New g&g gearbox due for release

Baddbaz

Im not so sure it will be much cheaper... AS M4 has no official price and it was said they were aiming to the 350€ range, I believe it will be more expensive, but its just a hunch. This GG M4 has no price yet too, but if they sell it with those fancy rails, stock... it will be into a premium range too.

This is going to be an interesting competition, but unfortunatly I dont think AS has the factory power or contacts GG has, In my country shops a most of the M4s sold are GG, I believe it has nothing to do with overall quality/price, just an agressive expansion strategy and the fact most players here dont know what is good or bad, they just believe what clerks tell them

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i get the feel thats for everything, as theyve announced 3 sets.

it's the price for one set which consists of the 3 part gearbox and the upgrade kit (whatever that is - a couple of spare springs!?) and yeah I think it's rather expensive (400-450$ was the estimated price of the ASAR).

The motor has 3 choices high torque , high speed , normal . Same with pistons I understand . Single , semi burst as well .. Should be an interesting gearbox when it arrives . If I am right it has an empty mag function / gun stops when mag is empty . Definatly ground breaking .pricewise I expect it to be in the 375 / 450 mark but nothing anounced as of yet ...

Well, if thats ground breaking, I dont know how to define the ASAR, making the same and some more for(presumably) less. I prefer to think the G&G model is certainly an improvement and a great system based on the ICS split gearbox, but it doesnt quite deliver a full range of features while charging a hefty price for just the internals without hop chamber, bucking and barrel.

Honestly, cant wait to read the reviews about these two contenders, hope my little skorpion project keeps me occupied until I order the one fitting my needs better

I feel I would be more tempted to back the underdog in this. What's interesting, personally, how these stack up to the apparent roaring success of the DTW. I know, I said it, but all of these so called "next gen" guns are trying to get closer to being TW standard, but with this crazy notion that for most airsoft players, it's important to retain some cross compatibility with Tokyo Marui parts?!?! Personally, I'd have no issue buying a rifle (if it worked and was robust) if it had no compatibility with TM parts....I feel that this constant rearwards thinking, in terms of compatibility with TM, is really holding back the development of airsoft, and I cringe whenever a manufacturer makes a big thing about it.

The trouble with Airsoft manufacturers , well most of them is they get a realy good idea and then ruin it by using cheap materials or penny pinching on the wrong parts . So many of the newer guns have been fails because of this . Real sword being one of the exeptions

. This is very prevalent with ares . Beatifull externals and good idea with the micro switch , but then they use the cheapest , nastiest switch they can find , same with the pistons . They know they fail but continue to use the same weak parts over and over again . Surely they must know by now that this is their weak point . And gives all their guns a bad rap with buyers .

I know Lonex and dytac have realised this opening in the market for good internals , but then they go and put them in guns that have bad trades . . I suppose we can't win at the moment . Seems to be a choice of good externals but fragile inside or bad externals but reliable strong internals .

TM based designs have a very bad habit, they are RELIABLE and define what "average performance" is in the mind of any airsofters, TWs (any of them) have the beauty of being so realistic to the AR platform that they are highly UNrealiable and UNDERperforming, not to mention a price tag a bit over any sane level.

Jokes aside, TW platforms are too expensive foir what they deliver, TM recoil series proved to surpass any TW for much less money, ASAR not only is cheaper but includes more features without compromissing reliability or performance. Even as expensive as it may look, this G&G Gearbox is much better than any TW platform.

I am not a fan of G&G, but I have to give it to them, their ARs are good performers and if not abused, they will last almost a life time

So, on topic: 

Dear G&G, send that gear to your testers, WE DEMAND a full review, for pr0n sake

Real sword guns are expensive to buy but you do get granite like quality inside and out . And the spares are realy cheap considering their quality . G&g are the opposite . Relatively cheap to buy and not bad quality at all . But spares are expensive ..its more viable to buy a whole gun than it is a replacement gearbox with them .

TM based designs have a very bad habit, they are RELIABLE and define what "average performance" is in the mind of any airsofters, TWs (any of them) have the beauty of being so realistic to the AR platform that they are highly UNrealiable and UNDERperforming, not to mention a price tag a bit over any sane level.

Jokes aside, TW platforms are too expensive foir what they deliver, TM recoil series proved to surpass any TW for much less money, ASAR not only is cheaper but includes more features without compromissing reliability or performance. Even as expensive as it may look, this G&G Gearbox is much better than any TW platform.

I am not a fan of G&G, but I have to give it to them, their ARs are good performers and if not abused, they will last almost a life time

So, on topic: 

Dear G&G, send that gear to your testers, WE DEMAND a full review, for pr0n sake

There's some big sweeping statements in there, that you'd never be able to qualify with factual evidence....in other words, loads and loads of OPINION.

TM recoil proves to surpass any TW?!?! Dude, seriously? Don't you realise that TW does not equal PTW alone, the price of a DTW slaps the TM across the face and feeds it a heavy helping of WTF!!?!. Not to mention, when has a TM come in at replica weight and dimension to the real rifle? You want to pay X-amount more for a glorified vibrator (sorry recoil engine) go ahead, personally I see it as a rip off.

The statement about TM designs equaling reliability is also laughable! Maybe if TM themselves deliver, but how many other companies have used the TM design and delivered a steaming pile of manure?

The reason why companies cling to TM compatibility is because they think airsofters want to be able to make use of the teeming after market parts industry, so they do this regardless of whether doing so will actually hamper how reliable or "realistic" their rifle will be. I think this is sad, and while I'm not a PTW fanboy, I admire how they (and their clones) are willing to walk a different line.

