Schmeisser MP-41 submachine gun

BFOUR

lol, probably a reenactor. Oh well...

The wood work is whats going to take the longest. Any of the tools I need are at my girlfriends house, shes at college a few hours away so I wont be getting up to her place for a few weeks.

So I guess in the mean time Ill break open the gearbox and do some work in there. And get a mosfet setup. Hey doc any list(s) anywhere of everything I need?

And your still playing airsoft? Is their a geriatric team somewhere? Just kidding. I appreciate the input but you came off a little strong saying youve been studying this weapon for years. Ive researched it a few times and can come up with a solid idea of the gun and how to make a replica from an MP40.

And your still playing airsoft? Is their a geriatric team somewhere? Just kidding. I appreciate the input but you came off a little strong saying youve been studying this weapon for years. Ive researched it a few times and can come up with a solid idea of the gun and how to make a replica from an MP40.

agreed. He literally just sounded like he wanted to get some e-props for his skillz. If you were asking about the ak74 for example I would just help you, and not talk down to you and brag about my knowledge...

• 2 weeks later...

IM going to do a laminate stock to make things easier. Itll be my first time so not sure how well it will turn out. I hope to get you guys some pics within the next 2 weeks. Getting hectic around the household with the holidays, I haven't had much free time.

Up for the thread starter heres my AGM modified MP-41, hope this keep you guided

- Butt stock is a repro of the real deal MP-41 stock that came from a guy in Poland and it was listed on eBay, lots of trimming to be done in order to fit the MP-40 gearbox

- Barrel nut should be conical and not hexagonal no time for machining it (got only 2 night and 1 day do finish it)

- Bayonet thingy underneath the barrel was removed and decided to keep the quick release knob under the fore grip, selector switch and on/off switch disregarded

- Epoxy steel putty used to extend the trigger guard... cured and shaped and then PVC sheet for butt plate

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1479-1.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Schultz, have some respect for your elders and betters ;) I was chatting to German relatives about the weaponry they used during the War when you were still having your nappy changed by your mum. I take my research seriously. Always have done...

Not if AI's anything to go by...

:o I said it, but we were all thinking it :rofl:

All joking aside, just going to flame, or actually post some kind of helpful, friendly contribution? :rolleyes:

I think this project is coming along spiffingly! Can't wait to see when it's finished. BFOUR, you decided what you're going to do for the barrel yet?

Ben.

Archived