Kar98k, good for WWII sniper kit?

Pryok poroh

Hey!

You all know the dboys Kar98k, the true reenacting gun. Spring version seems to be more like a wallhanger, but this gas version from the gun woke up my interest. Is the gas version really that accurate like other people say. Person, who has this gun tell me, Have you done any accuracy tests on distances like 50 metres or more? If u have, please tell me the results.

- Thank you

- Pryok poroh

all versions of the Dboys use shell ejection. Holding the BB in the shell means that there is a lip, or gap, between the shell and the hop chamber. This gap makes the BB unstable as it moves past; Ergo shell ejection guns are inacurate.

Tanaka G98 is much better, but its still a gas rifle and you'll have to suffer some of the incosistancy of the gas, but the hop unit is a far superior design.

More importantly the tanaka is rare, finding one might take some doing.

Dboys K98's weak spots are best tabulated thus:

1. The shell sealing and fit into the breech is very hit-and-miss: resulting indifferent sealing...and made worse with use and wear

2. The HOP is non-linear and horribly hard to set, due to the other inconsistencies.

3. The barrel is 2 piece...with the front section loose in the outer barrel...so another lip for the BB to travel over and rattle around in as it makes it way into the world.

4. The seals are all over the bloody shop...too fat, too thin, none just right.

This is all forward of the bolt- gas or spring, it makes no odds...

Frankly: the one I owned was fun to fiddle with and looked the part...but the only way to hit a barn at 30 paces was to be stood INSIDE the thing.

We are talking literally unable to pick where the BB would go in a 10 METRE circle at 50 feet- crash into the ground, scream into the sky, rattle off a tree or maybe- just maybe- hit the thing you were pointing at....

Oh, and I forgot to mention the 'sleepwalking' extractor and ejector which mean that well-worn shells don't get picked out of the breech, resulting in needing to push the stuck shell out with a cleaning rod.....Just what you want in the middle of a skirmish.

And the fact unless you VERY carefully seat the shells to the rear of the magazine then you get the mother of all feed stoppages, due to having about an inch of space in front of the rounds...

So apart from the horrifying unreliability, a new low of inconsistency and inaccuracy- it's a perfect sniper rifle ;)

Archived