Special Airsoft Supplies - A different issue to the regular.

bankz5152

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore the *wheelbarrow*, but as said above, document thoroughly any correspondence you have with him. Send any letters recorded, take copies, and print emails, texts etc. log everything, even printing off links mentioned in this thread.

Don't threaten him or get abusive, but remain firm when talking to him :)

If your postman didnt get you to sign for the parcel, he wont be able to produce a signiture to prove you received it.

If bankz were to say he returned the order though then that could possibly be enough proof that he did receive it, the simple application of logic there says you can't return an order/item if you've never received it so saying you did return it clearly states it did arrive, even if very late.

Just out of interest did you tell him you wanted a refund and planned to get the money back via visa prior to him sending the magazines?

In which case it may be worth finding out the legality concerning the deal in the first place. I.e if you had stated you wanted a refund and got one, are you still under the sales contract? If he sent the magazines outside the contract/t&c's you aren't obligated to pay anyway.

You've admitted returning the item, if you have verified returning it via email he has proof, also the £45 charge is the cost of small claims, you'll have the £38.65 on top to pay,

AoD may have a point but having received your refund did you at any point tell him to cancel the sale?

I first asked for the order to be cancelled, time went buy I asked for a full refund. Which I never got and then went to Visa to get my money back.

The item was only delivered 2 - 3 weeks after Visa got my money back well after already asking for a refund.

Only issue is SAS use an online email form so I have no copies of what I sent. However when I got no repsonse via email or phone I sent a written letter which I do have a copy of.

Despite the excellent advice Aitch has offered in several posts, I feel Ace of Skulls has a point, if SAS sent you an item you hadn't ordered (ie, had been cancelled, eventually refunded monies etc) then its their problem. They sent you unsolicited goods.

Request they send you a prepaid padded envelope with tracking number/insurance, (after all you don't want the package to go 'missing' again) then use this to return him a cheque or the cost of the item.

I know it hurts, but at least you have jerked his chain and cost him extra money.

If he doesn't send you anything then you can't send anything back...................

I'm sure its not 'illegal'. When I had my own company, several customers paid off debts that way, because they had offered to pay (no matter over how long a period) it wasn't worth pursuing it via legal means.

At the end of the day this isn't about the money anymore, more about a little payback for the irritation SAS has caused over the years.

AoD has a point but Banks has no email proof of cancelation, odds on you didn't send the letter recorded? which if you didn't again means he denies receipt of the letter,

As for paying £1 a month he'd need to agree to those terms and set up a credit agreement which again screws with your credit in future, but he can refuse, spend his £45 and he'll win, I feel this issue is more about him sticking one to you and he knows wth all his past experience of being on the losing end he has won,

Sadly that twunt will be no doubt be reading this and the whole thread is admissable, pay the git move on and in future USE RECORDED MAIL!

Just to add you best pay him quick, did he give you a timeframe? if he sends the summons even if you don't go to court you'll have to pay the £45/£38.65 so you need to decide sooner or later minus £38.65 now, £83.65 later or a CCJ?

I've personal experience or I wouldn't offer advice, he could go to CAB if he can get an appointment in time, there's a lot of folk out there in need of advice these days, he's on notice so it really is up to him how he proceeds, sensibly I hope.

Is a facebook group really likely to make much difference? Not saying it's not worth doing but there are already loads of threads warning people not to use them on most UK airsoft forums and have been for years.

If you want SAS shut down then you better hope everyone who has a serious issue with them reports it to trading standards, although I suspect most just reclaim the money through their credit card provider and not bother doing it.

I contacted the guy who runs Airbana a few years back to have his shop removed from a list of retailers after he shafted me. Following me showing him links to several threads he was happy to do this, but as Airbana allows users to add info someone simply put it back up.

Facebook group will only attract those who know how much of an arsehat the guy is. It';s the unsuspecting customers who fall foul of this guys *suitcasey* business.

P.S. good luck with whatever you do.

Hazzaa! Some goof fortune at last.

Spoke to the CAB today and they stated that he is in breech of contract regarding the Distance Selling Regulations to provide goods within 30 days by his own admission via email of which I have copies :D

He is also in breech of contract regarding the Distance Selling Regulations to allow cancellation of items within a 7 day period. He was not available (did not answer the phone/email) by his own admission aswell.

When I said he was trying to take me to court it has been put down as 'threatening behaviour'. The lovely womans response was 'well he can try, but equally you can take him to court for breech of the DSR'

I am also well within my legal rights to claim back the postage (providing I find the payment recipt)

Ive been advised to draft him a letter to be sent via email & recorded delivery stating the above.

Whole process took about 25 minutes and im damn glad. I also asked on behalf of others they got screwed, providing you have a decent amount of information (dates etc) you can ring up simply to make a complaint, enough complainst Trading Standards will investigate.

SO everyone ring up and complain if SAS has screwed you too!

Archived