So I've been deprived from sleep lately, haven't built a custom gun for a while and I'm starting to see pretty funky stuff with my wizard eyes. Add to that the custom gun contest and my heads really spinning now. Of the ideas that keep popping up, these are the top three I could make sense out of and I'm really inclined to follow through with at least one of them. Technical workings aside, I'd like to know people's thoughts about them, which one you like best, what improvements can be made, and to all tell me that I'm going insane. DISCUSS!

MPX.jpg

P.S.

The name's just a joke from FireKnife thinking up of a name for it. MP5 + Bizon = ???

Also the first one with the inverted P90 mag is a new concept (for me at least). Was looking for a plentiful mag to cannibalize then it occurred to me to use a non-modified mag.

P.P.S.

Sadly, this will most definitely be an AEG. I'd really like it to be GBB, but I'm not that crazy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the hose myself though. It being overly unique will make do for it's lack of blow back. I forgot about the feed port location on P90 mags but it shouldn't be much of a problem. As the mag sits flat against the handguard I just need to fill in the small space at the receiver. The feed nozzle will have to be modified with an elongated S bend or use the stock hop with a longer nozzle like what I did on my SKS. HK won't like it though, adapting to 5.7x28.

I do think if you could make the third one it would sell, I would at least buy it :P.

The P90 magazine does look nice, but something about it doesn't seem right, what about providing a grip? It does look like, unlike the other two, that it would be a bugger to grip.

'FireKnife'

Also, am I the only one who's dissapointed this isn't a thread for RC to show off an extremely detailed replica of M Bison's hat? I liked that hat.

10620x.jpg

Of course!!!!!

Now if we could see RC doing the hat to go with the gun, not sure they are connected but what the hell, why not?

'FireKnife'

^

Not sure if you're looking at the guns or the hat.

Also, just thought of it now, would it be more appropriate to make it a forward ejecting weapon? Instead of enlarging the port I put some sort of chute over it leading to the handguard. Not that it's gonna spit out casings, it's just, oh I don't know.

^

Not sure if you're looking at the guns or the hat.

Also, just thought of it now, would it be more appropriate to make it a forward ejecting weapon? Instead of enlarging the port I put some sort of chute over it leading to the handguard. Not that it's gonna spit out casings, it's just, oh I don't know.

I gusta the gun with the P90 mag, the hat, and your use of the quizzical rage face. I gusta all 3 of those things.

Anyhow - Seeing as it's going to be a 'made up' weapon anyway, it couldn't hurt. I reckon going on how blocky the P90 mag is, and the reasonably fat MOE grips, it'd look cool if you bulked up the upper receiver a tad, and you could integrate an extended/front facing feed chute into that? I reckon a big fat muzzle amp wouldn't look half bad either.

Ah I was told it just feed differently but ejected in the same way from the usual port.

But then downward ejecting on a real gun makes sense, makes it more ambi, unless a shell goes into you boots or an open fly, that in the real steel world would hurt :P.

Stil, this to me would make sense as a side ejector, seeing as it is based on a MP5 which is a classic gun and really should run on a classic system. ;)

'FireKnife'

Ah I was told it just feed differently but ejected in the same way from the usual port.

But then downward ejecting on a real gun makes sense, makes it more ambi, unless a shell goes into you boots or an open fly, that in the real steel world would hurt :P.

Stil, this to me would make sense as a side ejector, seeing as it is based on a MP5 which is a classic gun and really should run on a classic system. ;)

'FireKnife'

But then wouldn't the Mp5 port need to be elongated to cater for the 5-7? That'd be more work than hiding it with a chute that has a 5.7 sized opening :P

But then wouldn't the Mp5 port need to be elongated to cater for the 5-7? That'd be more work than hiding it with a chute that has a 5.7 sized opening :P

As the missus said to me one day, it isn't that much longer:

57x28b.jpg

So I told her, it still has more penetration power.

(9mm is the first on the left, then it goes .40, .45 and then 5.7mm, the others not sure on, 5.56mm and .50BMG?)

'FireKnife'

Fair point, although it looks like it'd be longer than the standard port...

Still, I maintain that non-existent funky looking space gun should have funky looking ejection chute. With or without it'd still end up looking cool, I just figured it'd be a good way to bulk up the upper receiver a bit. Could maybe shroud the whole ejection port area of the upper with dual front facing ejection ports? That'd be kinda neat.

It would still be cool, very true.

I just wanted an excuse to put some trademark FK innuendo in this subject. But then in the same way couldn't you put that the mag well as the ejection port, ala the AR-57, RC?

Would still just be nice to see a MOE handguard and 5.7mm magazine on a different gun. The classic look with the modern caliber.

'FireKnife'

Mag is blocking the magwell so no dice. It has to go side, up, forward, or make believe HK is messing with caseless again.

Real pic render with forward ejection chute and meatier muzzle device.

I'd buy that. (Well, I would if it was practical to mass produce it as a GBB for a reasonable price, but what I mean is it looks tits.)

I would take one, even in AEG form.

Something a bit different and I like the look plus it is modelled on my favourite SMG design, the MP5 :P

Also, where is the battery going to go, lipo in the handguard I would guess, or one of those weird stock cell wired ones?

'FireKnife'

Also, that long square box isn't going to be very comfy

Tried holding my 5-7 mag for a while with an MOE on top, wasn't so bad. Probably gonna have no less ergonomics than a Glock so no biggie.

edit:

Scratch that. I know one way to make it better

MOAR RAILZ!

a rail on every mag to put an AFG on.

Good but is it going to hold in if someone gives a sharp downward tug?

Also two alternatives:

1. The Sten hold, add a grip to the side and have it as a kind of horizontal level hold.

2. The Jim Zubiena hold: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:MV-UNKMG-1.jpg

Possible?

'FireKnife'

Archived