Tokyo Marui G17 Questions (and gerneral GBB maintenance)

AG1212

Just got a TM G17 and loving it thus far, but I have a few issue/questions.

First is the barrel, it wobbles a lot with the slide rearward and not so much when forward, is this normal? Also the inner barrel seems to be off centre some of the time, might just be me though (doesn't shoot off centre).

Next is about accessories: The rail on the frame is not a standard 20mm, so what torches will fit it? (haven't found TM Glock specific ones). Also what holsters would you recommend? (I am a fan of the one-piece plastic holsters with a button for release, but not sure if they're any good).

And one last one biggrin.gif: when I fill the mag there seems to be a lot of spillage, either due to the can or mag, or is this just normal (haven't owned a GBB in awhile so could just be doing it wrong).

Anyway after this I will repay my constant questioning with a review wink.gif

Thanks!

Apparently you need to get the genuine Glock 23 holsters, as the TM G17 is slightly wider than the real thing. The chinese made holsters fit OK from what I have heard. I have a TM G17 with Guarder slide which dies fit into a genuine Blackhawk CQC G17 holster. It was a bit tight at the bottom, but a file, fine sand paper and wire wool sorted it.

Firefly0

1. Are real Glocks like that?

2. I hope so, nothing that fits a standard 20mm rail fits my Glock, and I was under the impression that other pistols have normal railed frames.

3. But it seems to be wasting a lot of gas :/

BaggyPants

Darn dry.gif, hopefully they're not too expensive.

And why is your avatar so distracting blink.gif

Anyway thanks guys biggrin.gif

Just got a TM G17 and loving it thus far, but I have a few issue/questions.

First is the barrel, it wobbles a lot with the slide rearward and not so much when forward, is this normal? Also the inner barrel seems to be off centre some of the time, might just be me though (doesn't shoot off centre).

I had a similar gripe about a TM 4.3 with Guarder metal slide and Guarder steel outer barrel.

How much of a gap is there between the outer diameter of your inner barrel and the inner diameter of your outer barrel?

What I did was wrap several turns of standard Scotch "invisible" tape around the end of the inner barrel. The inner must still be able to slide back and forth completely freely, but tape it up enough to eliminate almost all side-to-side and up-and-down movement. Reassembled, it feels much better.

Some after-market outers have a narrower part molded in to their inner profile to achieve a similar goal. Actually Nine Ball advertises this as a feature (but I had severe compatibility/fitment issues when I tried to put one into the 4.3). Also, the inner barrel of my KSC G34 has a rubber O-ring that sits in a shallow groove towards its tip, which I suppose is another way to go.

Any of the KSC and KWA glocks I've had their outer barrels wobbled a lot with the slide was back but didn't (or not enough to be noticed) when forward.

As for holsters if you want a SERPA you'll need to get a real Blackhawk one for the the Glock 20 and 21 - apparently the TM slide is similar in size to the 10mm and .45 real ones vs the 9mm its supposed to be, or so a search of here says.

My general rule now is: If shoots straight don't try and fix the 'problem'.

The barrel wobbles, this is normal. :)

-----

One piece hard holsters are very popular but don't forget you will need one for when the torch is on and another if you want to take it off. Obviously not an issue if you always want the torch mounted.

1. Are real Glocks like that?

2. I hope so, nothing that fits a standard 20mm rail fits my Glock, and I was under the impression that other pistols have normal railed frames.

3. But it seems to be wasting a lot of gas :/

1. As it uses a tilting barrel (Browning system) on the real gun and to give the barrel space to allow the inner barrel to drop down for feeding on the airsoft model it will wobble and slide in and out a bit. When the slide is back it is unlocking the action and when forward it locks up the action. When it starts to wobble while it is locked and slide closed then worry :P

2. The Glock rail on a TM is 20mm standard however it is a bit too wide on some Maruis for the mould and may need snading gently to get items to fit.

3. It isn't wasting as much as you think and it is under pressure and that leads to leakages and spurts when loading, if you want you can always get a small rubber o-ring to fit around the fill valve. Some HFC and KJ models have this.

Hope that all makes sense.

'FireKnife'

Archived