Recommend me a............... (oh just open the thread).

FireKnife

Also, Deans connectors aren't a LiPo thing. They're just better than the truly awful Tamiya connectors that unfortunately still blight the airsoft world. They're one of the best bang for buck upgrades you can do to an airsoft gun.

Any of the G&G or ICS budget ranges are good to go.

Ok, hit a snag.

The retards at AW that handle the UKARA database claim that my form that was added to the database on the 5th of April have claimed that it expired on the 31st of August. <_<

Now people know why I don't deal with AW.

When I have got this sorted I will have to look at it, might just have to attend the odd private game here and there and hope that holds me up, why must I live in such a *suitcase* part of the UK, it has nothing going for it.

'FireKnife'

In truth I had heard bad things of them but a friend said try were good guys (he used to play at their sites). Had a problem with a clone zero trigger (didn't fit) and phoned them up. All they asked is if my vsr is a tm (its jg) and then told me to send an email. Never got a reply (just filed down the spring guide stopper in the end).

Basically a long winded way of saying I know what you mean.

Well it is annoying as to circumvent the fact that a site doesn't exist I may have secured land to run handgun competitions.

Great, except I need a valid UKARA number to actually purchase two pistols to provide for the 'box stock' matches which are for anyone to enter, a sort of competition hire gun (but in a class of its own to balance it out).

This is really annoying me, but ah well, it is to be expected when this is how our so called good common defence is run.

'FireKnife'

Ok, so now I haven't got UKARA according to the people at AW, this kind of *fruitcage*-s up the whole thing, as I don't have the opportunity to buy anything new to sort out my hires for the shooting Comps I am planning and I don't have the opportunity to pick anything up for playing at a site to actually get my UKARA (and don't mention the words two-tone on here, unless you mean silver and black).

'FireKnife'

You could still legally buy a two tone and spray it. You of all people can easily prove you skirmish.

How, enough so that a shop will accept it.

Plus spraying a two-tone is a no, seeing as even owning a two-tone is a no.

Would help if I had a way to actually get UKARA near me.

'FireKnife'

Very true,

But then I may have secured a valid defence for at least second hand sales, it isn't like I don't have back dated pictures of myself at events, testimonials from people that I have attended sites with and quite a whole lot of other things, still not enough for a shop to be covered one hundred percent, but I would say enough that at least a fellow player could work out that I am a long term player (just gone 6 years this August).

Either that or just attend the site nearest to me and just sit chatting to the marshals and people on the dead one while watching the rest just sit opposite each other and lob hi-cap after hi-cap at each other (the site doesn't allow flanking, at all and expects all games to devolve into this). Then go in, fire at the occasional guy that somehow everyone misses and that is it (now you know what I mean by lack of choice, so none of you can moan from now on if you have at least two sites within reach of you) :P.

'FireKnife'

Didn't your old sig piccy show you with a MP5k......sure you said a while back you had a compact AEG......

I think we might be miss-placed cosmic twins or something......fetish for pistol only, compact AEG for meh days......i used to have VIP status at a strip club (only got manhandled chucked out once) and liked the stranger night scene in bristol.....are you my long lost little brother/evil twin from another dimension ?

Anyways..... on meh days or just to warm up in the morning and confuse or check out the opfor i likes a UMP, but they aren't that cheap, the Umarex one is and is a clone of my STAR version.

Just go for a MP5 several sportline/budget choices, new barrel, new hop rubber, rewire to Deans (my next job) dial it in, quality BB's should be good to 50m with a 200rd hicap that should see 150rds out in one hit, you know for teflon codkid types that boil my urine when i cap them at 50m with the old silenced TM MK23 with a single shot.....cheating scrotes....forced me to get red dot sight so i can shoot them in the back of the head until they call it.....

Yeah MP5, V2 gear box, play with hop's fairly cheap mags and pouches, lots of choice in brand, and slaughter teenagers on a Sunday with it.

SD/MP5 are handy, TM's very quiet out of the box, my UMP is more S/UMP it must work, because on single shot with black BB's i get the same response from shot players as i do with the MK23, but can follow up with another 150rds on a full mag wind if they don't call the first or first five rds hitting them

:)

I did, back in the day, but that was when I was down the road from a few decent sites that I could go pistols only and the AEG was more for cheaper running (I used about 100 rounds a game, and barely got thorugh two mid-caps when I was defending once).

