Battlestar Galactica?!?

rhino

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but the new Battlestar Galactica is actually rather good. Starbuck and Boomer are now women, Apollo is played by an English chap and the Cylons are humanoid.

The new show designers obviously aren't afraid to try something new and that's definitely put some people off watching the show because it has changed from the original. I suppose some people are just afraid of change. :huh:

If you're unsure, watch the new show with an open mind and treat it as it is - a totally new show based on an older sucessful idea.

I like it and I'll be tuning in as soon as the new series starts (the mini-series starts tonight on Sky One by the way).

Go Galactica - Yey! :D

its okay actually - i didnt mind the mini-series.

i'm also a fan of the original series [but dont mention galactica 80 *spit*]

the new tv series, sadly, is an afterthought, and so will have the look of a rushed tv series.. still the cg is quite good and new-boomer gets me wet...

yeah, they got to earth. evidently they ran out of budget getting here and so had badly moulded props from the originals to work with, old stock footage and maybe one or two cylon suits left intact. that and rather too many 'super-scouts', and they hired 'joe 90' as the new commander..

abysmal series. the two leads were laughable and the only decent ep was where dirk reprises his role as starbuck to explain where 'joe 90' came from.

the recent remake, at least, is a damn side better than this sorry rehash that the studio put together on the cheap..

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this

Would I do that? *Picks up flamethrower*

but the new Battlestar Galactica is actually rather good.  Starbuck and Boomer are now women, Apollo is played by an English chap and the Cylons are humanoid.

*Faints*

The new show designers obviously aren't afraid to try something new and that's definitely put some people off watching the show because it has changed from the original.  I suppose some people are just afraid of change.  :huh:

No, just don't like the raping of classics. ;)

If you're unsure, watch the new show with an open mind and treat it as it is - a totally new show based on an older sucessful idea.

I like it and I'll be tuning in as soon as the new series starts (the mini-series starts tonight on Sky One by the way).

Go Galactica - Yey!  :D

Yes, go Galactica! Away. A long way away!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Starbuck and Boomer are now women, Apollo is played by an English chap and the Cylons are humanoid.

How? 25% of the old battle star was silly space fights, another 25% dedicated to the antics of that funky robot dog and the rest was how starbuck and boomer courted women, usually rather unsuccessfuly. Course if they keep to that formula that would mean bi-curious women, that i'd watch :)

nope.

not yet..

and boxey made an appearance.. but luckily he hasnt been seen since..

but richard hatch [original apollo] has turned up [or rather sold out ?] as some kind of twisted governor or something..

iirc they used a chimpanzee as the daggit in the original - which was pretty amusing..

Boomer - now she gets me hot - really hot. and wet. especially when shes wet..

really nice korean babe..

the actress playing starbuck really annoys me.

as does the brit actor playing apollo - he really bugs me too.

i love the visuals tho. i was brought up on that kinda stuff - probably saw silent running, dark star and bsg before ever seeing star wars..

yeah, the mini series had the crew using shirows anime MN-23 bullpup guns, with a cylon on ragnar station using what might have been a type-0 raisen.

then they used what appear to be P90TR's last night with some unidentified but not very futuristic handguns..

and in the trailer for next weeks episode, theyre using SA80/L85's sans susat or iron sights...

i quite like the new series - its definately darker than the soap opera original and visually its quite cool.

and boomers good looking whether shes a cylon or not..

i wonder if she mightve started to notice what she is tho..

the boomer back with helo is obviously fishing for something tho..

Archived