Old tanaka m13 FBI Special

Hello all !

Firstly, I'm a french dude so sorry for the grammar mistakes. :unsure: Yesterday, I bougth a Tanaka m13 revolver FBI special and the model is quite special and I'm looking for some informations about it. I can remove the sell of the cylinder and according to the saler, there is a hop up inside. Besides, the revolver came directly from Japan. Many thanks, Best regards

m10tanaka.jpg

tanaka3.jpg

tanaka2jzb.jpg

tanaka4.jpg

First, it's a Marushin, second, even if there is hop-up, it's fixed.

Unless in prehistoric times Tanaka made shell-fed revolvers that weren't based on the Cassiopeia charged shells, but I can't say I ever heard about those. Tanaka has their excellent Pegasus system, in which the gas reservoir is in the cylinder, not in the grip.

First, it's a Marushin, second, even if there is hop-up, it's fixed.

Says Tanaka works on the manual?

As for the hop, look above the inner barrel - There should be a tiny little hole with a grub screw in it; You'll need an ultrasmall allen key to adjust it.

Thanks for reply ;)

It's not a marushin because Tanaka marking are engraved on the side of the gun.  And I have not already received the gun, the saler will send it on wednesday. I wanted to know if someone else know something about is shooting capacity and when it has been produce? Thanks ;)

And if you have had this kind of gun before Simba, How did it shoot?

Mine shot very hard and loud. It was extremely intimidating. Because it was co2 the FPS was completely unpredictable. It could shoot anywhere from 200fps all the way to 700. I even crono'd it for 900 once.

I had one of the orginal versions of the Tanaka saa which used gas in the grip and had removable shells.  Unfortunately it was very light with cheap plastic especially compared with the quality of there newer models.  It also only fired around 170fps and had no hop up at all.

Haha, thinking of skirmishing a P7M13 myself.

One question, why do you call it a M13 the instructions clearly say it's an M10. Though in airsoft it's irrelavent the M13 was simply a .357 version of the .38 M10.

I call it this way because Tanaka call it like this too. If you look on any airsoft website ( WGC, ehobby, Uncompagny...) this gun is called "Tanaka m13 FBI special". However, this ex owner have change the original grip, that's why it doesn't look exactly the same as the shop one. When I'm looking for "m10" on internet, I have found shorter or longer version ;)

Archived