Ares MS338 reviews?

Bucko

Can someone link me to some quality reviews of this gun?  

What upgrades can be done?  

Is it compatible with any other gun's parts (minor modification ok)?

It's beautiful, but if it's worthless (meaning can't hit 300' or in excess of 500 FPS with the CO2 bolt), then I'll pass...

This won't help much, but I can assure you this is a REALLY heavy gun. I think they said 30lbs? If you don't have the muscles, don't get this gun. If you like to run a lot, don't get this gun.

It's heavy because the whole construction is made out of metal.

I know this because a former Canadian Marine told me he loved the gun and it shoots great. That's all I got for you. Sorry. I'll try asking my buddy who knows more about this gun tomorrow.

30lbs?! The Ares version weighs 10lbs and the real thing 13lbs. Add three or four pounds for a full magazine and a scope, maximum. 30lbs is more than an M240B.

Anyway, it's an Ares. That usually means nice externals and fragile, proprietary internals. I would avoid this like a Liberian hospital.

[EDIT]Oh, and I almost forgot to add - this is the one with the unbelievably stupid feeding system! Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrdOrPYzqRM

Yeah. Steer well clear of this.[/EDIT]

My bad. 13lbs it is. I have no sense of numbers, sorry.

Apart from that, I asked my friend today and he also said to avoid it. He said the "shears" need replacing and so as the "bolt." He said it's a pain in the butt to maintain. So I guess like PureSilver said, avoid at all cost.

I concur, why do they come up with these crazy ideas I mean whats wrong with feeding from the mag ? seems to work for most other airsoft guns and dare I say even RS ones too!  Its like their Wa2000 have mag in the gun, make it removable, fill it with bb's? no that'd be far too sensible, we'll put fake bullets in the mag and have a long brass tube act as the mag, you then cant possibly carry a spare and have to go through the fiddly job of refilling the tube everytime you want to re-load, that makes it really skirmishable....

I guess this just has a really long feed tube from the mag to the hop, but after loading a full mag and having that fill the tube I guess you could top up the mag again to give you a little more ammo capacity.

Not really my cup tea, but if I saw one cheap in the bargain bin I might pick it up.

Jim

I have to disagree with this. While it could well be made out of pot metal (which I very much doubt) a marshal had one of these at my site. Externals lovely and very well painted, it was a beauty. Also, in the redwolf video apparently it's tm compatible in terms of hop ETC, so it could well be a very good gun upgraded, except for the feeding design. WTF goes through the designers heads?

I have to disagree with this. While it could well be made out of pot metal (which I very much doubt) a marshal had one of these at my site. Externals lovely and very well painted, it was a beauty. Also, in the redwolf video apparently it's tm compatible in terms of hop ETC, so it could well be a very good gun upgraded, except for the feeding design. WTF goes through the designers heads?

This design copied Marui L96 which allows correct magazine placement

Archived