Recommend me a............... (oh just open the thread).

FireKnife

Ok seeing as really this is a n00b question as while we all know I have a thing for the gas gun unfortunately due to:

1. Being stuck in a part of the world that considers the Arctic Circle acceptable temperature.

2. Having a local site that is a poorly done paintball site conversion that restricts all games to foot slogging hi-cap fests.

3. My lack of work experince at the moment which means I can't move to another area where airsoft isn't so *suitcase* as they will be asking that B.S. about 'you need three years experience for a begineers role'.

4. The fact that no matter how much I look and how hard I try I can't open a site up here, partly council, partly lack of players and partly intelligence of some players.

I have decided that the best course of action is get an electric gun and a few mags until I can find somewhere and something better.

So here are my criteria:

1. Needs to be under £150.

2. Needs to fire around 300 fps (want consistency over power, used to my pistols etc).

3. Needs to have readily available magazines.

4. Needs to work out of the box, reliably, without upgrades as best it can for this price bracket.

5. Needs to work on NiMh and not deans connected stuff.

6. Needs to be readily available in the UK and not from SAS or AW as I don't want to deal with them ever again.

7. Needs to not be an AR, this I can't stress enough as I hate them.

So with that, lets see what you could come up with and before anyone says 'here is how to use Google', I know how to use Google, I know what fulfills the above criteria, but I want Arnies members opinions, not 'this is what choice you get, but pot luck if it works'.

This gun will also be sold on and don't worry about two-tone as I have my UKARA all sorted.

'FireKnife'

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/G-G-Combat-Machine-RK47-Imitation-Wood-GG_C_47_IWS.html#.UIZxlmcnIko

The G&G combat machines turn up quite regularly at my local and all of them have been solid performers. You're limited to either an AK47, M4 type thing or MP5 so the choice is yours on that one. The AK takes standard AK mags and can have a nice big battery in the stock. You also get a great hop up and reliable V3 gearbox.

The body is plastic but G&G have been using some nice quality plastic in a lot of their guns recently so it's strong enough to be bashed about a bit.

They also do it with black furniture if you don't like the fake wood effect. :)

I'd say a G&G CM16 could work. My mates has lasted very well and Pro Airsoft Supplies actually tried to break one by constantly firing but were unsuccessful!

7. Needs to not be an AR, this I can't stress enough as I hate them.

Ping, swing and a miss :P. Try again.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/G-G-Combat-Machine-RK47-Imitation-Wood-GG_C_47_IWS.html#.UIZxlmcnIko

The G&G combat machines turn up quite regularly at my local and all of them have been solid performers. You're limited to either an AK47, M4 type thing or MP5 so the choice is yours on that one. The AK takes standard AK mags and can have a nice big battery in the stock. You also get a great hop up and reliable V3 gearbox.

The body is plastic but G&G have been using some nice quality plastic in a lot of their guns recently so it's strong enough to be bashed about a bit.

They also do it with black furniture if you don't like the fake wood effect. :)

Hmm, possible, but I would like something a little compact, trying for a sort of 750mm extended, 600mm folded maximum option. But then I do like a nice classic AK, however the fact the G&G guns only come with a lo-cap is annoying. Need at least a hi-cap or two mids as that lo would just get sold off. Hate to say it but the local site, well I could provide pics to it to show you what I mean :P

'FireKnife'

Ping, swing and a miss :P. Try again.

Hmm, possible, but I would like something a little compact, trying for a sort of 750mm extended, 600mm folded maximum option. But then I do like a nice classic AK, however the fact the G&G guns only come with a lo-cap is annoying. Need at least a hi-cap or two mids as that lo would just get sold off. Hate to say it but the local site, well I could provide pics to it to show you what I mean :P

'FireKnife'

The Combat Machines come with a hi cap. The description on Land Warrior missed a 0 on the magazine capacity. :P 600 rounds of plastic death is what you get in the mag for the one I linked you. :)

For a basic 300fps plastic bodied gun £150 is about right for a ceiling.

I do look at used but I am after something with at least a warranty, as I plan to just use it for a year or so, not worry about anything bar cleaning it and not sitting on it and then sell it on when I move to a place with a decent site or the*fruitcage*-tards at Aberdeen council give me permission to bring some money in for them and use one of the thousands of dis-used buildings around here.

