Dboys GP-25, apparantly to be released soon

Kamigawa

Apparantly, Dboys/Kalash have been working on a GP-25, and VOG-25 grenades for it.

bigp25%20promotion.jpg

This is supposed to be a video of it:

[media=]

[/media]

And this is a .pdf with detailed information on it:

http://www.brotherprice.com/ebphoto/gp25-beta.pdf

The .pdf also mentions that this grenade launcher will fit on most Dboys/Kalash AKs. These AKs are mentioned as "2012 edition), which is something I find really interesting. Dboys has recently started supplying different shops with their AKs again (and it seems to only be full-steel versions!).

I got to examine one of their new AKS-74UNs and I made the following observations:

-Barrel is still aluminium

-Hop-up unit is clear plastic (introduced with the Dboys AKMS as far as I know)

-Flash hider has a glossy black finish, but the rest of the gun is matte black and somewhat textured.

-Serial number on the front trunnion seems to have been "cut out".

-Dboys have put their own serial number next to the optics rail (laser-etched into the paint).

I gathered all my information here: http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=18572.0

I wonder what the chances are that this will fit on a gas blowback GHK AKM. I dont know much about Dboys AKs, but I would love to put a launcher on my AKM. Should be interesting to see nonetheless. I wonder what the actual diameter of the shells are since it doesnt at first appear to be compatible with regular 40mm shells.

I wonder what the chances are that this will fit on a gas blowback GHK AKM. I dont know much about Dboys AKs, but I would love to put a launcher on my AKM. Should be interesting to see nonetheless.

Yes it will. Unless the GHK is somehow vastly out of spec

I wonder what the actual diameter of the shells are since it doesnt at first appear to be compatible with regular 40mm shells.

25mm, GP-25, VOG-25 etc refer to 25mm Grenades :P

Yes it will. Unless the GHK is somehow vastly out of spec

25mm, GP-25, VOG-25 etc refer to 25mm Grenades :P

There isn't a chance in hell that its actually a 25mm diameter. As that would make it a functional launcher in the eyes of most law enforcement agencies in many countries. Just like Airsoft M203s are not actually 40MM but are approximately 39mm.

However, I was simply wondering, as I have seem Airsoft GP25 (Possibly GP30) launchers which had larger 40mm barrels for regular airsoft grenades.

New Dboys AKs, that's good news. I've noticed a drought of proper AK AEGs lately (by "proper" I mean VFC clones [or real VFCs, dream on right?] or Real Sword type 56s, feel free to disagree). A shortage of AKs is just wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Dboys GP-25 has been released on gunnerairsoft.com : http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2659&osCsid=5ba60036510ce5229b5ebaf7c8711cba

"Full Metal GP25 from Dboys,

casted aluminium body, working adjustable sight.

Comes with 1 granade round.

Will only fit Dboys AK74 series without modification.

possible to fit Dboys and CYMA AKM series with medium modification."

This is great news, but I hope they will make a full-steel version too!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived