Looking for a gbb G36

Inq Eisenhorn

Hey guys

I'm in the market for a gbb G36, I can see three companies supplying this rifle, SRC, WE, and UMAREX. just wondering if anyone can guide me to which will be the best bang for my buck, or which one to avoid.

I'm tending towards WE, because of the heavy support they have from RA-Tech should/when things go pop.

Let me know your thoughts.

I would recommend the WE one as its pretty solid out of the box(maybe a hop-up bucking switch needed) and the other two doesn't have much(if any) aftermarket support. Becareful with the RA-Tech upgrades as I heard putting steel trigger set in the gun may eat up the(pot metal) trigger box(why didn't Ratech make a trigger box too?).

SRC/VFC/Umarex - ALL terrible, unreliable and just plain bad.

The WE is one of the best GBBRs ive ever used.

Also do not install ANY RA-Tech upgrades, they cause more issues than they solve.  Save the money and buy a complete standard trigger set install as and when bits break.

Mine was rock solid up to about 12K rounds through.

Only thing I would suggest installing is a new hop rubber.

Different people like like different things.  Accurate internals is something a lot of people like.  I appreciate the attention to detail for sure.  I know the MP5 was a let down.  But from what I've read, run it on 134a and it has no issues apart from from wear from full auto.

As someone that actually OWNS an SRC G36 GBB, I can tell you on good authority that they are absolutely balls. the design of the bolt carrier is silly. The rate of fire is slow. Just dont get one. I used to think that accurate internals were important to me, until I bought the WE G36 and realised I didn't really care.

Has anyone used, or owned, or seen a VFC G36 in person? They seem to be pretty elusive in the wild, all the reviews are just "seems cool", info on them is pretty scarce unfortunately. I opted for a WE because it was very cheap and there are plenty of spares, the WE is certainly a nice replica + I preferred having well documented issues VS the unknown.

Also do not install ANY RA-Tech upgrades, they cause more issues than they solve.  Save the money and buy a complete standard trigger set install as and when bits break.

The RA-Tech cocking handle is something to keep in mind though. My standard one broke recently and I've only used mine for plinking and target shooting in the back garden.

You'll probably need to do something about the power if you want to skirmish it too, Mine is over 350fps with a .2 most of the year.

I think we have to be a bit pragmatic when it comes to internals. WA did, IMHO, wonders with their gas blowback system, in terms of internal accuracy, but we have to keep in mind what these products are intended to do....that is, fire a 6mm plastic bb. If the system replicates the real steel but fails to reliably deliver bb's down range it's a fail if you ask me.

I think the pro internal realism crew need to consider their words a bit, up till relatively recently, AEG's, Springers and Classic rifles were all we had, how real internally were they? Yet no doubt you had hours of fun with your chosen weapon. As far as I know, internal realism was never the promise of gbbr's, the selling point was always recoil. As long as the rifle delivers on that promise (and gets them bb's to the target) I don't care if the internals look like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory!

Has anyone used, or owned, or seen a VFC G36 in person? They seem to be pretty elusive in the wild, all the reviews are just "seems cool", info on them is pretty scarce unfortunately. 

My friend tried to sell me his for about $70 USD. Its build quality was great, but once I fired it....ugh. The action is sluggish and it struggles to get through mag dumps. 

And why so cheap? Because all three of the mags he ordered for it leak and he was sick of it.

Also forgot to mention the WE has a 3-stage magazine design which dramatically reduces cooldown.

Also makes it very good in the cold. Personally used mine in -3/4 temps with no issues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

W...T....F@*k!!!!

Speechless. That was NEVER a standard GHK PDW.....never.

The GHK PDW has a tiny little bolt, so it's actually pretty nuts on F/A. Mine was capable of mag dumps without a hitch at room temperature with the OEM GHK mags, with a mental R.O.F as well.

In fact, the Gen 3 PDW was actually an awesome gun all round, the only issue I could find with it was shallow receiver engravings, but that's hardly an issue. Little finicky to get the hop set as well, but other than that, nice little gun.

Back on topic, my vote is for the WE G36 - Just bear in mind it doesn't tend to like full auto a lot as far as the trajectory of the BB is concerned. Fine on semi, but it seems that on full auto the nozzle doesn't always seal completely, leading to BB's not really catching the hop after the first one. But realistically, full auto on a GBBR is just for messing about and showing off rather than actually engaging people :P

Like I said before, only upgrades needed for the WE G36 are -

Falcon Blue/TM Hop Rubber

Tight Bore Barrel (if wanted)

RA-Tech Valve Locker (if not allready installed, I believe most come with one as standard now)

RA-Tech Metal Cocking Handle

Tighten Selector Switch Grub Screws

Spare STOCK (WE) trigger/hammer set.

RA-Tech NPAS

At standard it should run to about 12K rounds with minimal issues providing your care for it properly. In my experience (owned 3) they last solidly until about 15K then the trigger pack starts to ware and cause issues. Easily replaced though, not seen any sever BCG damage in them either.

Overall a very nice solid rifle, strong recoil, reliable, very good in the cold (many vids about using in the snow!) and very cheap.

The only bad points I found are -

The 'delta ring' that holds the outer barrel onto the receiver can be caked in about 6 litres of loctite so bloody hard to remove to change the barrel/rubber.

The magazine shells are a little fragile, if you drop one badly it may crack around a retention screw meaning you need a new mag shell. Luckily these are cheap at around $7.00.

Archived