Special Airsoft Supplies - A different issue to the regular.

bankz5152

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work. :)

About the whole libel, slander thing - if all you're doing is reporting on events as they happen while remaining impartial in your language and tone.... I think you're going to be just fine. And even if you cannot remain impartial, if what you are saying is true, no matter how coloured it is by your unfavourable experience by definition it is not slanderous.

Letter has been posted! Via special delivery tracked!

With any luck he will just back off and this will all go away.

Did learn somthing interesting aparently he goes to the NAE every year, should find out who he is then jump up on stage and tell everyone. He'd be a non stop target..

Did this mysterious receipt or information about the so called outstanding payment for the item actually arrive?

If he gives you a 10 day time frame (according to the email) then doesn't have a recorded letter sent to you detailing this (even a fake one, that can be sorted later in court) within that time frame he already has no grounds for a case. If you accuse someone of something you need legal proof that you can back up, not a request / demand that you expect them to listen to.

Is it me or does someone else here think that this happens quite often at SAS and that others will just pay him to deal with the hassle? A bit like those that don't contest parking fines that are improperly levied against them?

Sadly, people are still going to see his site and try to buy from him. As much as I would like to see the likes of SAS closed down (and a few other sites, one of which looks to be going out of business anyway ;)) too many people will get caught out and he will find a way around it, a bit like a chav that can't do 65+40 but when they get short changed by benefits they raise hell and suddenly can add up.

'FireKnife'

Exactly well said Fireknife.

Yeah he did send me the tracking info & number. I was 'signed for' but by no one in my family, just had my sur- name printed.

Accoding the CAB threatening to take me to court in 10 days is classed as threatening behaviour and unacceptable for a trader and I should ignor any threats like that.

Need to check the tracking for my letter. See if its arrived.

Printed? As in matches no-one in your families signatures or printed as in by a computer?

Both of which are unacceptable as if it was a courier it would be a digital signature and often with RM they still get you to do a pen based signature, both of which can be taken off the site by either end to prove the item has arrived.

Also you mentioned an invoice in the first page that was open and classed as unpaid? Did they send a copy of that, via email or posted recorded?

'FireKnife'

Electronic sig done on a tablet. Was a digital hand written sig. Just my surname in caps.

Theres no need to worry, CAB have helped me to sort it all with any luck he will back down considering he broke the distance selling regs on two counts.

Also no contract existed between us when he sent the product, as at the point I had been refunded and made no such order.

Electronic sig done on a tablet. Was a digital hand written sig. Just my surname in caps.

Theres no need to worry, CAB have helped me to sort it all with any luck he will back down considering he broke the distance selling regs on two counts.

Also no contract existed between us when he sent the product, as at the point I had been refunded and made no such order.

So forged. As I would guess that is not how you sign and that no-one else at your address does.

That is true, just more gathering how far this guy is willing to go as he seems to be playing every hand. Surely there must be a limit to the number of times you can have Small Claims etc raised against you before you must cease trading.

Sounds like he will take it way, way to far just to scam people but now it has come back in his face and I bet he is trying to back down as soon as he can.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

I go away for a couple of years and..... some things remain the same. 

Sad to see that SAS are still up to their old games, but good to see that the community is ever more wise to those games as time goes by.

I hope this has worked out for you, Bankz.

Sad to see that SAS are still up to their old games, but good to see that the community is ever more wise to those games as time goes by.

Sad to see they are still going, even back when I started in 2006 they were pulling stunts and now they just take the biscuit even more by still staying open and still pulling the same tricks.

'FireKnife'

They must make their living bilking new players..... When Arnie drew me in here in 2001 it was bad but he was a new thing.

I am preaching to the Choir, and I know that wiser minds than mine have most probably thought this through, but it galls me that this can go on...

Archived