Quite possibly, seeing as I was down in Bristol area too for most of my life, now stuck up here in a inbred *suitcase* hole (and that is not speculation, Aberdeen has a lot of issues).

Still having the issue with sorting out my VCRA, either I hire (not possible at the local sites), use my pistols (so badly run may as well sit at the sidelines), sort out a second hand sale with my pictures and other proof (not many of them going about, not counting the Z1 trolls) or drive 65 miles to and 65 miles from a site that is mediocre at best and play there. Stupid first world issues.

Might just have to wait until a job opportunity comes up in a decent place that isn't full of arrogant *suitcase* munchers and then move there, would happily take a cut on the amount I earn now, if it meant I was near a place that didn't think 'social atmosphere' is a bunch of free clubs that serve bad drinks and are full of horrible people. :P

'FireKnife'

You've got a decent job now, right?

Stop being a tight *albartroth*, go on the for sale forum and buy the CA SA58 OSW that's on there.

Blows your budget but it has a load of 1000 round hicaps (need only carry one) and comes with all the battery jazz and such you need.

Will stop me spending money I don't have on the damn thing.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206721-ca-sa-68-osw/

Wouldn't pick an AK, hard to aim, sights not inline with scope rail, and difficult to go prone due to bulk and the long mags.

MP5s also have similar issues, and the fact most AEG MP5s don't feel quite right compared with the real steel.

From your post I am guessing that you want something compact.

I would 2nded the SA58 OSW (QP or CA). Short mags, good ROF, easy to go prone, compact (folds smaller than an M4), shoot straight as an arrow. Downside is the folding stock was designed for big men with long arms.

Other options are: VFC XCR, Dboys KAC Dboys PDW (good gun but basically an AR15), JG/SRC G36C/K (ok gun but bulky and boring).

Since you guys play in a low FPS environment, an MP5K PDW would be more than suitable for its range and accuracy. (CYMA is cast bodied while SRC is stamped metal). It would be more than sufficient if you are looking to engage at pistol/carbine ranges with something as small as a pistol.

Else if you are that way inclined: Steyr AUG, FN2000 or a KA/G&G/ACM P90 would be fine. Works well but has their own issues and maybe out of your price range. Would not recommend SA80 or L86 or any sort unless you want to pick it for re-enactment.

As much as you dislike ARs, a good M4 is still THE BEST multi-role weapon in a conventional layout.

Avoid the ca sportsline p90 like the plague !! It's about as usefull as a fart in a spacesuit !! Horrific gun , mags misfeed , and internals are useless . This is the one that cybergun want us to attempt to skirmish with !! Say no more !!!!

For an m4 g&g

Ak Cyma

G36 jg/ src gen3

Mp5 g&g

Aug jg / tm / ca , ca sportsline is a jg with trades

Famas tm / creaky but so reliable

ump g&g avoid the ares one

G3 sas 500 round high caps g&g or tm

P90 tm or g&g

Yeah, rails and FAL design. That is a very big no in my mind. So even if it is a good choice wont be going for it as I don't like it.

As for the job, haven't actually got as much spare to spend, due to the fact my car is going to need replacing, my heating bill is going to be a *badgeress* this year and I have Christmas coming :P. Stupid first world issues.

As to what others have recommended, many of you are putting clones that either I wouldn't touch with a barge pole or are coming in well over 300fps odd. These suggestions I don't need as I wont even give them a second glance but thank you anyway.

As for the MP5 and the AK47, they just work for me, not sure why but they are what works. That and shorter G3's but everytime I look at things like the G3 SAS I would need a sliding stock so more cash, plus TMs aren't so cheap.

Also the final reason of why I want it at a cheap price is this is only a stop gap gun until 1: I move to a city that isn't a retarded *suitcase* hole and actually has airsofters with brains (all the decent ones up here don't live in the city and are few and far between) or 2: I can set up a site up here, which would never happen due to many reasons I could list. So really it is more me stuck in a corner, making the best of it at a cost and then when I get a chance to move it will be sold and off I go :P.

Should have really called this thread 'anyone able to help us out with work in a place near a few airsoft sites' :D

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Archived