New g&g gearbox due for release

Baddbaz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw some pics, looks like an ICS like design with a "box-like" trigger group. Definetly improving over the original design, but with the Airsoft Systems M4 around the corrner, I cant see this delivering anything worth the fuss

Affordability and g&g quality and after sales support is a big plus . Airsoft systems ASCu have had lots of failures of mosfets and fire wires . I hope their m4 fares better ..

Instant Rof / motor changes , trigger changes , piston changes . No shims or screws . What is not to like ?

Well, G&G is not what I call cheap, here in spain, the price of a G&G Sportline is along the lines of the ICS sportlines, but something tells me this gearbox wont be featuring in the cheap section of G&G, more like in a new premium line. Cant speak about after sales support as I dont own any of their products, but I think that support comes more from the shops selling it in UK or Spain, I should get the same support for a Dboys M4 if bought directly from a shop locally.

I have heard the ASCU is not what people call reliable, but if the prototype has been tested like it was stated in the IWA 2012 video, it is definetly in my "want" list and will avidly search for reviews after it is released

Will watch the video later, working atm ^_^

EDIT: After a quick and sneaky watch(no sound), upper gearbox looks similar to the AS-AR... @_@

On a note about G&G after sales, they are excellent! I went to G&G directly after my Scar's fire selector came off. They were very friendly and also quite quick at responding to emails, they even sent me a couple of free patches! I rate them very highly as a company.

The gearbox design looks interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this!

On a note about G&G after sales, they are excellent! I went to G&G directly after my Scar's fire selector came off. They were very friendly and also quite quick at responding to emails, they even sent me a couple of free patches! I rate them very highly as a company.

The gearbox design looks interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this!

let me tell you, you are very lucky! I tried to buy a couple of parts from them and the politely asked me to tell my closest distributor and *fruitcage off :(

I have brought parts of them and have never had an issue be it through my main agent . Pro Airsoft supplies or directly . Are one of the best for sales backup and tech or parts . Also have 2 year warrantys on their top tech guns .. 10 out of 10 .

let me tell you, you are very lucky! I tried to buy a couple of parts from them and the politely asked me to tell my closest distributor and *fruitcage off :(

Ouch man! That's surprising, I've heard (and experienced) nothing but good things about them. Did you run over the companies dog or something? :P

I think they found out somehow im an ICS fanboy... :lol:

Anyway, GENTS!, on topic:

After my second breakfast, while watching the video on the phone (the force bless smartphones) I saw there is a QD spring in there and there are several improvements over the tipical ICS split gearbox, which is really good, even more, the shape of the gun seems to be more like a regular AEG than the ICS or AS, many people will like that.

On the not so good side, pistol grip seems to be propietary, not a big deal, but some people need to put a MOE grip in all their guns

I'd also be interested to see if this becomes the de facto TopTech gear box (replacing the Gen 2 line, Gen 3 anyone) or if this is an additional specification to the existing lines --- and then, what kind of price will be charged. 

All they are missing now is some kind of recoil engine, then they'd have covered all bases from Systema, through ASCU and on to TM. Very interesting.

It doesnt look like there is a bolt lock function in the gun, just a split gearbox+microswitch+QDspring+probablycrappyblowback

Pricewise I can see this being more expensive than the top of the line G&G AEGs due to the improvements putting it very close to the more than probable ASAR price increase.

Bets? my money is in the 400/450€ range

Interesting, might hold out on buying a new M4 for a while then, see if this begins to filter into their range and knock the prices down of what's already on offer (as well as newer gen stuff rolling out), because well the requirements are a short M4 that'll last (and well, probably replace the receiver for something with better trades anyway) and I like G&G's prices and the CM16 I own is still going strong.

It doesnt look like there is a bolt lock function in the gun, just a split gearbox+microswitch+QDspring+probablycrappyblowback

Pricewise I can see this being more expensive than the top of the line G&G AEGs due to the improvements putting it very close to the more than probable ASAR price increase.

Bets? my money is in the 400/450€ range

The TopTech line already has working bolt catch, and one of the features on the new microchip 'thing' is for a TM-esque need to push the bolt release when reloading. 

To my limited engeenering knowledge (this is 0) there should be a lever of certain length or something pushing the bolt lock tab, so it can be pushed into position to resume fireing while the one in the video looked fairly staticand not connected to the low reciever judging how it was not removed in order to remove the lower gearbox.

Other option is that it stops shooting when no bbs are fed to the hop chamber and resumes it when a fresh mag is inserted and BBs move along the hop chamber chanel.

This summer will be full of interesting news...

Archived