The Combat Machines come with a hi cap. The description on Land Warrior missed a 0 on the magazine capacity. :P 600 rounds of plastic death is what you get in the mag for the one I linked you. :)

This is very odd, as the G&G on all the sites I have looked at for the MP5 has '40 round standard magazine'. Will look again :P

'FireKnife'

Would a Kalashnikov AK47 tactical (Ewww rails, I know) any use to you? (I think other versions are also available at the same/similar price)

£120 new, Comes with a Hi-cap and battery. Wired for mini Tamiya, metal body, same style internals as a Marui; so spares are easily available.

Only thing is that they come in around 360-370 out of the box, but I got mine downgraded for just another tenner.

Rails and high FPS, would rather it was doing 300 odd out of the box, 320 at a push.

I always found a gun made to do its FPS is more consistent myself, keep looking at the ICS Plastic Body MP5, but haven't really heard anything about them, which is a suprise given the price etc.

Just wondering what else there is, though I keep hoping I might one day be able to sort something out up here.

'FireKnife'

Not knowing anything about importing in UK, but shipping from taiwangun is like 11£ so should be a viable option?

JG g36c, grab a sub joule spring a good to go? I'd really recommend investing the little it needs to a lipo. Charger+lipo from hobbyking is quite cheap as lipos work so much better in cold.

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/608-jg_1.html

I have decided that the best course of action is get an electric gun

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH FIREKNIFE!?!

Seriously though, normally I'd suggest a nice big revolver so you can simply out-range them AEGs. But knowing you have issues against packing a six-gun with a barrel longer than your member, I'd point to the tried and tested Galaxy MP5K PDW. And if you are willing to use a lipo you could get the sweet rof advantage the real thing has.

Ok then, well I would like a better sound than whizz pop.

That is if AW ever get back to me about changing my address, this might take 4-5 emails.

Though I might just have to either:

1. Pester / catch out / sleep with (if female) members of the council buildings section until I get something, anything.

2. Put all airsoft on hiatus until I move (can't be done, not letting a retard city stop me playing my hobby).

3. Just move, say *fruitcage* it, move, do my best to find a job and hope I get something, as my social life up here is getting more and more non-existent due to things closing down and others moving.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH FIREKNIFE!?!

Seriously though, normally I'd suggest a nice big revolver so you can simply out-range them AEGs. But knowing you have issues against packing a six-gun with a barrel longer than your member, I'd point to the tried and tested Galaxy MP5K PDW. And if you are willing to use a lipo you could get the sweet rof advantage the real thing has.

He is slowly going insane after putting up with all the *suitcase* that he has had to for the hobby he enjoys so much, eventually we all have to either quit or do something drastic (not that drastic, damaging the hobby is not something I could ever do).

Still the game at The Mall may just have to tide me over for a while :P

'FireKnife'

tghe ICS MP5's are good for the money

TM Thomspon is teh sex and you know it ;)

There's a bajillion short AK variants, I could probably throw some hi-caps your way if you wanted, now my AEG;'s are all banished to the realms of history :P I think I've even got a drum-mag you can put on a 'krinkov' :P

Man up and get LiPo's you pansy :P

hobbyking turnigy nano's are *fruitcaging* cheap and stupidly good.

A JG G36c would do you well, if you can get one pre-downgraded from LWA or something. Just stick a prommy/guarder rubber and you're good to go.

Other than that, trawl second-hands for a sweet *albatross* AEG.

I will also add kudos for the ICS MP5's I have had one for well at least 5 years now (I honestly can't remember how long ago I got it but it was roughly when I got into airsoft), little blighter still works .. oh hell needs completely new furniture but it still ticks!

I take it that you have considered and discounted AEP's? They have hicaps too.

----

I have always gone for quality over cheapness so not that up on clones but I have heard good things about the JG G36c.

Normally I would point to the G&P m4 for £230 but I am not sure what other models compare and have a similar price.

Sniper rifle not viable? Not cheap I guess so perhaps not ideal...

Grab a jg g36 c or k version. They are the china equivalent of the tm famas they just keep on going.

Or if you are in the mood for an ak you cant go wrong with the cymas ones, and they have a million and one variants for you to choose.

Archived