not for C model slide or barrel" because the thing wasn't designed to take the blast internally from a ported barrel and would likely explode if you did, AABB just copied the markings.

I knew that the trade marks were just for the real one, since the airsoft one is advertised for use with either the G17 or 18C.

I was only wondering if there was a way to access the selector switch since he said that there needed to be a little shaving done to get the 18C slide to run smoothly.

Well I finally got my Hera kit for my TM G17, pleased with it overall , but a word of warning!

On my kit when I tightened up the front side rails, the rear screws were a fraction too long and when I fitted the pistol they scratched the slide (Guarder Alu slide)

A simple washer on each of the rail screws sorted the problem , but I still have a pair of scratches about an inch long down each side of the slide's paint! GGGrrrrrr!

Jim

There's a slight gap at the base of the selector, between the HERA kit and the slide, and you can use any sort of object with a hook on it to manipulate the selector. I found that an allen wrench works perfectly. Not ideal, but it does allow you to change fire modes.

However, I'm still thinking about some way of mounting a selector mechanism to the HERA kit. I've got a few ideas, but nothing concrete yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How can you tell what version of AABB HERA kit you receive (TM or KSC)? I have a TM G18c and ordered the corresponding HERA kit. However, the bottom part of the kit towards the trigger guard splits the frame halves about 2-3mm with the GBB inserted. Is this normal? Has anyone tried using a TM G18c with KSC kit?

That being said, I noticed that the interior of the kit rubs against the selector. Also, the 4 screws that hold the 2 trigger pin plates to the kit are about 1mm too long and will scratch up your G18c frame (good excuse to get a Guarder frame). I'll be taking a dremel to all these areas.

Also, I'm not much for fabricating my own parts but a cheap and simple longer shroud would be great. Anyone machinists out there willing to make something like that?