Builder jailed for a year for shooting two free jumpers

Baddbaz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just stupid

Yes it really is, but it doesn't mean that you don't hear it from the likes of certain PETA members, showing that some people can go too far in what they think is a 'good cause'.

But either way I think the topic is just too far off now :P.

'FireKnife'

Has peta ever said that?

Not PETA but comments from members, the ones that are usually tied to the events that give PETA a bad name and negative reception. So my post should say 'members of' not just the group name. My bad, will edit it so it makes more sense.

'FireKnife'

have you got a link?

Sadly no, the comments where made a while ago and I have not got anything to hand. I could try finding the email which contained them but given that it is cleared on a six month basis I doubt I have them.

Hardly the kind of thing one considers 'important', a few stupid comments made by radical members of an animal rights group.

'FireKnife'

There is a line between hate and offence, and it has been blurred to hell. If I say something that I am unaware has racist connotations, and someone takes offence, that does not make me a racist...it makes me ignorant. People have forgotten that malice is a defining characteristic of racism, whereas ignorance is merely the lack of knowledge.

Personally I don't think any of the current stamping out of racism campaigns have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding, because they are in themselves racist. Ironic, no? The only real way of actually stopping racism is to right not, stop treating it as something different. If I punch someone, it's assault. If I shout abuse at someone, it's verbal assault. If I kill someone, it's murder. Saying that it's somehow worse for me to punch someone of an ethnic minority than it is to punch a Caucasian is preposterous...both are equally obscene. If the action has occurred, all you're leaking for is means, motive and opportunity. Racism can be the motive, but why does that make the crime worse? We're now into classifying and creating a hierarchy of hate. Of course, you can lump all of that into 'hate-crimes' which is where that name came from in the first place, but it's still just the motive and does not somehow make the crime more palatable or heinous.

We're all human. I wish people could get over themselves.

its a really interesting subject - a few thoughts:

" Saying that it's somehow worse for me to punch someone of an ethnic minority than it is to punch a Caucasian is preposterous...both are equally obscene."

This is true, and AFAIK under the law this is the case. What is different is if you were to punch someone of an ethnic minority, whilst for example calling them some racial epithet. 

Likewise I its also worse because of the historical/sociological factors that come into play (which is why I think white-on-black racism is worse then black-on-white racism)

Likewise I its also worse because of the historical/sociological factors that come into play (which is why I think white-on-black racism is worse then black-on-white racism)

This is the whole problem ... People trying to define types of racism due to colour , creed , caste etc . Racism is racism end of story . Also the fact that every person on this planet has some form of racism , bigotry , but never admits to it .

Indians do it by class system same as English people do , every culture has had an issue with another culture somewhere along the line ,

It is in human nature to attack , verbalise any thing that Dosnt fit in with your. Own cultures normal criteria .

Common sense used to prevail in dealing with any issues as did a sense of humour . Something sadly frowned upon nowadays with the you can't say this or that in case you offend someone culture .

This then breeds contempt and ambiguity to people that get branded racist when they clearly to all and sundry are not . This then impacts on their opinions and future relationships with other community's ,

Today's policy's/ laws do not stop racism , they propagate a more dangerous hidden undercurrent of racism which stays unspoken to the majority's

Racism is racism is tautological - but I still think that some racism is worse then others. Nigger will be more offensive then cracker for a very long time I suspect! FWIW the only time I have heard open islamophobia was from a sihk guy I knew. but whatever. I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post - its pushed views underground, so to speak and meant that EDL/BNP and the like have filled the vacuum.

With the new influx of various immigrant cultures racism is rearing its head again in more serious ways , some Eastern Europeans , Somalians mediteraneans , not all , have an old school racist way of voicing , enforcing their views . I talk to a lot of black/ white people in london that have to defend / attack against this new attack on their nationality , communities

The goverment is intentionally / unintentionally creating nationality ghettos , around london . Most adults deal with this new form verbaly . But the younger members of many nationalitys are forming into gangs . In Camden alone . We have Greek , Turkish , Somalian , polish / Eastern European , West Indian , Muslim , mediteranean and English gangs . Most form to defend attacks on their community's . Many have highly criminal elements attached to them . Be it drugs , trafficking , prostitution , protection etc

The goverments policy on forced immigration / housing is aggravating the situation even more .

Any one who tries to bring it up in papers / community's gets tarred with being racist .

Unless a well thought out agenda / plan is put into place sooner rather than later , big problems are going to ensue for many people. .our youth is dividing and festering at the moment , sooner or later it is going to boil over .

The goverment call it / designate it as an underclass . Their mistake at the moment is

Not realizing that there are lots of different underclasses not just one group .

Archived