Tw are overpriced for what they actually deliver . Maybe when they originally hit the market people would pay a premium for good externals etc . But nowadays technology , battery's , mosfets have moved on a bit .

A ptw can now be equaled in range , trigger response , by many mass produced guns .

Real sword beat them externally , just a shame that their m4 / 16 range has not been released yet . Tests have recently shown that an ASCu equipped aeg actually gives better trigger response than a ptw . It took Celsius . A clone of a ptw to sort out the accuracy / range on them . ( blasphemy ) but true . If tak wasn't about to rewind motors , waterproof them etc they would still be breaking down all over the place . 1200 pounds for a gun that Dosnt work out of the box ! No thanx ....

Seriously, either you guys are living in a bubble or there's some retard issues going on. Not too long ago PTW was the only way into so called "TW" ownership, now there's Celcius and G&D. I would agree PTW are overpriced considering what's available today, but the DTW comes in at £299 - £320, how's that too expensive??? So I can get all the features of a TM (without the chuff blowback/vibration) for half the price!! Cheaper than an ASAR and certainly cheaper than what G&G are going to put out.

So let's get real here.

im sorry mate, cant agree with you, I like shooting BBs to people, not drooling over a gun, so reliability and performance come first, something that any TW can deliver.

So, can we move on before a mod comes and gives us some warning points? please :)

So, can we move on before a mod comes and gives us some warning points? please :)

This is in general discussion, so a topic can meander where it will without fear of warning points. Plus, it's only natural to discuss one products merits in relation to another, so the debate is justified.

Considering this rifle from G&G hopes to mimic a TW, it's especially poignant to mark out how it can never compare. For most people who can't afford a TW, and therefore in their own minds seek to justify why they shouldn't bother trying to get one, the G&G will fit them nicely. Just a shame that said paupers outlook stops them from looking at much cheaper and seemingly effective alternatives.

Enjoy your TM clone :)

Whatever mate! if you want to discuss, fine, but please, use an actual argument beyond 1:1 dimensions, which if I recall correctly, they are not 1:1 in any TW, even if they are advertised as such, a profesional on the training sector, Travis haley, doesnt use a TW, he uses TM recoil guns, maybe perfectly exact dimensions are not so important to actually train, maybe a reliable gun capable to put thousands of rounds downrange with minimum to no maintenance is more important, which again (and you prove to not talk about it), is something any TW cant deliver without prior (and expensive) maintenance from tackelberry. Even the cheap cloned spares are ludicrously expensive.

That is why most people see these ASAR and G&G options as perfectly substitutors for a TW, price, reliability, performance.

EDIT: TWs are a mean of prestige in the airsoft world, like wearing gucci or Apple, nice suits, just overpriced

Have to agree with the above post regarding reliability , and out of the box performance on the tw format of guns . Ptw are massively overpriced , not accurate and unreliable out of the box . Ptw , Celsius are always failing / breaking . They need hop work , new barrels to have any accuracy . And usually a visit to tackle bury is required on top of the purchase price .

The tm shoots perfectly straight out of the box . So you only have the initial outlay for the gun .

Tw are not 1. 1 replica size wise . The spares / battery's are prohibitively expensive .

At the end of the day we are firing plastic bbs so

The most cost effective option for most people is to go for the package that does the job the best out of the box . Not everyone has a desire to be working on their gun or taking it to the shop for repair after every time they have used it .

If g&g use their exeptional know how and quality control to come up with a reliable , accurate , well warrantied and usable gearbox platform to integrate into one of their guns at a sensible price point they will be another leading contender in the Airsoft market .

From their previous improvements and quality control I can see this being a well thought out , reliable system .

Too early to judge at the moment though . The proof is in the pudding / users reveiws so to speak , so I shall wait and see. How it fares once the hyper critical airsofting public receives it

I wouldn't say its 100% certainly going to be cheaper buying a DTW over "what G&G are going to put out".

Considering it seems about 50/50 whether you need a new DTW hop from the review thread (in which, incidentally Inq, you spend quite a lot of time bashing the DTW - so why are you recommending it over the TM M4 here? Simply because its a 'TW'?) Personally, TM reliability & build quality would probably sway me to spend the extra £ to buy a TM over a DTW, which, if you get a duff hop means a replacement DTW hop, or a new barrel, hop and possibly outerbarrel if you want to replace with Systema/Celsius/MDD kit.

However, *for disclosure, before anyone asks, I can honestly say* I'm basing the above on reviews that I've read of both - I've not handled a DTW, nor a TM M4 but I did look in depth at the TM in particular, considering buying one second hand (but I own TM and have used a few in the past and have always been impressed). 

Back on topic... as for G&G their build quality is brilliant, I love my TopTech M4 to bits, its rock solid and comes with a 2 year warranty - which, for me, was a big selling point. I bought it to be a workhorse that I'm not going to fiddle about with but will fling plastic at what I point it at reliably and efficiently.

I for one can't wait for this new gearbox from them - I'll likely be signing up to purchase either a gearbox if it'll drop into a regular M4 body, or a full gun for the bolt lock function (there's a functional catch on their current M4s, but that's for hop adjustment not stop-on-empty), the QD springs and the microswitch. 

This is in general discussion, so a topic can meander where it will without fear of warning points. Plus, it's only natural to discuss one products merits in relation to another, so the debate is justified.

Enjoy your TM clone :)

Really funny comment to make

Seeing as the the dtw is itself a clone of a clone !!!!

Archived